follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Software Tuning

Software Tuning Discuss all software tuning topics.

User Tag List

Old 03-21-2018, 02:37 PM   #29
Hyper4mance2k
Shadetree Project Ratchet

Drives: series.Blue
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Will this work with a bluetooth OBD dongle?
Old 08-04-2018, 05:51 PM   #30
varunhknz

Drives: Toyota Prius
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
MINI VCI Troubleshooting issue - Need Support

Hi Guys I really need some support here. I ordered the MINI-VCI J2534 cable. It arrived with a small CD containing techstream V12.20.024

I have a Toyota Prius. Itech 2006 My PC is Windows 8.1 64 bit
I followed the instructions from the CD and installed everything only to find error: Unable to connect to vim techstream

After troubleshooting the error I found this page and followed steps in this post.
Techstream TIS VCI Installation Guide (64-bit OS) Including All Software Needed! - Scion FR-S Forum | Subaru BRZ Forum | Toyota 86 GT 86 Forum | AS1 Forum - FT86CLUB
I made sure to uninstall techstream before proceeding with these steps in the link above.
Also, The dropbox in the above link had everything except the MVCI driver for TOYOTA.msi. So I copied that file from my CD.
- Toyota Techstream 8.00.034
- Techstream_Update_V8.10.021
- ***MVCI Driver for TOYOTA - was copied from CD
- TIS KEY

I can't seem to go past this step below, which involves locating the two failing devices in device manager.
Plug the MINI VCI cable to the USB port.
Open the Device Manager and locate the two failing devices in the list. Both will appear with yellow icon (usually under “Other”), indicating that Windows failed to install drivers for them. Now, right click each failing device, select Install Driver, then “Browse my Computer…” and point it for "C:\Program Files (x86)\XHorse Electronics\MVCI Driver for TOYOTA TIS" (enable the “include subfolders” flag). Click “Next” and wait until drivers are installed. .
- Basically nothing happens when I plug in my MINIVCI device. I have a feeling this maybe because the driver was already installed earlier. Perhaps it did not get uninstalled with techstream V12. I understand they maybe two separate software. However I don't know how to uninstall the driver. I have already checked in 'uninstall programs'. It does not have anything called MINI VCI Driver or anything related to techstream. Is there any specific name of this driver

Can anyone please tell me how I can uninstall these drivers or what am i doing wrong here?
varunhknz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 07:14 PM   #31
Trueweltall

Drives: 2016 Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Goto manage devices, plug in your cable, you will see it pop up on the list of devices, select it and click uninstall.
Trueweltall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 12:35 AM   #32
varunhknz

MINI VCI Troubleshooting issue - Need Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by n1trox View Post
The cable's driver is just a USB to Serial interface.
Techstream use the mvci.dll to communicate with the USB com port.
So just install the USB to Serial Port driver, then you can use Techstream on any version of Windows.
My OS is Windows 10 64bit, the cable's USB to Serial chip is ft232, so I download the driver on http://www.ftdichip.com/FTDrivers.htm and simply extract it, right click the .inf file then click install.
Now you can use Techstream!
Hi n1trox

I have 64bit with Windows 8.1
I have followed all the instructions and even activated Techstream multiple times after researching this issue.
FYI, I can see
"USB Serial Port (COM3)" in the "Ports" root menu AND "USB Serial Converter" in the "Universal Serial Bus controllers" root menu

However, I "FirmwareUpdateTool.exe" does not run on my computer.
I read a note somewhere
NOTE: This application may not work on Windows 8/8.1/10

I have read your post and visited http://www.ftdichip.com/FTDrivers.htm
However I cannot locate the driver.
It says,
New drivers are now available to support the FT4222H - for D2XX drivers please click here.

Can you please give me the exact link and what is the name of the driver?

Sorry I am very new to this.

Thank you

Last edited by varunhknz; 08-10-2018 at 12:38 AM. Reason: Forgot add port info..
Old 08-10-2018, 12:39 AM   #33
varunhknz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trueweltall View Post
Goto manage devices, plug in your cable, you will see it pop up on the list of devices, select it and click uninstall.
Thank you very much sir. I have uninstalled the drivers..
Old 08-11-2018, 10:00 PM   #34
varunhknz

MINI VCI Troubleshooting - 64bit Windows 8.1- Solved!!!

