follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Off-Topic Discussions > Other Vehicles & General Automotive Discussions

Other Vehicles & General Automotive Discussions Discuss all other cars and automotive news here.

User Tag List

Old 12-14-2015, 06:30 PM   #43
Deep Six

Drives: 2013 FRS / 2013 427 Vert
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by funwheeldrive View Post
Wouldn't the Viper and Z06 have the upper hand at most tracks?

Yes, no other production vehicles can compete with the lap time / $ ratio that these two deliver........ provided its less than 90 outside regarding the Z
2013 FR-S Asphalt BC Coils/Rev Works UEL header/HKS Front Pipe/Racing Brake BBK/Shorai LW Battery/ACT 6 Puck Clutch/FBM Radiator & Oil Pan/JR Oil Cooler/Jackson Racing High Boost C30/Rev Works Built Motor
2016 Audi TTS APR Tuned
Deep Six is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Deep Six For This Useful Post:
funwheeldrive (12-14-2015)
Old 12-14-2015, 06:30 PM   #44
tennisfreak

Drives: 2018 BMW M240i
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by itwillboost View Post
Nothing on the market sub 100k competes with the new 350R. All cars have advanced and the market is a lot higher quality then in the past, but Ford is running away with it.
Please explain why you would believe this?

Also please quantify with verifiable facts, track times, etc......

I can name several cars that would hand the 350R its butt.

Its a fine car but your statement is stretching it too far, way too far.
tennisfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to tennisfreak For This Useful Post:
Summerwolf (12-15-2015)
Old 12-15-2015, 10:04 AM   #45
Model Citizen
Lacking brains

Drives: frz
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Re: vette vs pony car usability.

The pony car back seats are imaginary. Like the 86 ones.

I have a salvage c5 vette. Its awesome. Simply because its 100% no fucks given vette

Haul the dogs in it, tires, Autox, track, whatever. No need for pretenses or keeping nice.

Just enjoy.
Model Citizen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 10:14 AM   #46
BRZZZZZZZZZZ
Car Nut

Drives: BMW 335d, Toyota Echo RS, FRS
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Model Citizen View Post

I have a salvage c5 vette. Its awesome. Simply because its 100% no fucks given vette

Haul the dogs in it, tires, Autox, track, whatever. No need for pretenses or keeping nice.

Just enjoy.
+1 for no fucks given sports cars, paid only $12k CAD for my S2000 and wasn't particularly upset when I cracked the bumper and tore out the fender liner on a cold auto x day smashing cones.

Cars are meant to be driven.
BRZZZZZZZZZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to BRZZZZZZZZZZ For This Useful Post:
Tcoat (12-15-2015)
Old 12-15-2015, 11:32 AM   #47
DarkSunrise

Drives: 22 BRZ (Previously 13 FR-S)
Thanked 4,242 Times in 2,220 Posts
Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Quote:

Just enjoy.
The GT350R comes with a rear seat delete standard, so yeah it's literally non-existent.

BTW how in the world are you hauling tires in your C5 Vette? The only way I could think of is on top of it, something like this maybe:

2022 BRZ Build
2013 FR-S Build
DarkSunrise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 01:21 PM   #48
RichardsFRS

Drives: 2013 Pearl White 6MT
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Well rounded for what they are built for. Mustangs camaris and vettes aren't marketed for soccer games. They aren't made to haul dogs but you can. They were designed to perform. And IMO Vette will run performance circles around both of them and for a little more than a GT and way less than a z28.
RichardsFRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 04:14 PM   #49
WolfpackS2k

Drives: '12 C63 P31, '23 GRC
Thanked 2,074 Times in 1,186 Posts
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by itwillboost View Post
Nothing on the market sub 100k competes with the new 350R. All cars have advanced and the market is a lot higher quality then in the past, but Ford is running away with it.
A Corvette Stingray Z51 is faster around a race track. So I'm gonna say that statement is incorrect. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if a base Stingray with no options is faster as well.
Old 12-15-2015, 08:52 PM   #50
Model Citizen
Lacking brains

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkSunrise View Post
The GT350R comes with a rear seat delete standard, so yeah it's literally non-existent.

BTW how in the world are you hauling tires in your C5 Vette? The only way I could think of is on top of it, something like this maybe:

i've fit a set of 225/45/17 being sold, a set of something else similar, and once after an autox fit my gear and picked up a set of 245/40/17 from a friends place on my way home.

basically 3 in the rear and one in passenger seat.

in general for day to day use the vette has been a revelation with how practical it actually ends up being.

one day i should for shits and giggles try fit a set of my square 18x10.5 with 305 tires, then my hf jack, tools and inflator on passenger floor.

car is at a crossroads of keeping road usable or turning into dedicated trailered track car.

given the sheer uselessness of the 86 rear seats honestly the vette functions equivalently as a dd to one.

c7z keeps on calling to me, but right now I(we) pretty well covered on cars with an ss sedan, mk7 golf r, str prepped nc miata and the c5, plus work truck/tow rig.
Old 12-15-2015, 08:58 PM   #51
Model Citizen
Lacking brains

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRZZZZZZZZZZ View Post
+1 for no fucks given sports cars, paid only $12k CAD for my S2000 and wasn't particularly upset when I cracked the bumper and tore out the fender liner on a cold auto x day smashing cones.

