follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Wheels | Tires | Spacers | Hub -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Wheels | Tires | Spacers | Hub -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack Specific topics relating to wheels and tires.

User Tag List

Old 06-16-2014, 02:11 AM   #1
Admired

Drives: 2013 Scion FRS
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Wheels Like Forgestar Super Deep Concave

I have a rocket bunny kit V1, and want to run some super deep concave's but I cannot wait 8-10 weeks for production, so with that being said is there any other wheel out there with the same specs and has that really deep concave look to it and is about the same price range?
Admired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 02:44 AM   #2
TheMuffinMan
Slowpoke

Drives: FR-S Whiteout MT
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Admired View Post
I have a rocket bunny kit V1, and want to run some super deep concave's but I cannot wait 8-10 weeks for production, so with that being said is there any other wheel out there with the same specs and has that really deep concave look to it and is about the same price range?
Forgestar's seem to be the best option, another option would be Gram Light 57Xtreme, it's in the same price range, but you would need to run some pretty big spacers. Almost every other wheel would be about 2x the price per wheel.
TheMuffinMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 12:59 PM   #3
jumbaco

Drives: FD
Don't settle, if you have your eyes set on a wheel, save up for it. You spent the money on the RB kit already, wheels will finish it off nicely.
jumbaco is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jumbaco For This Useful Post:
Jive Turkey (06-23-2014)
Old 06-16-2014, 01:19 PM   #4
ModBargains.com

Drives: FR-S
Mentioned: 63 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jumbaco View Post
Don't settle, if you have your eyes set on a wheel, save up for it. You spent the money on the RB kit already, wheels will finish it off nicely.
Probably the best advise I can give any customer. Don't settle for parts, go with the part that your car deserves that will make your car stand out. I've settled for a few parts on my previous projects, I just ended up spending double because eventually I'd order the original part I wanted later down the road.

ModBargains.com is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ModBargains.com For This Useful Post:
JonAvalon (06-23-2014), mweidner311 (06-23-2014)
Old 06-19-2014, 12:41 AM   #5
AutoRnD

Drives: Fast ones
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
With the Forgestars you would still need to run spacers right?

It might not have the deepest concavity but the AME TM02 might be an option for you.

Considering you would need to run spacers anyways you might as well just get adapters and find some 5x114.3 wheels.

Our RB V1 FRS was sporting some

AME TM02's 5x114.3 18x10 -5 front with 225/40/18 and 18x11 -40 rear with 255/35/18

We started out with 10 +15 and 11 +10

I have seen so many V1 kits with one piece wheels and sadly they just aren't spaced out far enough and often look a bit sunk. It's unfortunate that these fenders are almost too wide for an affordable one piece setup. Spacers are likely to be inevitable.

AME just released some 18x9.5 and 10.5 +22 wheels in 5x100 so we're currently running a grip oriented setup of

18x9.5 +17 NET with the use of a 5mm spacer 255/35/18 front
18x10.5 -16 NET with the use of a 38mm spacer 285/30/18 rear

Camber is set to -2 deg front and rear

Car felt amazing with the grip setup. Sadly she's back under surgery for the V2 kit, getting ready for SEMA. the setup will be back on in a month for actual track testing.

Photos of both setups:

Stretched

Grip
AutoRnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 02:45 PM   #6
mweidner311

Drives: N/A
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ModBargains.com View Post
Probably the best advise I can give any customer. Don't settle for parts, go with the part that your car deserves that will make your car stand out. I've settled for a few parts on my previous projects, I just ended up spending double because eventually I'd order the original part I wanted later down the road.

Great advice!

I'm new to the modding world had my car only about 3 months now and have it lowered with Eibach sport lines and bought some xxr 527's after putting everything on immediately regretted going the cheap route and will now be purchasing coil overs and better "nicer" wheels.... meaning more $$$$ and more importantly more work for me.

Should have just went big at first and not have to do the same work twice and wasted money on parts I now am stuck with or try selling.... Hindsight is 20 20

Also those cars are SICK
mweidner311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 02:51 PM   #7
ModBargains.com

Drives: FR-S
Mentioned: 63 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mweidner311 View Post
Great advice!

I'm new to the modding world had my car only about 3 months now and have it lowered with Eibach sport lines and bought some xxr 527's after putting everything on immediately regretted going the cheap route and will now be purchasing coil overs and better "nicer" wheels.... meaning more $$$$ and more importantly more work for me.

Should have just went big at first and not have to do the same work twice and wasted money on parts I now am stuck with or try selling.... Hindsight is 20 20

Also those cars are SICK
Don't worry, some of the best modification experts out there make mistakes. I know when I first started modifying cars about 10 years ago, the first mods that I purchased weren't the most intelligent purchases that I could have made knowing what I know now. Just learn from your experiences and move on is what I would say, but if you ever need help with anything, maybe just a question on what I think about Brand X or Brand Z or whatever it might be, I don't mind helping out at all, I like sharing my experiences with other customers to give more insight into what's what.
ModBargains.com is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ModBargains.com For This Useful Post:
mweidner311 (06-23-2014), trd_kid (06-23-2014)
Old 06-23-2014, 03:28 PM   #8
Jive Turkey
the tuna, no crust.

Drives: 2014 Hachiroku of the year
Thanked 1,770 Times in 761 Posts
Mentioned: 78 Post(s)
take it from me, waiting is worth it. because you clearly know what you want...anyhting else will always leave you wondering.

when you buy EXACTLY what you wanted and saved for, you will be happiest. the wait isn't that bad, while you wait get everything else ready so that way all you do is fit wheels/align/enjoy life.

depending on what tires you'll need you might have to wait also, i know some tires are on back order in bigger sizes MPSS are on backorder in certain meaty sizes.

do it once, do it right, leave it alone and enjoy it for a while after.
Jive Turkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 10:09 PM   #9
cycleboy

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S - Argento
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Very happy I waited for my F14's. To get my exact choice of diameter, width, offset, and finish was worth it completely. The price was great for a custom part. (I only waited ~6 wks, but YMMV.)
cycleboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 10:21 PM   #10
mikeTee
Yup.

Drives: MT Subaru BRZ '13
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ModBargains.com View Post
Don't worry, some of the best modification experts out there make mistakes. I know when I first started modifying cars about 10 years ago, the first mods that I purchased weren't the most intelligent purchases that I could have made knowing what I know now. Just learn from your experiences and move on is what I would say, but if you ever need help with anything, maybe just a question on what I think about Brand X or Brand Z or whatever it might be, I don't mind helping out at all, I like sharing my experiences with other customers to give more insight into what's what.
Take Jurrian's advice, it's solid.
Old 06-24-2014, 11:04 AM   #11
Scalzo

Drives: Asphalt FRS <3
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
I'm in the same boat.
But i want the VS-XX