follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Off-Topic Discussions > Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS]

Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] For all off-topic discussion topics.

View Poll Results: Which one will you be buying?
Xbox One 86 29.25%
PS4 189 64.29%
Undecided 31 10.54%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 294. You may not vote on this poll

User Tag List

Old 11-23-2013, 01:58 PM   #477
Conundrum

Drives: 1991 Mazda Miata
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirBrass View Post
Call Sony. That's a warranty issue & they're honoring it.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
That's my next move I just figured since target was so close to me it was worth a shot over the past week. Glad they're honoring it though that's good.
Conundrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 10:40 PM   #478
n2oinferno
Praise Helix!

Drives: Accord 2.0T, Silverado
Thanked 2,208 Times in 1,072 Posts
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
The follow up to the Black Friday, Game of Thrones, PS4/Xbox One episode. A Song of Ass and Fire:
http://www.southparkstudios.com/full...f-ass-and-fire
n2oinferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 02:12 PM   #479
cfusionpm

Drives: Firestorm 6MT Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
Snapping apps to the side is clunky at best and non-functional at worse. Right now, the only way I can figure out how to swap between them is to exit back home and re-select either the main thing I was doing or the side thing. I cannot figure out how to change the channel on snapped mode (or at all) without using the cable remote or voice commands (which are hit and miss). If it works as it's described, it has a steeeep learning curve. Probably will not replace my normal cable control unless it's easier to figure out.

2013 Firestorm 6MT Scion FR-S
cfusionpm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 09:46 AM   #480
n2oinferno
Praise Helix!

Not much activity in this thread anymore, so I assume everyone enjoying their Xbox Ones and PS4s? Hopefully nobody has had the bad drive issue with the XB1, but if you do apparently Microsoft is giving out a free game for your trouble.
Old 11-26-2013, 11:09 AM   #481
Chee-Hu

Drives: BRZ
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by n2oinferno View Post
Not much activity in this thread anymore, so I assume everyone enjoying their Xbox Ones and PS4s? Hopefully nobody has had the bad drive issue with the XB1, but if you do apparently Microsoft is giving out a free game for your trouble.
My XB1 has been issue-free since Friday morning, and I hope it stays that way. I struck out again on PS4 when the unclaimed preorders at Best Buy were available. People lined up hours before the store opened again lol. I don't want it that bad!
Chee-Hu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 11:12 AM   #482
n2oinferno
Praise Helix!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chee-Hu View Post
My XB1 has been issue-free since Friday morning, and I hope it stays that way. I struck out again on PS4 when the unclaimed preorders at Best Buy were available. People lined up hours before the store opened again lol. I don't want it that bad!
Good to hear you're trouble free. Keep checking the stock tracking sites like http://www.nowinstock.net/videogaming/consoles/ps4/
That's how a friend of mine got his PS4 from Best Buy last week.

I also saw that the average selling price of a PS4 on Ebay is only 425 bucks now. Sucks for the scalpers.
The Following User Says Thank You to n2oinferno For This Useful Post:
Chee-Hu (11-26-2013)
Old 11-26-2013, 11:14 AM   #483
Chee-Hu

Drives: BRZ
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quote:
Good to hear you're trouble free. Keep checking the stock tracking sites like http://www.nowinstock.net/videogaming/consoles/ps4/
That's how a friend of mine got his PS4 from Best Buy last week.

I also saw that the average selling price of a PS4 on Ebay is only 425 bucks now. Sucks for the scalpers.
Awesome, thanks for the link! I've been keeping my eye on eBay as well. I will most likely go that route for my brother's Christmas present.
Chee-Hu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 07:40 PM   #484
cfusionpm

Garage
My roommate works for David Jaffe, creator of titles like Twisted Metal and God of War. Apparently, his personal PS4 was "up for grabs" for any of the few employees of his new startup independant company while he was out of town for the holidays. My roomie ended up with it and a handful of games. I've been playing it a decent amount. Mostly KillZone.

I have to say, that's quite a beautiful game, but then again, none of the games I got for X1 were graphics powerhouses themselves (360 port for CoD, no AA filter on FM5, thousands of on-screen zombies in DR3) so I was taken back by how good it looked. Too bad gameplay was a little wonky and kind of boring (at least the first 2 hours of the campaign). I take back most of what I said about the controller; playing standing at a kiosk at comic con, it felt very MEH. Playing a shooter at home on the couch was a significant improvement. I still wouldn't put it as good as the 360, but it's pretty damn good. I hate the touch pad. I think it's stupid, its useless, it's complicated, and you either accidentally hit it or can't hit what you want to hit. Not only that, you have to break your grip in order to use it; upsetting the balance of control. My only other complaint is a personal one; my fingers naturally rest RIGHT BETWEEN top and bottom shoulder buttons. I would have liked to see them shifted up or down to draw your hand to either R1 or R2 instead of in the middle. It changes my natural hand position slightly. I'm sure I could get used to it, but it was very awkward having spend thousands of hours on 360 shooters and falling in love with those triggers and buttons.

