follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Software Tuning

Software Tuning Discuss all software tuning topics.

User Tag List

Old 06-25-2017, 03:33 AM   #15
Kodename47

Drives: UK GT86
Thanked 1,629 Times in 1,112 Posts
Mentioned: 155 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve99 View Post
@Kodename47 ran inro same problem with newer version of ecutek its more picky on rom compatability and the range of compatable roms has changes. They also seemed to have removed the ability to force ecutek to write what it thinks is an incompatable rom.
Did you query the ECU? Perhaps select vehicle manually as if writing over a failed flash?

Quote:
Originally Posted by djliquidsteele View Post
So it must have something to do with the tune. How did you guys know about Visconti tunes being released on the internet? I've been looking for some info on this and haven't been able to find anything.
Someone posted them up here, they looked like genuine bin files but they didn't open at all, just as you found. The only files that I've see that with, all others open or throw an error.

Kodename 47 DJ:
Soundcloud / Instagram / Facebook
Kodename47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 11:16 AM   #16
djliquidsteele

Drives: Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
John got me taken care of. Said indeed it was because I was on a very old file that is no longer supported. Got me taken care and everything is golden.

Honestly I think they guy got bad wrap on here from the beginning. I have had 0 issues with either my tunes, which as I stated I have been running for almost 5 years now, or his customer service. He's always been pleasant to me.

Appreciate your apps input as well. It put me on the right track.
djliquidsteele is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to djliquidsteele For This Useful Post:
FRS Justin (06-25-2017)