follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Member's Car Journals

Member's Car Journals Car journals by our members.

User Tag List

Old 05-07-2019, 11:20 AM   #1
Jordanwolf
Rice King

Drives: '19 FWD master race CTR
Thanked 2,001 Times in 1,203 Posts
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Video Journal? Performance driving progression

Hi People of the internet,

Just wondering if people would be interested in seeing video progress (a Youtube channel) of track/autoX and just general High Performance driving. I've been playing with the idea of recording my track/autoX/other experiences I plan to have and think it would be interesting to see how I progress.

I'm still very much so a beginner, so I'd be starting essentially from the bottom, although I already do have some track days under my belt.
Old 05-07-2019, 11:26 AM   #2
JoeC

Drives: Subaru BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Sorry if this sounds too negative, but unless you are good at editing and composition I'm not sure the if content would be enough to keep people interested.

With that said, I record my track events and I enjoy watching it and learning from it. But generally it's not very interesting to other people for more than about 60 seconds.
JoeC is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JoeC For This Useful Post:
Jordanwolf (05-07-2019)
Old 05-07-2019, 11:27 AM   #3
JBezugs
Good Job Subaru!

Drives: Green '17 BRZ Sport-Tech MT
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Video Journal? Performance driving progression

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordanwolf View Post
Hi People of the internet,

Just wondering if people would be interested in seeing video progress (a Youtube channel) of track/autoX and just general High Performance driving. I've been playing with the idea of recording my track/autoX/other experiences I plan to have and think it would be interesting to see how I progress.

I'm still very much so a beginner, so I'd be starting essentially from the bottom, although I already do have some track days under my belt.

I thought about and actually set up a channel exploring that exact idea myself, just over 2 years ago when I first got my car.

However, life got in the way... between 50 hour work weeks and various other responsibilities, I was never able to get it off the ground, let alone get to enough track days/auto-x events like I wanted; I only get to one of each per year, if I’m lucky.

Therefore, I’d really love to see you take that on! I think it’s something that is sorely lacking in the content space, as there are a lot of people who want to jump into the performance driving hobby and struggle in terms of what to do/how to approach it. There is a lot of information available from a seasoned vet’s perspective, but not very much from a beginners (or relatively so at the very least) point of view. It’s comforting when you see someone else jump in and document everything from the same starting point, so can watch and learn what to do/what not to do as you delve in deeper.

If you need any help or advice with regards to recording setups/video editing or the like, feel free to reach out. Good luck!
Old 05-07-2019, 01:33 PM   #4
Jordanwolf
Rice King

Drives: '19 FWD master race CTR
Thanked 2,001 Times in 1,203 Posts
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeC View Post
Sorry if this sounds too negative, but unless you are good at editing and composition I'm not sure the if content would be enough to keep people interested.

With that said, I record my track events and I enjoy watching it and learning from it. But generally it's not very interesting to other people for more than about 60 seconds.
Not negative at all, it's a good tip. I was thinking to either have some sort of overlay of voice at some or most parts, or talk while driving, but as a beginner trying to drive fast, that isn't always that easy/safe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBezugs View Post
I thought about and actually set up a channel exploring that exact idea myself, just over 2 years ago when I first got my car.

However, life got in the way... between 50 hour work weeks and various other responsibilities, I was never able to get it off the ground, let alone get to enough track days/auto-x events like I wanted; I only get to one of each per year, if I’m lucky.

Therefore, I’d really love to see you take that on! I think it’s something that is sorely lacking in the content space, as there are a lot of people who want to jump into the performance driving hobby and struggle in terms of what to do/how to approach it. There is a lot of information available from a seasoned vet’s perspective, but not very much from a beginners (or relatively so at the very least) point of view. It’s comforting when you see someone else jump in and document everything from the same starting point, so can watch and learn what to do/what not to do as you delve in deeper.

If you need any help or advice with regards to recording setups/video editing or the like, feel free to reach out. Good luck!

Honestly, I struggled myself trying to figure out how to get on a track and with getting over the risk of being on the track, so this would probably be something I'd go over at some point as I'm sure many, many beginners would want to know.

I also feel extremely passionate about just driving in general and I think that with this type of interest/passion I wouldn't just fall off and stop doing this all together, unless life decides to hit me too.. lol

Might just take you up on that offer though, hehe. You also live pretty close...
The Following User Says Thank You to Jordanwolf For This Useful Post:
JBezugs (05-14-2019)