follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Engine, Exhaust, Transmission

Engine, Exhaust, Transmission Discuss the FR-S | 86 | BRZ engine, exhaust and drivetrain.

User Tag List

Old 07-10-2012, 10:13 PM   #29
Innova

Drives: 2013 BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I just received this exhaust in the mail. Excelent quality, easy to install (don't even have to lift the car) and sounds just great. The tips are larger then they look in the pictures but not too big. I can't even imagine how silly and huge the tips look on exhausts like the HKS. I am very happy with the product! Great job Nameless.
Innova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 10:15 AM   #30
ayau

Drives: Some rust bucket
Thanked 1,045 Times in 556 Posts
Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
are these exhausts 100% fabricated in house? do you contract them to a muffler shop to make?
ayau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 10:28 AM   #31
7thgear
i'm sorry, what?

Drives: Canada
Location: I rock a beat harder than you can beat it with rocks
Thanked 2,506 Times in 1,268 Posts
Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
again i beg forgiveness if this has been answered in one of the many posts

But are there dyno graphs of the entire system

Header + full exhaust + track pipe, WITH a proper tune?

Also curious as to how it might look in conjunction with Perrin's intake and tuning efforts.
Old 07-13-2012, 10:43 AM   #32
Dimman
Kuruma Otaku

Drives: Mk3 Supra with Semi-built 7MGTE
Thanked 2,265 Times in 1,234 Posts
Mentioned: 78 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7thgear View Post

Also curious as to how it might look in conjunction with Perrin's intake and tuning efforts.
Maybe a single thread is in order to organize the info a little better, too. Following which mods were on for the gains is a little tough. I don't think there is one with the headers, exhaust and track pipe, that I can think of...

They mentioned in one of the other threads they will be getting a tuning solution soon, and are working on their own intake as well.

Because titanium.
Dimman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dimman For This Useful Post:
7thgear (07-13-2012), ForReal-Someday (07-13-2012)
Old 07-13-2012, 10:44 AM   #33
ForReal-Someday

Drives: Company Vehicle
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:

They have shown some dyno graphs of the full system, but I believe they are still waiting on being able to do a tune. As I understand it, the only system that's close to market is ECU Tek, and they have only sent it out to a few shops so far.

If I recall correctly Nameless is seeing approximately 15whp gains for the whole system, but they are running into an issue where the stock ECU is limiting their gains, as some of their individual pieces are able to gain almost 15 hp on their own.

I'm very excited to see what they can do now that they have their own car to do some full time development on.
ForReal-Someday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 10:49 AM   #34
7thgear
i'm sorry, what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimman View Post
Maybe a single thread is in order to organize the info a little better, too. Following which mods were on for the gains is a little tough. I don't think there is one with the headers, exhaust and track pipe, that I can think of...

They mentioned in one of the other threads they will be getting a tuning solution soon, and are working on their own intake as well.
+1

a new, consolidated thread would be excellent.

also i'm quite interested in a half-way solution between a track pipe and something with a muffler

my question is that why force the two muffler system? I know that the bumper has holes for two tips... but for those of us looking for 100% performance over looks, I'll gladly settle for just a single tip.
Old 07-13-2012, 10:54 AM   #35
blu_

Drives: SWP BRZ LTD
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Most people site noise as the reason, but I do agree with you. I am suprised no one has made one, especially considering how much people will be focusing on weight.
blu_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 11:02 AM   #36
dabocx

Drives: Scion FRS
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
+1

a new, consolidated thread would be excellent.

also i'm quite interested in a half-way solution between a track pipe and something with a muffler

my question is that why force the two muffler system? I know that the bumper has holes for two tips... but for those of us looking for 100% performance over looks, I'll gladly settle for just a single tip.
If you call they will gladly weld a muffler onto the track pipe.
dabocx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 11:17 AM   #37
7thgear
i'm sorry, what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabocx View Post
If you call they will gladly weld a muffler onto the track pipe.
well i don't want them to just weld stuff on other stuff, i mean i'd like to see numbers

it would have to be one tiny muffler
Old 07-13-2012, 04:51 PM   #38
Tainen

Drives: First SWP BRZ-L
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Answering a couple questions...

