follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics

BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics All discussions about the first-gen Subaru BRZ coupe

User Tag List

Old 06-18-2017, 08:37 PM   #71
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,283 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2495 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanadaEh View Post
Don't you dare pay it. It's your money, you worked for it, earned it and they don't deserve it. Giving out tickets for facing the wrong way hahaha the audacity on these people... What's next? Tickets for opening your door with the wrong hand...
The rule says "park this way or risk a fine".
It is not up to each individual to say "Screw that rule I don't like it"
How is this a strange concept?
bkharmony (06-19-2017), winstonscifi (06-18-2017)
Old 06-18-2017, 08:49 PM   #72
TheRoops

Drives: 2015 Subaru BRZ Series.Blue
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
Don't encourage me or I'll keep Goering.
TheRoops is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheRoops For This Useful Post:
bkharmony (06-19-2017), new2subaru (06-18-2017)
Old 06-18-2017, 09:00 PM   #73
StraightOuttaCanadaEh
Wes

Drives: Artisan Spirits '17 86
Thanked 1,674 Times in 994 Posts
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quote:
The rule says "park this way or risk a fine".
It is not up to each individual to say "Screw that rule I don't like it"
How is this a strange concept?

Just because someone has the power to implement a rule, doesn't mean it's a good rule or should be implemented. I don't like that big brother shit. People like that make me want to take their face and smash it into a wall. It's like they don't realize that people work for money. Useless inconsiderate pieces of trash. My hate for these people knows no bounds. Kinda like in toronto they bragged how this one fire hydrant made the city $250000 because it's far away from the kerb and no one ever sees it so they park there. There is no warning sign posted to tell people there's a hidden hydrant. They just fleece an innocent citizen of a day's pay worth of money, if not more, and brag about it. Goddamn bureaucrats, they make me sick. And now these jokers with their facing wrong way parking. I would love to take that ticket book and shove it up their ass. Really grinds my gears, bs like this.
StraightOuttaCanadaEh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 09:06 PM   #74
Tcoat

Quote:
Just because someone has the power to implement a rule, doesn't mean it's a good rule or should be implemented. I don't like that big brother shit. People like that make me want to take their face and smash it into a wall. It's like they don't realize that people work for money. Useless inconsiderate pieces of trash. My hate for these people knows no bounds. Kinda like in toronto they bragged how this one fire hydrant made the city $250000 because it's far away from the kerb and no one ever sees it so they park there. There is no warning sign posted to tell people there's a hidden hydrant. They just fleece an innocent citizen of a day's pay worth of money, if not more, and brag about it. Goddamn bureaucrats, they make me sick. And now these jokers with their facing wrong way parking. I would love to take that ticket book and shove it up their ass. Really grinds my gears, bs like this.
You realize tat they all are doing jobs that they get paid for as well right?
Old 06-18-2017, 09:09 PM   #75
Tcoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRoops View Post
Don't encourage me or I'll keep Goering.
Don't go to much fuhrer or you will end up going straight to heil.
Although when it comes to puns this crowd usually Goebbels them up.
TheRoops (06-19-2017)
Old 06-18-2017, 09:25 PM   #76
winstonscifi

Drives: 2015 Firestorm Red Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
You say you're angry about this rule. Actually, it's a pretty good rule. The angled parking was developed for a reason - backing up is very dangerous. So the angled parking was developed to lessen the danger. When someone backs into an angled parking spot, it doubles the danger. You can say what you want about the MAN making rules to take away your freedom (or some kind of silly reasoning about conspiracy to make more money - the placement of a fire hydrant) you really worry me about your anger management issues. Do you drive around and work yourself up about why road signs are placed where they are, or why the speed limit is set where it is on a particular stretch of road? I think it's time for you to lighten up a little, or seek professional help. There I go - being very abrupt again!
winstonscifi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 03:10 AM   #77
BULLITT

Drives: Toyota GT86 (2015)
Quote:
You realize tat they all are doing jobs that they get paid for as well right?
Well, same can be said for the personel at Nazi concentration camps. They were just following the law, doing as they were told and getting paid in the process.

They were just doing the Reich thing, right?
BULLITT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 03:56 AM   #78
pfaffendorn

Drives: 2014 ssm BRZ Limited 6M
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by winstonscifi View Post
You say you're angry about this rule. Actually, it's a pretty good rule. The angled parking was developed for a reason - backing up is very dangerous. So the angled parking was developed to lessen the danger. When someone backs into an angled parking spot, it doubles the danger. You can say what you want about the MAN making rules to take away your freedom (or some kind of silly reasoning about conspiracy to make more money - the placement of a fire hydrant) you really worry me about your anger management issues. Do you drive around and work yourself up about why road signs are placed where they are, or why the speed limit is set where it is on a particular stretch of road? I think it's time for you to lighten up a little, or seek professional help. There I go - being very abrupt again!
Unless SOCE is just trolling us, it sounds like he resents, more than this particular rule, the way bureaucrats seek to establish what he must do to be a good citizen, and ding him for not conforming. And if the rationale for a particular rule is suspect, even after your splendid apology for it, then the whole suit of good citizen clothes he is expected to wear begins to chafe.

