follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Guides

DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Guides For all DIYs.

User Tag List

Old 09-14-2015, 09:55 AM   #15
LXXXV1

Drives: 2014 FR-S Monogram, Whiteout 6MT
Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mid_life_crisis View Post
There is a fair amount of current in that connection. Wires should not be left in a condition where they have the potential to move at their contact point like that.
Very fair point...but if you notice the wires are wrapped around a few times creating multiple contact points, and note that it's a very snug fit, allowing little(I say little bc if you pull anything hard enough, you can move it, soldered or not) to no movement what so ever.

This would be a different story if the wires were exposed vs securely snapped into the socket. I've dealt with loose wires on a set of footwell lights I've installed for my brother and learned the lesson there since they were exposed behind the map light housing. Drifting with loose wires is a no lol.

FTR, all my connections have held perfectly fine throughout my drift/track sessions so far. I have done follow ups with every car I've done lighting mods with and they're all still functioning 100% via whatever connection method I did. Lol obviously the first few cars were trial/error with my car being the first guinea pig for everything.

2007 Honda CBR600RR-Pearl White/Silver - Totaled
2014 Scion FR-S Monogram-Whiteout - #LXXXV1 (build)
φφκα
LXXXV1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 01:44 PM   #16
Seabass429

Drives: Scion FRS
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by aegisdrgn View Post
You should put a diode in series with the resistor to prevent backflow to the #5 (red, headlight) when the DRL is on and not the headlights.
Any idea what kind of diode I need to buy for this? I'm not that well versed in electrical components.
Seabass429 is offline   Reply With Quote