My other roommate managed to hard-lock and freeze the PS4 while playing some shooter arcade game while we were installing Killzone. System wouldn't respond, restart, or do anything until the cord was plugged. Then to turn it back on....... where is the power button again? Yelling "PS4 ON!" got me glares and stares from both of them. :P

The Following User Says Thank You to cfusionpm For This Useful Post:
Chee-Hu (11-26-2013)
Old 11-27-2013, 12:25 AM   #485
n2oinferno
Praise Helix!

God dammit.. I finally started playing Battlefield 4. I put it in at about 9PM and figured, ok, I'll play for an hour or so. Now it's 12:30 and I have to get up in six hours. Crap.

Amazing game though.

I agree that the touchpad feels a bit wonky in Killzone. Being used as a clickable button in other games works well though, imo.
Old 12-01-2013, 11:00 PM   #486
subwaynm

Drives: Scion FR-S Coupe
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Garage
Okay I broke the mold and purchased a PS3 I don't really care for all the latest and greatest & just want to play games with good graphics and sound to be honest. No hardcore Gamer here.
But this thread has sure been interesting reading because some of you sure are Hardcore, so your knowledge goes way out there.
Thanks for all the info

Enjoy
subwaynm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 11:53 PM   #487
n2oinferno
Praise Helix!

I just want to throw this out there as a warning to all Xbox One owners. There's currently a trick going around to supposedly make your Xbox One backwards compatible and play Xbox 360 games.

DO NOT DO IT!

There's a better chance that it will brick your system. And if you do brick the system, the commands you've put in have actually voided your warranty and Microsoft will not help you. Don't end up with a five hundred dollar paper weight.
The Following User Says Thank You to n2oinferno For This Useful Post:
cfusionpm (12-07-2013)
Old 12-07-2013, 12:01 AM   #488
Meehow86
Banned

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ Premium 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by subwaynm View Post
Okay I broke the mold and purchased a PS3 I don't really care for all the latest and greatest & just want to play games with good graphics and sound to be honest. No hardcore Gamer here.
But this thread has sure been interesting reading because some of you sure are Hardcore, so your knowledge goes way out there.
Thanks for all the info

Enjoy
lol, same here. I bought a PS3 a couple months ago instead of waiting for PS4 to come out. I've played GTA V, The Last of Us, Journey, and Hotline Miami. I'm currently playing Red Dead Redemption and its awesome. There's just too many good games out on current gen for me to jump over to the next gen just because of the graphics.
Meehow86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 03:02 AM   #489
subwaynm

Drives: Scion FR-S Coupe
Garage
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meehow86 View Post
lol, same here. I bought a PS3 a couple months ago instead of waiting for PS4 to come out. I've played GTA V, The Last of Us, Journey, and Hotline Miami. I'm currently playing Red Dead Redemption and its awesome. There's just too many good games out on current gen for me to jump over to the next gen just because of the graphics.
Sweet! Meehow86; sounds like were still having big fun. I got GTA V also, Test Drive, Madden 25, 2K14 and one of those wheels/pedal gizmos. So far I'm having fun with Madden. I've been a Madden Junkie since the first one or should I admit that I also played Techmo Bowl..

Game On!
subwaynm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 01:58 PM   #490
cfusionpm

Garage
Quote:
I just want to throw this out there as a warning to all Xbox One owners. There's currently a trick going around to supposedly make your Xbox One backwards compatible and play Xbox 360 games.

DO NOT DO IT!

There's a better chance that it will brick your system. And if you do brick the system, the commands you've put in have actually voided your warranty and Microsoft will not help you. Don't end up with a five hundred dollar paper weight.
I hadn't heard of it anyway, but seeing as my 360 is right next to my X1 and my TV has four HDMI inputs, I really never saw the need. :P

I finally moved all my stuff into my room... Wanted to game within sitting distance of the computer.

I also just bought LEGO Marvel Superheroes download version. I was pleasantly surprised that I was able to begin playing it withing 5% of the DOWNLOAD! I don't know how the PS4 is, but on both old systems, you had to wait until the entire game downloaded before playing (and wait for install on PS3). I think this will be my preferred way of getting games from now on. Not only will they be accessible from any console in the world (with my login), but I won't have to fumble around with discs anymore, and access seems to be dang near instant.