Now, I have earned myself a rep for making statements which seem to me clear and fair, but may lack the warm fuzzies of deference to other people's views. But here I'm the other person as I read "some kind of silly reasoning..." The bureaucratic apparatus is rife with unfair rules which rile us, from the ones about property seizure without due process and unjustifiable detainment, to the water bill which overcharges you for "estimated" usage and then corrects itself next month by billing for "zero" usage which costs $9.50 for "handling." Talk about "silly reasoning." No wonder so many of us are ready to fly off the handle. If you got a ticket for running a stop sign which has been obliterated by kudzu all summer, you'd do a slow burn at the "officer" who hides behind the sign every day, wouldn't you?

Anyway, all the good Hitler puns have been trotted out, so I'll just slip out the side door with a murmured 'fwiederseh'n for now, hoping that we can start talking about cars again.

Last edited by pfaffendorn; 06-19-2017 at 04:51 AM.
pfaffendorn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pfaffendorn For This Useful Post:
Tcoat (06-19-2017), winstonscifi (06-19-2017)
Old 06-19-2017, 06:14 AM   #79
Tcoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by BULLITT View Post
Well, same can be said for the personel at Nazi concentration camps. They were just following the law, doing as they were told and getting paid in the process.

They were just doing the Reich thing, right?
Really you are comparing some guy giving tickets for parking to .... ah never mind I give up.
Waste of time.

Everybody just do as they please.
winstonscifi (06-19-2017)
Old 06-19-2017, 08:51 AM   #80
winstonscifi

Drives: 2015 Firestorm Red Scion FR-S
Quote:
Originally Posted by pfaffendorn View Post

Now, I have earned myself a rep for making statements which seem to me clear and fair, but may lack the warm fuzzies of deference to other people's views. But here I'm the other person as I read "some kind of silly reasoning..." The bureaucratic apparatus is rife with unfair rules which rile us, from the ones about property seizure without due process and unjustifiable detainment, to the water bill which overcharges you for "estimated" usage and then corrects itself next month by billing for "zero" usage which costs $9.50 for "handling." Talk about "silly reasoning." No wonder so many of us are ready to fly off the handle. If you got a ticket for running a stop sign which has been obliterated by kudzu all summer, you'd do a slow burn at the "officer" who hides behind the sign every day, wouldn't you?

Very true - I stand corrected. Sometimes I don't think things out completely too. However, I do still think he's getting way too worked up. Why all the violence? By the way - I like the little "beer" emoji. Are those Molson Goldens?
winstonscifi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to winstonscifi For This Useful Post:
pfaffendorn (06-20-2017), Tcoat (06-19-2017)
Old 06-19-2017, 12:21 PM   #81
TheRoops

Drives: 2015 Subaru BRZ Series.Blue
To be fair, I did parking enforcement in college and exercised my own discretion at times. It's a weird world. Some of the other people would ticket everyone they could, mainly in some power trip mode. People who worked on my shift loved working with me because we weren't getting extra compensation for volume or anything and we hated the system to begin with.
TheRoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 12:46 PM   #82
StraightOuttaCanadaEh
Wes

Drives: Artisan Spirits '17 86
Thanked 1,674 Times in 994 Posts
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRoops View Post
To be fair, I did parking enforcement in college and exercised my own discretion at times. It's a weird world. Some of the other people would ticket everyone they could, mainly in some power trip mode. People who worked on my shift loved working with me because we weren't getting extra compensation for volume or anything and we hated the system to begin with.
Finally someone with respect and consideration for their fellow man!
StraightOuttaCanadaEh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to StraightOuttaCanadaEh For This Useful Post:
TheRoops (06-19-2017)
Old 06-19-2017, 01:31 PM   #83
ejasons

Drives: 2017 White BRZ Premium
Plus, if we're going to be talking about "rules", the "rule" is that they have to fill out the ticket properly. If they don't follow the rule, they don't get money...
ejasons is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ejasons For This Useful Post:
EdBoy (06-20-2017), Moooiiissst (06-19-2017), Tcoat (06-19-2017), TheRoops (06-19-2017)
Old 06-19-2017, 01:32 PM   #84
Tcoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejasons View Post
Plus, if we're going to be talking about "rules", the "rule" is that they have to fill out the ticket properly. If they don't follow the rule, they don't get money...
There is that valid point yes!