follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Off-Topic Discussions > Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS]

Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] For all off-topic discussion topics.

User Tag List
go_a_way1

Old 12-26-2015, 12:54 AM   #85
Calais

Drives: 2012 BRZ....finally
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mav1178 View Post
In her flashback scene, the last part of it showed her as a young girl clearly being 1) left on Jakku by someone, and 2) dressed as a young padawan. I think her skills were already developing, but were dormant because something (or someone) was suppressing it...

The strong indication is that she was being trained but taken away suddenly to be protected.

-alex
this! this is my whole take on her she was trained and therefore her powers AWAKENED when kylo said the force to her.

But what was she being protected from? i don't think it was from kylo i think she was left on Jakku much earlier than him destroying lukes new jedi order
Old 12-26-2015, 12:51 PM   #86
strat61caster
-

Drives: '13 FRS - STX
Thanked 9,479 Times in 4,998 Posts
Mentioned: 94 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
flashback ... clearly
-alex
Yeah there was nothing clear about that flashback to me except Luke and Kylo.
strat61caster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2015, 03:32 PM   #87
jawn

Drives: 2015 CWP BRZ Limited
Thanked 3,946 Times in 1,757 Posts
Mentioned: 105 Post(s)
Tagged: 7 Thread(s)
I hope they'll do an Obi-Wan Ben Larry Kenobi anthology movie.
jawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2015, 03:52 PM   #88
Ultramaroon
義理チョコ

Drives: a 13 e8h frs
Thanked 36,519 Times in 18,920 Posts
Mentioned: 1106 Post(s)
Tagged: 9 Thread(s)
I have mixed feelings about Han being killed off. Still, it was less painful than watching the dialogue between him and Leia.
Old 12-28-2015, 03:41 AM   #89
Dimman
Kuruma Otaku

Drives: Mk3 Supra with Semi-built 7MGTE
Thanked 2,265 Times in 1,234 Posts
Mentioned: 78 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Garage
Who the fuck flew down to the middle of Bespin to collect the blue lightsaber?

Because titanium.
Dimman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 03:48 AM   #90
Dimman
Kuruma Otaku

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdrazic93 View Post
I read this theory before. It's at least interesting and makes you think about the time line of events.

Whomever asked who Snoke is, I believe him to be related to the sith spieces. If you throw in some exile, the original sith spieces were red (this would explain the pale skin, from underground sanctuary) I also would guess he's ran into a few lights aversion before, with his face.

My opinion of kyle ren;

They did a very good job of making him confused and like a misguided kid. He didn't want to do the things he did (in leu with the "not dark side team at all" theory). I think in the next movie, either he really does slip further into the dark side and becomes a lot more ominous (like vader) than he portrayed the sith in this movie.

Rey on the other hand;

how can she not be related to the Solo's? She's basically a savant mechanic and fantastic flyer (Skywalker blood and Solo blood).
He also mentioned that he has to resist the light when meditating/praying to Vader.

And Rey fights with anger and beats him.

Switch up of sides/temptation coming up?

The other thing is she is rather Obi-Wan ish on the base, moving and such. Obi-Wan relation that Luke abandoned training because he fucked up Kylo Ren's?

Also, who was the Obi-Wan ish guy with the map part at the beginning?

Because titanium.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dimman For This Useful Post:
M-17 (12-28-2015)
Old 12-28-2015, 05:44 AM   #91
Calais

Drives: 2012 BRZ....finally
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimman View Post
He also mentioned that he has to resist the light when meditating/praying to Vader.

And Rey fights with anger and beats him.

Switch up of sides/temptation coming up?

The other thing is she is rather Obi-Wan ish on the base, moving and such. Obi-Wan relation that Luke abandoned training because he fucked up Kylo Ren's?

