follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Xero Limit
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Scion FR-S Forum | Subaru BRZ Forum | Toyota 86 GT 86 Forum | AS1 Forum - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Software Tuning

Software Tuning Discuss all software tuning topics.


User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-19-2019, 10:26 AM   #1
toast
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Drives: 14 BSP Edelbrock BRZ
Location: Lon Gisland
Posts: 643
Thanks: 105
Thanked 349 Times in 199 Posts
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Rich transient fuel condition

All,

In the process of tuning my Edelbrock kit with Zach from CSG. Everything is pretty much dialed in, but we have an issue with throttle transients from a stop. He has already removed over 30% of the fuel from the transient tables but when leaving a stop my AFR goes very rich for a second before recovering. This causes a very slight but very annoying stumble when taking off from a stop. Zach suspects one of my injectors may have a small leak since the fueling is dead on when driving normally. I'm going to get a pair of new injectors and start swapping them out one side at a time.

Anyone else ever run across this?
toast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2019, 08:25 PM   #2
steve99
Senior Member
 
steve99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Drives: FT86
Location: Australia
Posts: 7,447
Thanks: 966
Thanked 4,619 Times in 2,756 Posts
Mentioned: 513 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Do you have fairly large port injectors fitted ?


If you have aftermarket pump fitted check fuel pressure isnt too high should be arround 60psi



Try running 100% direct injection only till say 0.7 load if its not already done.
steve99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2019, 09:44 PM   #3
toast
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Drives: 14 BSP Edelbrock BRZ
Location: Lon Gisland
Posts: 643
Thanks: 105
Thanked 349 Times in 199 Posts
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Everything is stock.

I'll let Zach do the tuning parts, just wondering if anyone ever had experience with a leaking injector and what the symptoms are.
toast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2019, 11:05 PM   #4
solidsnake11
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Drives: brz
Location: nc
Posts: 428
Thanks: 23
Thanked 262 Times in 144 Posts
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Usually a leaking injector will have the most effect when you turn the engine off. The injector dumps the fuel untill the pressure in the rail is zero. Then the fuel sits in the intake untill you start the engine.
Engine is hard to start and stumbles when started untill the excess fuel is gone.
solidsnake11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 10:23 AM   #5
toast
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Drives: 14 BSP Edelbrock BRZ
Location: Lon Gisland
Posts: 643
Thanks: 105
Thanked 349 Times in 199 Posts
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
That makes sense, thanks.
toast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 12:39 AM   #6
Mr_Eyo
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Drives: 2017 Toyota 86
Location: CA, USA
Posts: 186
Thanks: 15
Thanked 24 Times in 21 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by toast View Post
All,

In the process of tuning my Edelbrock kit with Zach from CSG. Everything is pretty much dialed in, but we have an issue with throttle transients from a stop. He has already removed over 30% of the fuel from the transient tables but when leaving a stop my AFR goes very rich for a second before recovering. This causes a very slight but very annoying stumble when taking off from a stop. Zach suspects one of my injectors may have a small leak since the fueling is dead on when driving normally. I'm going to get a pair of new injectors and start swapping them out one side at a time.

Anyone else ever run across this?
I've got the same thing. Large IPW and retarded timing starting on the gas. 2017 AT. Not sure anything can be done since it prevents knocking.
Mr_Eyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 05:54 AM   #7
freerunner
Senior Member
 
freerunner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Drives: GT86
Location: Germany
Posts: 138
Thanks: 133
Thanked 40 Times in 33 Posts
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Eyo View Post
Large IPW and retarded timing starting on the gas.

Load limits ok, not too high?
freerunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 09:18 AM   #8
toast
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Drives: 14 BSP Edelbrock BRZ
Location: Lon Gisland
Posts: 643
Thanks: 105
Thanked 349 Times in 199 Posts
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Eyo View Post
I've got the same thing. Large IPW and retarded timing starting on the gas. 2017 AT. Not sure anything can be done since it prevents knocking.
Who did your tune? Zach said that the richness that he sees in my log is not on purpose and not normal. I thought the small stumble I always felt leaving a stop was me not being able to drive with the new clutch until I caught it one particularly cold morning when the car was outside. Just giving it a little gas while sitting still made it almost stall and I caught it in a log.
toast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 04:51 PM   #9
steve99
Senior Member
 
steve99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Drives: FT86
Location: Australia
Posts: 7,447
Thanks: 966
Thanked 4,619 Times in 2,756 Posts
Mentioned: 513 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by toast View Post
Who did your tune? Zach said that the richness that he sees in my log is not on purpose and not normal. I thought the small stumble I always felt leaving a stop was me not being able to drive with the new clutch until I caught it one particularly cold morning when the car was outside. Just giving it a little gas while sitting still made it almost stall and I caught it in a log.

Racerom​ 10 had a bunch of strange bugs. Racrom 11 fixed quite a few. But racrom 9.1 seems reliable but lacks some of the advanced features of 10/11 like closed loop fueling and intergrated flex.


But might be worth trting to get tune using racerom 9.1 if you think everything mechanical is ok
steve99 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Transient Fueling ~ DI/PI Kodename47 Software Tuning 2 07-17-2015 06:27 AM
Rotrex vs Turbo (AVO) for Track use (transient response, IATs, heat management, etc) glamcem Forced Induction 56 08-25-2014 06:07 PM
Transient ignition and knock count brn12345 Software Tuning 19 06-10-2014 11:46 PM
Transient Ignition Retard Tables from RomRaider Ralph Spoilsport Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB 31 05-24-2014 07:48 AM
Rich man's FR-S (WRB BRZ) Hamza7 Cleaning and Detailing 9 06-24-2012 11:36 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:34 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.