follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Suspension | Chassis | Brakes -- Sponsored by 949 Racing

Suspension | Chassis | Brakes -- Sponsored by 949 Racing Relating to suspension, chassis, and brakes. Sponsored by 949 Racing.

User Tag List

Old 06-13-2015, 05:25 PM   #1
astar23

Drives: 2013 Scion Fr-s
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Endlinks Question

I was installing my coilovers today and during the process the nuts were stripped for the endlinks. One is actually still stuck on the OEM strut assembly. I do have new end links that came with my coilover, just waiting on the nuts. Is it safe to drive the car without end links for a few days while I wait for the parts? Of course I'll be driving as carefully as I can and only to and from work(around 5 miles round trip)
astar23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 06:01 PM   #2
Turkish
Serial Cone Killer

Drives: '14 BRZ - WRB Premium 6MT
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Garage
A) Make sure your sway bar is disconnected on the otherside.
B) If it it is the front sway bar, you are going to have significant oversteer, more so if you have a stiffer rear bar from OEM. If it is the rear sway bar, you are going to have a bias towards understeer, but since the car naturally has oversteer, it may be neutral.
C) Just make sure the sway bar is disconnected on both sides. I can't stress this enough.
D) Do not leave the endlink half installed, completely remove it until you have all the nuts you need to install completely.

Do all that and the car should be fine, it just won't handle like you are used to.

... his name is...

C'THULHU
Turkish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 11:14 PM   #3
astar23

Drives: 2013 Scion Fr-s
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkish View Post
A) Make sure your sway bar is disconnected on the otherside.
B) If it it is the front sway bar, you are going to have significant oversteer, more so if you have a stiffer rear bar from OEM. If it is the rear sway bar, you are going to have a bias towards understeer, but since the car naturally has oversteer, it may be neutral.
C) Just make sure the sway bar is disconnected on both sides. I can't stress this enough.
D) Do not leave the endlink half installed, completely remove it until you have all the nuts you need to install completely.

Do all that and the car should be fine, it just won't handle like you are used to.
Yeah I took both endlinks out. You think it would be a good idea to zip tie the sway bar ends so that it doesn't move around?

And thanks for the response!
astar23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 12:32 AM   #4
Turkish
Serial Cone Killer

Drives: '14 BRZ - WRB Premium 6MT
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by astar23 View Post
Yeah I took both endlinks out. You think it would be a good idea to zip tie the sway bar ends so that it doesn't move around?

And thanks for the response!
Probably not a terrible idea. I don't think that it will be a problem, but it would presumably be safer to do something along those lines.

... his name is...

C'THULHU
Turkish is offline   Reply With Quote