Lor san tekka

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Lor_San_Tekka
Dimman (12-28-2015), M-17 (12-28-2015)
Old 12-28-2015, 12:41 PM   #92
WingZer0

Drives: 2013 FR-S
Thanked 2,416 Times in 866 Posts
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zc1__2waAX8"]the birth of Captain Phasma - YouTube[/ame]
WingZer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to WingZer0 For This Useful Post:
DAEMANO (12-29-2015)
Old 12-28-2015, 12:45 PM   #93
mav1178

Drives: 2005 Toyota Camry
Thanked 6,093 Times in 3,029 Posts
Mentioned: 95 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by strat61caster View Post
Yeah there was nothing clear about that flashback to me except Luke and Kylo.
First part was Bespin where Luke fought Vader in Episode V. At the end you can clearly hear Luke saying "noooo"...

Second part seems to be Luke's failing or giving instructions to R2 (or both).

Third part is Knights of Ren. Perhaps their rise/destruction of what Luke was building?

Fourth part was Rey being left on what presumes to be Jakku, and her being left with Unkar Plutt and really is meant to illustrate her being a young padawan being left for unknown reasons.

-alex
mav1178 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 12:46 PM   #94
mav1178

Drives: 2005 Toyota Camry
Thanked 6,093 Times in 3,029 Posts
Mentioned: 95 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calais View Post
But what was she being protected from? i don't think it was from kylo i think she was left on Jakku much earlier than him destroying lukes new jedi order
Episode VIII will answer that for all of us.
mav1178 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 01:38 PM   #95
M-17
Ninja Cat Mod

Drives: BRZ
Thanked 6,254 Times in 2,673 Posts
Mentioned: 149 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
This singular point is why 1) the movie deserves a second watch, and 2) if you are a die-hard fan, you'd search for this info online or via the add-on books.

The Resistance is there because of several reasons:
  • The Rebel Alliance defeated the Empire and formed the New Republic
  • The Empire went away but not completely, and negotiated for peace to preserve what was left of it.
  • As is the tradition w/ the Old Republic, the Jedi are the guardians of peace and justice, and there is no standing army. The New Republic kept a fleet for defensive purposes but did not have an actual military force.
  • The First Order views itself as the legitimate succcessor to the Empire, and even though it is not at war w/ the Republic it views them as their main opposition.
  • Leia sees the threat but the Republic wants peace. So she forms the Resistance and essentially fights a proxy war w/ support from the Republic (much like what we are doing now in Syria).
  • The First Order sees the Republic as guilty parties for supporting the Resistance (as laid out in Hux's speech), and strikes first by wiping out the rotating Galactic Senate (currently based in Hosnian System).
I guess I'm not that much of a die hard fan, but I'm okay with that. But yeah, I did see the movie again and it still vague. Everything you mentioned above I got the gist of how it came to be, but I wish they gave more light to subject, but thanks anyway. I'll go checkout some of them books.

Quote:
Originally Posted by strat61caster View Post
imo Ren was a masterstroke. It would have been foolish to try and out-Vader Darth Vader, would have been a complete joke so you make your villain a shell of what once was and it's easy to be the top of the foodchain when you're the only player.

Personally I think Ben Solo just wasn't very good at being a jedi for whatever reason, searching for a father figure Luke couldn't devote time to him (he had to train a whole new order) leaving him out in the cold, his parents shipped him off, of course he's angsty. He has this legendary name to live up to and just doesn't. I've heard some different takes that 'he's rusty' or 'he's had no challenge to build against' but I'm leaning towards he just didn't get the special gene, we're two generations removed from the 'chosen one' after all.

Timelines don't match for Rey and Ben being twins at all imo, Kylo has been terrorizing the galaxy for at least 5 years (last time Han and Leia saw each other) and Luke has been missing for long enough that his legend has become a story rather than history and it's not like Kylo could have developed and killed dozens of in-training jedi before he hit puberty that would support Rey being ditched. Kylo has probably been tooling around the galaxy for a good 20 years at this point if I had to guess.

My only change would have been the face reveal, I wish it wasn't a closeup, if they showed his face in a wide angle would have been better. I heard some laughs and confusion when he showed his face, with the closeup it's implied you're supposed to get something meaningful out of this reveal when really it's just a man (almost a boy) hiding behind a mask. With a wide it would have de-emphasized his actual face and shown that he's not all that imposing in stark contrast to his imposing grandfather who he worships.
After seeing the movie, going in with no critical critiquing on the movie production, I was actually okay with Kylo Ren's character. I definitely put too much expectation on his character the first time seeing the movie.

