follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics

BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics All discussions about the first-gen Subaru BRZ coupe

User Tag List

Old 01-24-2014, 07:28 PM   #869
alanhung85

Drives: 2014 Subaru BRZ Sport-tech Pkg
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Alan here 2014 crystal silica black in the Greater Toronto Area. Loving the already put 1000km within the first week! I can't wait until break-in is over so I can take it up to the redline! There's a lot that I want to do to the car in the order of tires, wheels, suspension, exhaust header intake + tune, audio, cosmetics but at the same time I want to get back on a motorcycle as it's been 2 years since I last rode. My only concern is if I pick up a bike then I won't drive as much anymore and modding it will be less satisfying if I'm not gonna use it as much.

So far the car is completely stock. Only things I have done are 23% tints all around, clear bra, Michelin X-Ice winter tires on stock rims. I must say with winter tires this car handles like a beast!

Thanks to everyone for contributing so much information to the forum!
alanhung85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 09:15 PM   #870
Timmo

Drives: Minivan
Hi,I'm new to the forums.Hoping to get a BRZ some day.
Timmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 09:55 PM   #871
C_Blurr

Drives: Volvo
Hey all, new to the forum as an official member but I've been browsing and reading the forum for well over a year now. There is so much great information on this site along with some beautiful rides, and I hope to soon join as a fellow owner. I'm a gear head at heart and have been itching to get back into the scene. Just a quick list of previous vehicles that have come or gone for one reason or another:

1995 Nissan 240sx
1998 Chrysler Sebring Lxi
2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT
2004 Dodge Neon SRT-4
2011 Subaru Impreza WRX
2005 Volvo S60 2.5T (Current)

Felt the need to get more practical and leave the tuner scene, hence the S60. Great car for what it is, but the itch has caught up with me. Now using experiences of the past and positioning myself well for a new car, my current plan is leaning towards picking up a Subaru 2.5rs daily driver (New England winters), and a BRZ for my good weather fun car. As things come to be I will work on a Member's Ride page. Until then, happy browsing!
C_Blurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 05:01 PM   #872
zinzan

Drives: Subaru BRZ 2014 Limited WRB
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Garage
Bought a 2014 WRB Limited about 10 days ago. Was torn between the FR-S and the BRZ (kinda preferred the front-end of the FR-S), but I had been driving a Lexus SC400 for the past 13 1/2 years, and it was hard to go bare-bones on the amenities. Plus, I loved the World Rally Blue color, and kinda wanted to take a small step away from the Toyota family (after owning two Lexus in the past 20 years) and give Subaru a try. Also, I found negotiating with the Subaru dealership reduced the price difference a fair bit. In fact, I was completely satisfied with the dealership (Subaru of Kennesaw).

-Z
zinzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 05:14 PM   #873
Decisis
Mechanically Unsavvy

Drives: 2014 BRZ Limited SWP
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by zinzan View Post
Bought a 2014 WRB Limited about 10 days ago. Was torn between the FR-S and the BRZ (kinda preferred the front-end of the FR-S), but I had been driving a Lexus SC400 for the past 13 1/2 years, and it was hard to go bare-bones on the amenities. Plus, I loved the World Rally Blue color, and kinda wanted to take a small step away from the Toyota family (after owning two Lexus in the past 20 years) and give Subaru a try. Also, I found negotiating with the Subaru dealership reduced the price difference a fair bit. In fact, I was completely satisfied with the dealership (Subaru of Kennesaw).

-Z
You would've loved the 2014 fr-s monogram. Has all the amenities of a brz limited. Unfortunately, only 2,000 units would be available :/
Decisis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 05:44 PM   #874
zinzan

Drives: Subaru BRZ 2014 Limited WRB
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Decisis View Post
You would've loved the 2014 fr-s monogram. Has all the amenities of a brz limited. Unfortunately, only 2,000 units would be available :/
Yep, I was thinking the same thing. But the timing just didn't work out.

Anyway, I'm happy with the BRZ.

