follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 03-12-2014, 05:55 PM   #309
russv
First 86

Drives: Scion FRS Argento Automatic
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
My local dealer in Northern California has one on their lot with a $2,000 discount. Maybe FR-S not doing so great in North America.

Life is short...NO BORING CARS
russv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 06:50 PM   #310
Jegan_V

Drives: 2023 Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by russv View Post
My local dealer in Northern California has one on their lot with a $2,000 discount. Maybe FR-S not doing so great in North America.
Individual dealers doing discounts is not a sign of a product failing. The F-150s, Sierra/Silverado and Rams see some of the heaviest discounts in the auto business...would you say they're sales failures? Some of those trucks are discounted in the range of $7000-9000. Some dealers can get MSRP on certain cars, other dealers with those same cars can't.
Jegan_V is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jegan_V For This Useful Post:
vh_supra26 (03-12-2014)
Old 03-12-2014, 08:32 PM   #311
vh_supra26
Site Moderator

Drives: Supra
Thanked 2,181 Times in 964 Posts
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
I already posted sales numbers for 2013 on page 13.

FR-S is doing great in North America.

/thread...
vh_supra26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 11:30 PM   #312
regal

Drives: Scion FR-S/Toyota Yaris
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vides990 View Post
And why do you think they can add that level of value you're talking about.......b/c the WRX line is developed from the Imprezas and it keeps cost down during R&D allowing Subaru to increase quality on the WRX....previous statement stands.
Subaru is one company last time a checked. And its not like they are a huge volume seller of anything in the US, compare their whole lineup to the F150.

There just isn't much to this car, half the suspension is shared with the imprezza. The engine or some form of it is to become their base for most models.

We paid at least $8k for the tooling capital and R&D for the chassis, (which is turned out spectacular.)

But especially with Toyota joint venture you would have thought they would have spread that depreciation over many more years. The car could have sold for a lot less, it is very very basic.

So we know the business case must have a quick payback, does that mean its another 4 year Toyota sports car like the last one? History lesson: the MR-S was put together from a long list of on the shelf parts and turned out amazing, but it died after 4 years many believe because of the investment/experimentation with the failed SMT and lack of power.

Mods:
Clear fender side lights
Tactrix ZA1JB01C 2014 Calib
regal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 08:47 AM   #313
HunterGreene
Hail Magnet

Drives: Firestorm FR-S: "Artemis"
Thanked 3,195 Times in 1,633 Posts
Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by russv View Post
And, if it doesn't sell by April, I bet that discount comes off just in time for Spring driving season
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
It has priests in it?
HunterGreene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 09:06 AM   #314
orlandorealtor

Drives: 2014 Scion FRS WHITEOUT
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterGreene View Post
And, if it doesn't sell by April, I bet that discount comes off just in time for Spring driving season
True, My salesman told me that he was able to give me a good discount now(Feb), but in another month the big discounts would be gone.
orlandorealtor is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to orlandorealtor For This Useful Post:
HunterGreene (03-13-2014)
Old 03-13-2014, 09:19 AM   #315
utekineir
blowhard

Drives: frs, project forester
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jegan_V View Post
Individual dealers doing discounts is not a sign of a product failing. The F-150s, Sierra/Silverado and Rams see some of the heaviest discounts in the auto business...would you say they're sales failures? Some of those trucks are discounted in the range of $7000-9000. Some dealers can get MSRP on certain cars, other dealers with those same cars can't.
This,

msrp on a truck is a joke

my work truck had a sticker of about 32k, (13 ram half ton, 4x4, single cab, lowish spec) dealer took in the 25k range.

asking for 25% off msrp on most vehicles would get you laughed out of the dealer, on trucks that sort of discounting is nearly par for the course.
utekineir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 09:26 AM   #316
regal

Drives: Scion FR-S/Toyota Yaris
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by utekineir View Post
This,

my work truck had a sticker of about 32k, (13 ram half ton, 4x4, single cab, lowish spec) dealer took in the 25k range.

asking for 25% off msrp on most vehicles would get you laughed out of the dealer, on trucks that sort of discounting is nearly par for the course.

IMHO they have a lot of room for discounts Toyota can absorb tooling/R7D depreciation), but it could be the excessive warranty work holding the price at invoice.

Mods:
Clear fender side lights
Tactrix ZA1JB01C 2014 Calib
regal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 09:35 PM   #317
Scubaru

Drives: '13 FR-S, '14 RAM 1500, '01 BMW330i
Quote:
This,

Not for Toyota trucks! The higher the trim level the mark up increases a little, but to put it in perspective, our 4wd regular cab Tacomas only have about a $800 dollar markup from invoice, and there's not much to be had from wholesale or dealer hold back either.

Bottom line is we don't need huge discounts to sell our trucks . I've sold quite a few Tacomas at sticker, just because the majority of my Toyota customers know we don't have a lot of mark up in them (not including the ridiculous resale value they bring to the table).
Scubaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 11:01 PM   #318
quasi86

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S m/t Raven
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
The best thing about is Dodge probably still made about 8 to 10k on that truck. Trucks are the biggest money makers for manufacturers.

The real joke is them trying to claim that truck is worth anywhere near 32k. All your doing is falling into their trap of marking up the price knowing the dealership will have to give big discounts to sell them.

The difference with Toyota trucks is they are actually built up to that price on the sticker and their customers know it. That's why they hold value, that's why you don't have repair them like the domestics.

thank you for reading. sent using Tapatalk! (wouldn't want to forget that)
Old 03-13-2014, 11:02 PM   #319
quasi86

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S m/t Raven
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
This,

This is what I was referring too.

thank you for reading. sent using Tapatalk! (wouldn't want to forget that)