Now the whole Rey and Ren being brother and sister is comical. That doesn't make sense. To be twins... no. As cousins, yes, that would make more sense, imo. Plus, pay attention how Han and Leia interact with Rey. Han at first had no idea who Rey was, but later on he realizes who she is. Same goes for Leia and Maz Kanata. The way Rey remembers the past and see a bit into the future, it could mean more, but I won't go that far into that subject just yet. The only key people that didn't know or recognize her idientity was Ren and Fin (this is given).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calais View Post
I actually really liked the movie i don't care that it took plot points from previous movies.

there's only three things that are really bothering me

1. Who the hell is snoke?

2. there's more to Rey's flashback/flash forward than is first grabbed the solution to who her parents are is in there(where have we seen that ship that is leaving before?) and what is the dialogue under Luke's NOOOOOOOOooooo scream? also i cant hear yoda in it did anybody hear what he says, because i heard obi wan say "Rey, you have taken your first step" but what the hell did yoda say?

3. I've been reading all over the internet about Rey's parents i don't agree that she was taken to Jakku after Kylo destroyed Luke's new Jedi academy they look close in age(i don't think they are twins) and Kylo wasn't the age Rey was depicted in being when she was abandoned on Jakku, she was taken there much earlier(she was hidden there) and had her mind wiped for a reason that is why after Kylo said the words the force it triggered something in her memory that made her remember her training.
I Believe she was trained by Luke from a very young age and for some reason he decided to hide her on Jakku, she is either related to Luke or to Obi Wan thats the only reason the lightsaber would call to her because other than Anakin they were the only two to touch the lightsaber, and the way lightsabers are made is by a jedi putting their own force into the crystal to empower the weapon with the force with this being the case it lends to the theory that the crystal would absorb the force of any jedi that touched it hence the luke/obi wan connection, and thats why we don't hear her last name she cannot remember it!
The dream sequence. Rey is screaming. Rey see's the future of what looks like to be Kylo Ren with Knights. We see Luke's hand on R2D2, then she hears her self again along with... (bear with me) either Lor San Tekka or Obi Wan's voice. Then you see the ship leaving Rey in the hands of the Unkar Plutt.

Snoke is, imo, is another rising sith lord. That's the easy part. What everyone else is saying is Snoke is probably Darth Plagueis. I don't know much about him, but from what I gathered on that character is he may have returned from death. Apparently he was originally the Master Sith Lord to his apprentice Emperor Palpatine. Palpatine killed his master or so he thought. So years later up to now, he may have returned. That's all I got so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterSheep View Post
You guys ready for this?....

Kylo Ren, Isn’t actually evil at all.
Bear with me.
The whole reason for him being on the dark side is just so he could eventually take down Snoke.
Here it is explained;
This is why he so conflicted and that’s why he feels the temptation of the light side stronger than the dark. That’s why he talks to Vader’s helmet, because he is going to finish what Anakin, the chosen one, stared. He had to completely turn away from his family in order to do that. To become a sith fully and completely you have to sacrifice someone you love to death, in his case it was Han. That’s why he tells Han he feels like he’s being torn apart inside, because he doesn’t want to do it at all, but it’s the only possible way to become a sith and complete his task. Kylo literally uttered the words “will you help me” to Han, and Han says “anything you need” What he’s asking is if Han will die in order for him to complete his f*cking task. That’s why it looked like he knew who Rey was, because he needs to protect her, that’s why he offers her to be her teacher, he needs someone as powerful as Rey. It will literally be the dark side and the light side joining up to defeat one enemy together as one, which is basically what the force is. They live side by side in it that’s why he so conflicted all the time, that’s why his fight style isn’t like a siths at all. They are always saying that the dark side and the light side are together in the force and they need the personification of both sides (Kylo and Rey) in order to be strong enough to destroy Snoke. He literally has to become a sith to join forces with a Jedi because the light in him is so much stronger than the dark and he has to get rid of it in order to do what he has to do and save the galaxy with Rey and Luke. He needs to know where like is at all times so the first order wont capture him. What if they staged Luke’s Jedi order massacre. What is Luke knows everything. What if Kyle knows they left her in Jakku so Snoke would think she died in the massacre along with all the other Jedi’s. And that’s why he reacted that way when the guy said the droid had “help from a girl in Jakku”
I dont mind this theory. Reason is why leave Rey on Jakku? To protect her or possibly protect others from her? If Rey does have bloodline from Luke or Leia, then it would suggest she could go bad just like Ben/Ren did.