I want to point out a few things for everyone that has a 64bit computer with Windows 8.1

I followed both of these link to clearly install the Techstream 10.10.018. This version definitely works:
Toyota Techstream J2534 clone Install on Win7 Win8 64bit | OBDII365.com Official Blog
Download
Dropbox - Techstream - Simplify your life

If you having trouble following the instruction or missing any files you may also want to refer to this link below for clarification or additional downloads.
Techstream TIS VCI Installation Guide (64-bit OS) Including All Software Needed! - Scion FR-S Forum | Subaru BRZ Forum | Toyota 86 GT 86 Forum | AS1 Forum - FT86CLUB

Firstly you need to stop windows from automatically installation the driver when plugging in the MINI VCI cable to the USB port.
Refer to the link below, if you don't know how to do this. .
https://ccm.net/faq/35640-prevent-wi...ng-new-drivers

If the drivers are already installed, please go to device manager and uninstall the below:
"USB Serial Port (COM3)" in the "Ports" root menu AND "USB Serial Converter" in the "Universal Serial Bus controllers" root menu

Secondly, please note: "FirmwareUpdateTool.exe" will not work on Windows 8/8.1/10
Skip this step, as this will not work.

Start Techstream from the Desktop shortcut. Chose your region, enter the deal information (you can enter anything). Go to Setup | VIM Select menu and select the “XHorse - MVCI”. Connect USB Interface cable to your car’s OBDII interface, turn ignition on, then click “Connect to Vehicle” in Techstream. It will take a few moments to connect and you can proceed with selecting your vehicle.

1. Connect USB cable to laptop
2. Start laptop
3. Start Techstream
4. Start Car (Can also be in ACC ON, but get better results generally with car in Ready)
5. Plug OBD to car
6. Connect via Techstream
Old 08-17-2018, 07:22 PM   #35
djenkins3467

Drives: 2013 Lexus ES350
Hello Jhood: First, thank you for taking the time to put this all together. Excellent reference. I have a W7 Pro 64 bit laptop, and the typical using your instructions am able to get the Mini VCI cable to work. I.e. the Xhorse update tool reports that the cable is connected. But I cannot get techstream to connect to the car. I am thinking that I did not interpret the steps relating to installing the techstream update and IT3system.ini (Step 2 of this section relating to the techstream software).

To be honest, I am confused that nowhere do you indicate that the update executable is to be actually run. And I dont understand what "To activate it..." means exactly (The drag and drop step).

Would you be so kind as to walk me thru the techstream software and update section in a bit more detail so I can understand?

PS I think I was able to get the registry modified ok. I am thinking that it is stumbling because I did not load the techstream update right.

Thank you so much for doing this!!!!!

Dave Jenkins
djenkins3467@gmail.com
djenkins3467 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 05:20 AM   #36
Liliflower

Drives: 2008 FT86 GTS
Updated
Latest Ver. 14.10.018
Crack download no registration key (Mega link)
incl. MVCI driver
Liliflower is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Liliflower For This Useful Post:
BRZyJ (06-14-2019), steve99 (06-14-2019)
Old 11-05-2019, 10:47 PM   #37
ruggb

Drives: toy rav4
I have followed the "bible" on installation for x64 on W10. When I get to open FUT, nothing happens. Well, it does open but does not display on screen. Task Manager is showing it using 32.1% CPU as MVCIConfigurationTool MFC Application.
The driver is FTDI 2.12.28.0 for both USB serial port and serial converter
What did I miss?????????
ruggb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2019, 01:32 PM   #38
ruggb

Drives: toy rav4
I have FINALLY gotten my mini-vci adapter working -- on W7, but I cannot make it work on W10. I have a 2007 Prius and a 2014 Rav4. Works on both with W7, neither with W10. I have 2 laptops, but until I loaded W7 on one of them it worked on neither.

I am using Autokent's software to load the driver info to the registry and it is all there. I have tried ver 1.4.3, 1.4.4, 1.4.5, 1.4.6, 1.4.8, & 2.0.1 along with the one I installed per direction.

My mini has v1.4.1 f/w. TS ver 14.30.023 on both W7 & W10.

FTDI driver is v2.6.0.0

Where do I go from here?
ruggb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2019, 02:40 AM   #39
nos145
Cognite

Drives: 2013 Whiteout FRS
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
resurrecting this as i got mine from aliexpress and got it working following the instructions.
thnx

win 8.1 here
nos145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2019, 05:24 PM   #40
Danny318

Drives: 2019 BRZ
Anyone who got it working what are some of the best things you are able to do/adjust with the software?
Danny318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2021, 02:29 PM   #41
jrhudson

Drives: 2016 scion frs
a little confused here. i cant find "MVCI Driver for TOYOTA.msi" doing the command line doesnt work because it says the folder doesnt exist.
jrhudson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2021, 11:31 PM   #42
Jaden
Road-hole

Drives: 2013 Whiteout FR-S
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
let's see...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny318 View Post
Anyone who got it working what are some of the best things you are able to do/adjust with the software?
The main things I've done with it, is live monitoring of engine functions, turned off the DRLs and seatbelt chimes and changed the trunk opening to double click instead of hold....

Jaden
Jaden is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
obd2, obdii, techstream, tis, vci