follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Mechanical Maintenance (Oil, Fluids, Break-In, Servicing)

Mechanical Maintenance (Oil, Fluids, Break-In, Servicing) Everything related to the mechanical maintenance of the FR-S and BRZ

User Tag List

Old 01-24-2017, 10:54 AM   #15
JazzleSAURUS

Drives: 15 BRZ LTD, 05 FXT
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonojordan View Post
good to know. Other people that I had talked to had said they were overated and over priced. Don't know if that was just their opinions or if they had practical experience with them.
Overrated and overpriced does not mirror my experiences with them.

The one in my Forester XT has been in there for three years, (we see -14f a few times in the winter,) and actually ran the car for 20 miles when my alternator failed. Charged it up that night, and it started fine when I got a replacement.

It is my opinion and experience that they are very high quality batteries.
SOLD: 2015 WRB BRZ Limited ('02 WRX BBS, S-04's, Stoptech Sport pads, MXP SP, AVO drop in filter, Mishimoto Intake tube, decatted header, OFT 93 Stage 2 EL Tune, Kartboy rear shifter bushing, Whiteline transmission and subframe lockout bushings, ST Coilovers, SPC Camber bolts w/smaller crash bolt, SPC LCA's & SPC Toe Arm bushings, Red TOMs, TRD Wing.)
JazzleSAURUS is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JazzleSAURUS For This Useful Post:
jasonojordan (01-24-2017)
Old 01-24-2017, 12:47 PM   #16
wrh3
billswebspace.com

Drives: 2017 Alfa 4C, 2019 Fiat 124 Abarth
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I'll be buying the Odyssey battery (35-PC1400T) when our OE battery dies.....maybe not long since the car sat on the lot for a while and I am sure has been completely discharged a few times.

I have used Odyssey batteries since the Optima became junk, the first Odyssey battery I owned was in 4 different cars and ~8 years old when I just left it in the last car when it was sold. The critical thing with the Odyssey batteries is that you have to get the Odyssey specific charger, a regular charger is not optimal......no big deal since all of our cars have or are on their way to an Odyssey battery.

I would not agree with the overpriced or overrated statement either
The Following User Says Thank You to wrh3 For This Useful Post:
jasonojordan (01-25-2017)
Old 01-24-2017, 05:55 PM   #17
Anthony
Weight Nazi

Drives: 13 FRS -399lb, 11 335is, 05 Tiburon
Thanked 3,712 Times in 1,765 Posts
Mentioned: 150 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Impureclient View Post
Serious question, why do people in here still buy from ft86speedfactory.com when their prices are almost double of what you can get something elsewhere?
I've bought from just about all the big 86 shops. Their prices seem the same as everywhere else, but even if they were a bit more expensive, their service is absolutely top notch, their shipping is super quick, and I've met Jeremy in person, and I was very pleased with his personality. Definitely someone I'm happy to support and would recommend to others.

Build Thread | The Venus Project | Any car which holds together for a whole race is too heavy.
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Anthony For This Useful Post:
jcw99 (01-24-2017)
Old 01-24-2017, 06:15 PM   #18
Impureclient
Banned

Drives: 2015 FR-S
Thanked 2,903 Times in 1,282 Posts
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonojordan View Post
I've never bought anything from them but when I have looked also they have always been close in price though. Have some examples in mind where they have been really out of line?
The battery that was linked to in here that made me question the prices of that site:

$265.99 http://www.ft86speedfactory.com/ft-8...l#.WIfco1MrKUm

$148.00 http://www.tirerack.com/accessories/...170124230318:s

I've done research on several items and they most always come up first on a Google search for the item but are always the higher price.
Just looked up Enkei RPF1, EIBACH PRO springs, and CUSCO 4.556 FINAL DRIVE GEAR in there, same result. Of course a Weir FD is like 1/4
the price they are selling the Cusco one but that isn't apples and apples. The results are always more expensive items that are equivalent
or the same exact thing for more $. Customer service is worth something but not almost 2x the price in the case of the battery in question.
Impureclient is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Impureclient For This Useful Post:
jasonojordan (01-25-2017)