follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Suspension | Chassis | Brakes -- Sponsored by 949 Racing

Suspension | Chassis | Brakes -- Sponsored by 949 Racing Relating to suspension, chassis, and brakes. Sponsored by 949 Racing.

User Tag List

Old 09-18-2019, 09:22 PM   #15
wparsons

Drives: 2013 Asphalt FR-S Manual
Thanked 3,351 Times in 2,134 Posts
Mentioned: 99 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spacemane969 View Post
Alignment is buttoned up really nicely, I make sure that it's better than factory but still within OEM ranges. I think about placebo alot, I might have to do a swap drive with something stock, but I know something just doesn't feel right.

I'm also still having creaking and clunking in the end links although it's not as severe ,as I've adjusted it after install. I've seen so many different opinions on install, some say that the lengths don't have to be equal left to right, some say they have to be absolutely perfect. I noticed the other day that somehow my right wheel measures up to 5/8" higher than my left wheel on completely flat ground(measured to fender). Not sure if that is acceptable or normal.

5/8" difference left to right is pretty huge, I'd look into what's happening there. Was it on perfectly flat ground with no extra weight in the car?

The end link lengths should be set to remove any preload/twist on the bar at resting height. The easiest way to do that is to have the car resting on flat ground with both links disconnected, adjust one link to get the arm of the sway bar horizontal, then go to the other side and adjust the link so that it easily connects to the sway bar without any force. Chances are very slim that the lengths will be the same, even if the ride height is perfectly even left/right.
The Following User Says Thank You to wparsons For This Useful Post:
Spacemane969 (09-19-2019)
Old 09-19-2019, 03:42 PM   #16
Spacemane969

Drives: 2013 ARGENTO A/T
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wparsons View Post
5/8" difference left to right is pretty huge, I'd look into what's happening there. Was it on perfectly flat ground with no extra weight in the car?

The end link lengths should be set to remove any preload/twist on the bar at resting height. The easiest way to do that is to have the car resting on flat ground with both links disconnected, adjust one link to get the arm of the sway bar horizontal, then go to the other side and adjust the link so that it easily connects to the sway bar without any force. Chances are very slim that the lengths will be the same, even if the ride height is perfectly even left/right.
Great info. Thanks.
Spacemane969 is offline   Reply With Quote