follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Software Tuning

Software Tuning Discuss all software tuning topics.

User Tag List

Old 06-06-2023, 11:12 PM   #323
AussieBRZ

Drives: WRB BRZ
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chas3wba0 View Post
Question: if I already have the flexfuel kit (custom tuned for turbo) installed and then I decide to upgrade headers, does that require a re-tune at both 91 and e85? Or will simply updating the tune at e85 suffice?

If header was already catless then it's likely ok it may make turbo spool a little different and possibly hit boost limiter but unlikely just log data and check but should be fine
AussieBRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to AussieBRZ For This Useful Post:
chas3wba0 (06-07-2023)
Old 06-07-2023, 02:15 PM   #324
chas3wba0

Drives: Yes
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieBRZ View Post
If header was already catless then it's likely ok it may make turbo spool a little different and possibly hit boost limiter but unlikely just log data and check but should be fine

It was actually the stock catted header before, and now it's an aftermarket UEL catted header. Definitely spools differently and the gains have shifted toward the higher RPM end. Amazing on E85, and 91 feels like shiite by comparison (which is expected).

Just wondering if there would be any benefit to re-tuning specifically at 91 but my tuner said as long as they adjusted the tune on E85, the rest scales automatically based on ethanol content level.
Old 06-07-2023, 07:53 PM   #325
AussieBRZ

Drives: WRB BRZ
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chas3wba0 View Post
It was actually the stock catted header before, and now it's an aftermarket UEL catted header. Definitely spools differently and the gains have shifted toward the higher RPM end. Amazing on E85, and 91 feels like shiite by comparison (which is expected).

Just wondering if there would be any benefit to re-tuning specifically at 91 but my tuner said as long as they adjusted the tune on E85, the rest scales automatically based on ethanol content level.

Yes unlikely anything with fueling will change tune will still target same afr and timeing dependant on load and boost

The catless header will generally increase spool and in some cases could create a possible boost increase or overboost situation. Deliceous tunes will have an overboost safety if that's not tripping it should be fine but the only real way to tell would be to log ECU data check for any knock and confirm afr is ok.The E85 flex kit will work as normal
AussieBRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to AussieBRZ For This Useful Post:
chas3wba0 (06-09-2023)
Old 06-21-2023, 05:20 PM   #326
DeliciousTuning
PhoneFlash by EcuTeK

Drives: Edelbrock Equipped - Subaru BRZ
Thanked 1,682 Times in 581 Posts
Mentioned: 403 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by weederr33 View Post
Bumping cuz I noticed my FlexFuel bluetooth will not connect to the App. On my OnePlus, it gave the bluetooth rejected. Then I pulled out a much older phone. Connected to the box, but the app would not connect after several minutes. Wondering if there was an update to the app recently that made it buggy?
Actually going through the testing process with Google Play Store at the moment. Hoping to have the new app on the store by the start of next week. There have a been a slew of new requirements by Google over the past couple years so it has slowed down development massively.

This will resolve a few things.
1. Should work on all Android OS 10.0 and up.
2. Fuel pressure will show the correct value again.
3. More stable bluetooth connection over time.

Cheers,
William
DeliciousTuning is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DeliciousTuning For This Useful Post:
weederr33 (06-21-2023)
Old 06-23-2023, 10:14 AM   #327
B T

Drives: 15 BRZ, 2003 MR2, '70 Elky, 06 TBSS
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
If my bluetooth reads the correct ethanol percentage but the ecu no longer sees a change at the O2 sensor plug, what might be the issues? No tuning changes have happened, the signal just dropped out one day.
Old 06-23-2023, 12:44 PM   #328
FrickingReallySlow

Drives: 2015 FR-S
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by B T View Post
If my bluetooth reads the correct ethanol percentage but the ecu no longer sees a change at the O2 sensor plug, what might be the issues? No tuning changes have happened, the signal just dropped out one day.
Check the connection between Delicious box and O2 connector? that's how your ECU reads it. Could be lose connection/solder connection inside the box or bad connector
FrickingReallySlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2023, 02:08 PM   #329
B T

Drives: 15 BRZ, 2003 MR2, '70 Elky, 06 TBSS
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrickingReallySlow View Post
Check the connection between Delicious box and O2 connector? that's how your ECU reads it. Could be lose connection/solder connection inside the box or bad connector
Tried cleaning the connection, reconnecting all connectors. Ended up ordering a 2nd one just to rule everything out. It went out mid drive.
Old 12-31-2023, 03:47 AM   #330
Mr_Eyo

Drives: 2017 Toyota 86
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeliciousTuning View Post
Actually going through the testing process with Google Play Store at the moment. Hoping to have the new app on the store by the start of next week. There have a been a slew of new requirements by Google over the past couple years so it has slowed down development massively.

This will resolve a few things.
1. Should work on all Android OS 10.0 and up.
2. Fuel pressure will show the correct value again.
3. More stable bluetooth connection over time.

Cheers,
William
It appears that the app doesn't work again with Android 14. I've enabled location services and all permissions for the app on my Pixel 7 and it won't connect from the app, but it would from the phone's bluetooth menu.
Mr_Eyo is offline   Reply With Quote