follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > NY / NJ / CT / PA

NY / NJ / CT / PA NY, NJ, CT, PA

User Tag List

Old 11-02-2013, 02:32 AM   #99
iamdaspoon

Drives: 2015 Subaru WRX
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZionsWrath View Post
Have you seen me? I'm foreveralone here it seems in yonkers...
I've seen 1 red brz & frs, and one white frs, but other than that I haven't seen anyone in Yonkers or all of Westchester in general. What part of YO you in?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
iamdaspoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 02:41 AM   #100
ZionsWrath
Thanks

Drives: BRZ
Thanked 3,100 Times in 1,498 Posts
Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
I have a silver BRZ.

I live off exit one on the bronx river, right where the bronx river splits into the sprain
ZionsWrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 02:43 AM   #101
iamdaspoon

Quote:
I have a silver BRZ.

I live off exit one on the bronx river, right where the bronx river splits into the sprain
I also have a Silver Brz, Limited, I live around the library on Central and Tuckahoe

The Following User Says Thank You to iamdaspoon For This Useful Post:
ZionsWrath (11-02-2013)
Old 11-02-2013, 02:55 AM   #102
ZionsWrath
Thanks

lol so close wtf. I have premium with limited spoiler. Maybe see you one day.

I work at night in queens so I think that's why I never see anyone...
ZionsWrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 02:59 AM   #103
iamdaspoon

Yeah I'm sure we'll run into one another soon enough

Old 11-03-2014, 11:12 AM   #104
MoarGeesPlease

Drives: 2013 BRZ Limited SWP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Not sure if I'll be bringing this thread back from the dead or speaking to deaf ears, but I'm shopping for BRZ's at the moment. New or used, if you guys know of any in or near the area I'm down for looking. Currently shopping at dealerships, found some good ones so far. Needs to be a manual, and prefer some colors over others. Recommendations/names/feedback appreciated.

A little about me, I just moved to the area 2 mo's ago from central Jersey, sold my car to a friend recently and am sharing the wife's Jetta. Working just outside of White Plains. Look forward to meeting some members, and anyone who sees the joy of RWD in the snow.

-Jeff

13 BRZ -
03.5 Mazda Protege5 - Sold
97 Acura Integra LS - R.I.P.
MoarGeesPlease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 07:01 PM   #105
gravitylover

Drives: 2013 BRZ Premium 6MT White
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Hey guys, I'm the new kid on the block. Just picked up my BRZ 6mt last night after getting thoroughly bored with my Crosstrek. Boy, talk about polar opposites I live in Mahopac but if you go to the end of my block you're in Somers so I figure this thread is close enough to home for me. You'll see me driving through the entire county everyday on the way to work in Soho so say hey when you see this passing you

Hey does anybody know a good, local alloy wheel refinisher? The old wheels from my Outback need some work so I can put snows on them for this winter.
gravitylover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 10:45 AM   #106
MoarGeesPlease

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoarGeesPlease View Post
Not sure if I'll be bringing this thread back from the dead or speaking to deaf ears, but I'm shopping for BRZ's at the moment. New or used, if you guys know of any in or near the area I'm down for looking. Currently shopping at dealerships, found some good ones so far. Needs to be a manual, and prefer some colors over others. Recommendations/names/feedback appreciated.

A little about me, I just moved to the area 2 mo's ago from central Jersey, sold my car to a friend recently and am sharing the wife's Jetta. Working just outside of White Plains. Look forward to meeting some members, and anyone who sees the joy of RWD in the snow.

-Jeff
Found one! Put my money down on a new White BRZ Limited out of Queens yesterday. Interesting story, it's a 2013 that didn't sell. Hopefully a great day too. Picking it up Monday, will post some pics then.
@gravitylover - Congrats! I make my way up to Somers for work every once in a while, and will let you know if I spot ya.

