follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Old 07-14-2015, 02:41 AM   #1
Irace86
Banned

Drives: BRZ + Ducati M796
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
Hitcase for iPhone

I wanted a camera for doing amateur recording, but didn't want to go with the GoPro for a number of reasons. I ended up going with a Hitcase. It was cheaper to get new and has some perks like their app was cool, the Videometer, or something, and the ease of viewing the videos and angling the shots, transferring and editing them, etc.

The big thing that sucked was when I bought my iPhone 6 I was going to have to wait for them to develop the case. Fast forward to the end of April, and they finally get the cases up online for preorder with a note that they would ship early next month. I waited for early May to buy mine and then waited for my tracking email to show up. Instead I got some weekly email updates about product release delays. No biggie; at least they are sending out detailed information with production development.

A month and a half after the order I received my package and overall I am pleased except I also ordered a separate MotoR accessory which allows the case to mount to my motorcycle. I guess there was an email they sent saying the accessories would come separate.

Here is something I don't get, two weeks later, and I still don't have the accessory. I asked them before about delays, and for there part, they responded very well, but I have to wonder, how can there be delays with the accessory? The new iPhone 6 case they sell mounts to the same rail system, so were they sold out of those already too? Is there business exploding faster than they can handle? Are they shipping parts to dealers before customers who bought direct? I am so confused how an accessory that is universal is sold out. That is like the iPhone 6 coming out and Apple is out of extra charging cables when the 5 and 5c used the same charging cable. Make sense?

Anyone have an experience with this company? Normally when I buy online I buy from eBay or Amazon, pay immediately and get quick shipping, and if I buy direct, even from a small store, it is fast because I heard they were legit from forum members, but I took a shot here assuming good things, and the delays seem odd.
Irace86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 02:48 AM   #2
Irace86
Banned

Drives: BRZ + Ducati M796
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
I meant to put this in the right place, not the classifieds...oops
Irace86 is offline   Reply With Quote