Quote:

Yes, it is suggested that maybe Luke took a page out of Obi-Wan's book, because of his inadvertent failure of Kylo Ren.

And the man in the beginning is Lor San Tekka.

Education is Important, but Race Cars are more Importanter
M-17 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to M-17 For This Useful Post:
Dimman (12-28-2015)
Old 12-28-2015, 01:50 PM   #96
Dimman
Kuruma Otaku

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by M-17 View Post
I guess I'm not that much of a die hard fan, but I'm okay with that. But yeah, I did see the movie again and it still vague. Everything you mentioned above I got the gist of how it came to be, but I wish they gave more light to subject, but thanks anyway. I'll go checkout some of them books.

After seeing the movie, going in with no critical critiquing on the movie production, I was actually okay with Kylo Ren's character. I definitely put too much expectation on his character the first time seeing the movie.

Now the whole Rey and Ren being brother and sister is comical. That doesn't make sense. To be twins... no. As cousins, yes, that would make more sense, imo. Plus, pay attention how Han and Leia interact with Rey. Han at first had no idea who Rey was, but later on he realizes who she is. Same goes for Leia and Maz Kanata. The way Rey remembers the past and see a bit into the future, it could mean more, but I won't go that far into that subject just yet. The only key people that didn't know or recognize her idientity was Ren and Fin (this is given).

The dream sequence. Rey is screaming. Rey see's the future of what looks like to be Kylo Ren with Knights. We see Luke's hand on R2D2, then she hears her self again along with... (bear with me) either Lor San Tekka or Obi Wan's voice. Then you see the ship leaving Rey in the hands of the Unkar Plutt.

Snoke is, imo, is another rising sith lord. That's the easy part. What everyone else is saying is Snoke is probably Darth Plagueis. I don't know much about him, but from what I gathered on that character is he may have returned from death. Apparently he was originally the Master Sith Lord to his apprentice Emperor Palpatine. Palpatine killed his master or so he thought. So years later up to now, he may have returned. That's all I got so far.

I dont mind this theory. Reason is why leave Rey on Jakku? To protect her or possibly protect others from her? If Rey does have bloodline from Luke or Leia, then it would suggest she could go bad just like Ben/Ren did.

Yes, it is suggested that maybe Luke took a page out of Obi-Wan's book, because of his inadvertent failure of Kylo Ren.

And the man in the beginning is Lor San Tekka.
Still no answer on who flew down to the middle of Bespin to pick up the blue lightsaber...

Because titanium.
Old 12-28-2015, 02:12 PM   #97
M-17
Ninja Cat Mod

Drives: BRZ
Thanked 6,254 Times in 2,673 Posts
Mentioned: 149 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Still no answer on who flew down to the middle of Bespin to pick up the blue lightsaber...
No clear answer. I thought it was weird what the movie did there. They leave us to believe Maz Kanata knows. But you know... that "a good question for another time." So now we play the waiting game.

My first initial guess is Luke went back for it. Even though he may know how to construct his own lightsabers and make new ones like he did for Return of the Jedi, he would never have the original lightsaber that his father once had. So he searched for it. Either that or someone else found it and sought out for Luke.

Education is Important, but Race Cars are more Importanter
M-17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 02:12 PM   #98
jawn

Drives: 2015 CWP BRZ Limited
Thanked 3,946 Times in 1,757 Posts
Mentioned: 105 Post(s)
Tagged: 7 Thread(s)
Quote:
An Ugnaught pulled it out of a vent filter, obviously.
jawn is offline   Reply With Quote