13 BRZ -
Old 11-09-2014, 10:53 AM   #107
ZionsWrath
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoarGeesPlease View Post
Found one! Put my money down on a new White BRZ Limited out of Queens yesterday. Interesting story, it's a 2013 that didn't sell. Hopefully a great day too. Picking it up Monday, will post some pics then.
@gravitylover - Congrats! I make my way up to Somers for work every once in a while, and will let you know if I spot ya.
Probably because they tried to mark up the shit out of it. Hope they aren't ripping you on the 2+ year old car. If it's a first shipemt its about 2.5 years old now and probably without even an oil change or anything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
Hey guys, I'm the new kid on the block. Just picked up my BRZ 6mt last night after getting thoroughly bored with my Crosstrek. Boy, talk about polar opposites I live in Mahopac but if you go to the end of my block you're in Somers so I figure this thread is close enough to home for me. You'll see me driving through the entire county everyday on the way to work in Soho so say hey when you see this passing you

Hey does anybody know a good, local alloy wheel refinisher? The old wheels from my Outback need some work so I can put snows on them for this winter.
See a stock BRZ with dealer decal?

JK, hope you get to modding soon. I don't even look twice at stock ones since most of the modded ones don't seem to post on here.

Mine will be parked most of winter, but don't think I don't drive it, its a first shipment 2013 with 34k

See you around
Old 11-09-2014, 04:37 PM   #108
MoarGeesPlease

Quote:
Probably because they tried to mark up the shit out of it. Hope they aren't ripping you on the 2+ year old car. If it's a first shipemt its about 2.5 years old now and probably without even an oil change or anything.
Definitely had my doubts going into it and asked about lemon, etc. Dealer confessed it had been sold once but was never delivered when the guy ran into payment and family problems. They say it came with the 2014's as a late shipment, but I forgot to look at the tags for the manufacture date before leaving. Wonder if my VIN can help me find that out...
[Edit:] looks like my VIN says I'm about #11,000 range of production...specific to 2013 I think. No recalls on my.subaru and still can't tell manuf. date

Regarding the oil, I agree. I'll be having a conversation with the service manager before I pick it up and ask for a change. It's got 30 miles on it, but the same oil has been in there at least a year and is due. From everything I've read on the forum here, sounds like it's just a regular synthetic oil currently inside.

13 BRZ -

Last edited by MoarGeesPlease; 11-09-2014 at 05:46 PM. Reason: Researched VIN and updated
Old 11-11-2014, 02:45 PM   #109
gravitylover

Quote:
See a stock BRZ with dealer decal?

JK, hope you get to modding soon. I don't even look twice at stock ones since most of the modded ones don't seem to post on here.

Mine will be parked most of winter, but don't think I don't drive it, its a first shipment 2013 with 34k

See you around
blah blah dealer sticker, you're a funny guy That was only a few hours after I got it. Rear end is debadged now and gunmetal grey 6 spoke wheels are going on with the winter tires in a few days. The other "mod" you'll see on it soon will be a hitch so I can transport my fatbike.

Last night on the Taconic going north through Pleasantville a white FRS came zipping up behind me, jumped in front of me in the left lane tight enough to make me hit the brakes, flashed his lights and zipped back across three lanes to the right lane and took off. Genius...
Old 11-11-2014, 02:59 PM   #110
gravitylover

Oh yeah about those winter tires, I want to get them road force balanced and the local shop that has that balancer in Mahopac is $90 for 4. Anybody around here do it for less?

Last edited by gravitylover; 11-11-2014 at 08:00 PM.
Old 11-11-2014, 06:51 PM   #111
MoarGeesPlease

How different does the feel between the "Road Force" balance and any other balance work? Never had many issues with either. Sucks about the White FR-S, wasn't me lol.

Picked mine up yesterday and am breaking it in:

New oil, put on about 200 miles in the past day. This thing is zippy fast and so buttoned down, I love it. Even getting thumbs up from BMW coupe douches on the NJ turnpike!

There's a silver BRZ often parked on the street in the photo above, anybody's here?

13 BRZ -
Old 11-11-2014, 08:02 PM   #112
gravitylover

No but like you mentioned, "buttoned down," I bet if you were ever going to feel it this would be the car you'd feel it in.