Axleback made 3whp, downpipe+axleback makes 11whp, and headers+everything else makes 20whp. There are graphs published for all the parts in various threads (check the for sale forums, you'll see them for specific parts- like the downpipe preorder thread, which is now available for ordering) or for the headers, check the header development thread in this forum (along with dyno graphs of all the parts combined like this: http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showp...&postcount=400).
axleback thread in the FS forum: http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7049

Everything is hand made in La Center WA at Nameless, and everything is sourced within the US except for the tips on the axleback.

And yes they have expressed a deep interest in doing a few more designs such as single exit muffled, dual exit no mufflers, dual exit smaller mufflers, and suitcase muffler dual exit.

If they throw a muffler on the track pipe, it'd make roughly the same power- their mufflers are not baffled/restricted design. They'd probably use a 4" custom muffler to get it to fit correctly, I would imagine.

My car was the development car for these parts, so if you have questions on fit, finish, feel, sound, or anything like that, I can answer. but for manufacturing questions, we'll haveto let Jason from Nameless chime in
The Following User Says Thank You to Tainen For This Useful Post:
ayau (07-16-2012)
Old 07-16-2012, 04:11 PM   #39
ayau

tainen, thanks for the feedback.

from a weight perspective, would a suitcase + dual pipes weigh more than the current axleback design?
Old 07-16-2012, 04:16 PM   #40
Tainen

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayau View Post
tainen, thanks for the feedback.

from a weight perspective, would a suitcase + dual pipes weigh more than the current axleback design?

hmm... from looking at some other suitcase designs, I'm guessing it might be roughly 2 pounds heavier. But pretty much all of the suitcase mufflers are not 304ss, they are 409ss(don't believe everything those other threads say... if you call up the suppliers directly and ask, they will admit it is 409ss after enough harassment. Even most of the hangars are not 304ss on most all the systems. If it says Vibrant hangars, it's 409)- so they don't have the longevity that the nameless custom mufflers do. I think Borla might be doing one in 304ss though, so maybe Nameless will go that route for their suitcase design. If they do end up going with the 409ss muffler, they will probably coat it to bring the longevity back up.
Old 07-16-2012, 04:22 PM   #41
ayau

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tainen View Post
hmm... from looking at some other suitcase designs, I'm guessing it might be roughly 2 pounds heavier. But pretty much all of the suitcase mufflers are not 304ss, they are 409ss(don't believe everything those other threads say... if you call up the suppliers directly and ask, they will admit it is 409ss after enough harassment. Even most of the hangars are not 304ss on most all the systems. If it says Vibrant hangars, it's 409)- so they don't have the longevity that the nameless custom mufflers do. I think Borla might be doing one in 304ss though, so maybe Nameless will go that route for their suitcase design. If they do end up going with the 409ss muffler, they will probably coat it to bring the longevity back up.
got it. so the current nameless axleback design is made with 304ss?
Old 07-16-2012, 04:27 PM   #42
Tainen

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayau View Post
got it. so the current nameless axleback design is made with 304ss?

yep, 100% 304SS. Hangars, mufflers, everything.

304ss will still rust, but it'll take a lotttttt longer than 409ss will. I know people are tempted to go with some of those other systems, but... a year from now, when we start seeing people posting pictures of their rusty exhausts, the nameless customers will be very glad of their purchase. Funny enough, the nameless stuff is a lot cheaper some of those other systems (and makes more power).

Edit: Just did some searching and found in the Civic crowd, people have seen Vibrant and other 409ss exhaust parts rusting after only one month. wow... maybe we'll start seeing those threads sooner than I thought
The Following User Says Thank You to Tainen For This Useful Post:
ATL BRZ (07-16-2012)