-Z
zinzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 07:15 PM   #875
SirLoin

Drives: Mazda3, BRZ
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Just put a deposit down with Clint at Heuberger for my BRZ, don't anticipate getting much sleep between now and when the BRZ gets to me.
SirLoin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 09:32 AM   #876
SubiNewbie

Drives: 2014 Subaru BRZ Limited
Hello, Been a Dodge driver for almost 10 years now. Got tired of the worst engineering ever (Neon, then Avenger) so I switched to Subi just now. Network Tech here, and a green horn at car modding so expect some dumb questions. But you know, got to get by the dumb questions to get to the hard ones yeah? Experienced in Audio and interior painting (Neon did horrible, but Avenger did very well).
SubiNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SubiNewbie For This Useful Post:
SirBrass (01-28-2014)
Old 01-28-2014, 07:14 PM   #877
T-Rex
Beach Bum

Drives: 2014 WRB BRZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirLoin View Post
Just put a deposit down with Clint at Heuberger for my BRZ, don't anticipate getting much sleep between now and when the BRZ gets to me.
Not sure what the drive back for you would be like, but I decided to roadtrip my car home from Heuberger last weekend. Infinitely better than paying for shipping it IMO!

I'm coming from the BMW world...I've owned three BMW coupes over the past 10 years. Needed something a little more practical as I go back to school, so here I am! Excited to learn about the world of Subarus, and will enjoy having a warranty before I go mod-crazy.
T-Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 09:29 PM   #878
07BlackSpecV

Drives: 2007 Spec V, 2008 Xterra, 2014 BRZ
My wife had a 2003 Honda Accord V6 Coupe that was still in good shape but had 185,000 miles on it. We had decided to keep it and save a car payment, maybe put a bit back into it to fix the few things that were wrong. We went to the Detroit Autoshow as we usually do back at the beginning of the month and after sitting in the BRZ declared that she really liked them. Of course I wasn't going to talk her out of it so we went to the dealership the next day and test drove one. A couple weeks later and we are driving a 6 speed SWP with 45 miles off the lot.

Here is the wife with her new toy next to my daily driver.

What a beautiful car, and the 24/7 Grateful Dead channel on XM only adds to it.

It won't stay stock forever and my toy is a testament to that.

We are both just enjoying the new car right now and getting to know it. We look forward to spending a long time with it in our stable.
07BlackSpecV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 02:11 AM   #879
Zed

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ Limited GBS
Hey all,

I have been lurking around the forums for a good two years now...but finally I can call myself a part of the GBS mafia:

Hello World!

Zed
Zed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 10:10 PM   #880
reerunz

Drives: 2013 DGM BRZ Limited
Howdy. I bought a 2013 Mustang 5.0. One hell of a car. But a buddy of mine got the Scion FR-S and he let me drive it once. I fell in love. The Mustang had awesome power but didn't handle very well. The FR-S was just a lot more fun.

So I traded my Mustang in on a 2013 Gun Metal BRZ Limited . Best choice I've made yet.

It is looking like I'm about to deploy soon. When I get back I am looking at getting a turbo. After talking to King Tut it looks like I might be going with full blown. HKS SpecL Lightweight exhaust, not sure what else yet.
reerunz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to reerunz For This Useful Post:
B L U E S L A T E (02-01-2014), chas3wba0 (02-07-2014), choi (02-04-2014), Decisis (02-07-2014), JS + BRZ (01-31-2014)
Old 02-01-2014, 07:00 PM   #881
FUN BRZ
Drive 2 Eat, Eat 2 Drive

Drives: FUN SUPERCHARGED 2013 Limited BRZ
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Garage
Wassup Yall!

New to the forum with my 2013 Lightning Red BRZ. I just got it in November at Capitol Subaru with 4 miles when I pulled it off the lot

Traded in my '05 V6 Accord Coupe; it was sad to part with it but I was tired of spending money on just maintaining it... I put all 100k+ miles on...

Last photo of my car at the dealership...

BUT my BRZ is such a FUN CAR!!! Woohoo, can't wait to start on my first project!

FUN_BRZ <--- "Insta-Fun"
FUN BRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 04:57 PM   #882
GetSource

Drives: 2014 WRB BRZ Limited
Hey everyone! Excited to join the club.

Just got back from my trek to pick up a WRB BRZ Limited from Clint.

It's already been great lurking to learn about the car, and now I'm enjoying driving it.
GetSource is offline   Reply With Quote