Cars are meant to be driven.
exactly sir

when you hit a dirt road, and instead of turning around to keep dust off the bi weekly wax job instead turn off the tc and kick it around.

thats when a vette or any toy car is the most fun.
Old 12-15-2015, 10:30 PM   #52
DarkSunrise

Drives: 22 BRZ (Previously 13 FR-S)
Thanked 4,242 Times in 2,220 Posts
Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Quote:
i've fit a set of 225/45/17 being sold, a set of something else similar, and once after an autox fit my gear and picked up a set of 245/40/17 from a friends place on my way home.

basically 3 in the rear and one in passenger seat.

in general for day to day use the vette has been a revelation with how practical it actually ends up being.

one day i should for shits and giggles try fit a set of my square 18x10.5 with 305 tires, then my hf jack, tools and inflator on passenger floor.

car is at a crossroads of keeping road usable or turning into dedicated trailered track car.

given the sheer uselessness of the 86 rear seats honestly the vette functions equivalently as a dd to one.

c7z keeps on calling to me, but right now I(we) pretty well covered on cars with an ss sedan, mk7 golf r, str prepped nc miata and the c5, plus work truck/tow rig.
I always felt the Vette's cargo area was more useful than most sports cars, but wow from your post, the Vette fits more inside than I was expecting. If you can fit your square 305 setup, I'd be seriously impressed.

I didn't think the FR-S rear seats would ever be useful other than for storage space, but I have actually given rides to friends a few times so they've been unexpectedly useful. It's not comfortable, but works in a pinch.

2022 BRZ Build
2013 FR-S Build
DarkSunrise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 10:37 PM   #53
Model Citizen
Lacking brains

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkSunrise View Post
I always felt the Vette's cargo area was more useful than most sports cars, but wow from your post, the Vette fits more inside than I was expecting. If you can fit your square 305 setup, I'd be seriously impressed.

I didn't think the FR-S rear seats would ever be useful other than for storage space, but I have actually given rides to friends a few times so they've been unexpectedly useful. It's not comfortable, but works in a pinch.
My frs seats rear seats were yanked, built a storage box wrapped in sub fabric. Did it with a 2 door gti once a number of years ago too. So much more useful than the seats.

Long as i can fit one of the tires flat near the rear of the hatch the 305 set may be doable in the vette. Will be close, but theres a chance.

Its stored in the trailer for winter sadly wont have my set of hoosiers anywhere near it till spring.
Old 12-16-2015, 07:07 PM   #54
itwillboost
35r + 35r = 70rr ?

Drives: Subaru BRZ Time Attack S13
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisfreak View Post
Please explain why you would believe this?

Also please quantify with verifiable facts, track times, etc......

I can name several cars that would hand the 350R its butt.

Its a fine car but your statement is stretching it too far, way too far.
Please name the 7 away. Fyi I have already driven these along with the Z06 so I am curious to what other 5 sub 100k you are putting with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by funwheeldrive View Post
Wouldn't the Viper and Z06 have the upper hand at most tracks?
I love the T/A, it broke down on my buddy every 200 to 300 miles. The Viper also looks amazing truthfully I would love an ACR if it wasn't for reliability reasons. The Z06 is going to cost 100k. Looking at one with the Z51 pkg will be slower and still more than the 350r in terms of price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRZZZZZZZZZZ View Post
Compete with it for what?
Track, road course, or time attack. This Mustang is not made for drag racing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfpackS2k View Post
A Corvette Stingray Z51 is faster around a race track. So I'm gonna say that statement is incorrect. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if a base Stingray with no options is faster as well.
Please double check your numbers because only the c7 Z06 not the base stingray is faster.
itwillboost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2015, 07:49 PM   #55
Deep Six

Drives: 2013 FRS / 2013 427 Vert
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfpackS2k View Post

You have seen something to document this statement? Based on lighting lap, the Z28 was 3 seconds faster than the Z51 as they roll off the factory floor. I would think switching from PSS to Trofeo's would even them up but that wouldn't be stock any more. All three of these cars are about even along with some expensive German and Japanese hardware as well.

Frankly, if you want some crazy fast, repeatable laps get the Z28 and go heads, cam and tune for 600+ at the wheels.
2013 FR-S Asphalt BC Coils/Rev Works UEL header/HKS Front Pipe/Racing Brake BBK/Shorai LW Battery/ACT 6 Puck Clutch/FBM Radiator & Oil Pan/JR Oil Cooler/Jackson Racing High Boost C30/Rev Works Built Motor
2016 Audi TTS APR Tuned
Deep Six is offline   Reply With Quote