follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Off-Topic Discussions > Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS]

Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] For all off-topic discussion topics.

User Tag List
EAGLE5, finch1750, go_a_way1, iManage, KR-S, MisterSheep, Tcoat, Ultramaroon

Closed Thread

Old 11-07-2017, 09:40 AM   #36177
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,284 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2495 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by echo419 View Post
That's saying a lot because he's meet me
Dude, we met at Hooters. We sat right beside where they entered all the orders. There was a constant parade. I am not sure I even heard anything you said.
Dadhawk (11-07-2017), echo419 (11-07-2017)
Old 11-07-2017, 10:24 AM   #36178
Cole
Not a troll

Drives: FR-S
Thanked 5,399 Times in 2,694 Posts
Mentioned: 266 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
The main point is security and the excessive use of part time instructors to avoid paying benefits. Monet and freedom were secondary items.

You continue to make a big deal about students losing out but have not cancelled you trip so that she can use the 5 days to catch up.

I have instructed several courses at the local college and don't think I have done poorly in my field. In fact they won't even use you if you did poorly.
So I should cancel the non refundable trip? Makes a ton of sense. From what I have gathered, the winter reading week isn't being used to make up for anything, since the fall semester is still ending in December. So nothing from the first semester is being made up.

Quote:
Says the biggest complainer about their job that I have ever seen!

What exactly did you take? There is a mile of difference between an Instructor (usually somebody with years of experience in a job) and a Professor (somebody that spent all their time as an academic). If you are talking community college Instructors then ya most would have worked in the field.
Yeah, my job is shitty at times, but thems the breaks when you're away from home and your loved ones for 24 days at a time.

I took police foundations, as once upon a time, I wanted to be an MP. Odd that my teachers referred to themselves as professors of that's the case. Though, still less strange than being taught highschool physics by a guy with a PhD.
Old 11-07-2017, 10:42 AM   #36179
Tcoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole View Post
Doesn't make sense to have a study period in the middle of a semester. Its changed since I've been in college, where I only got a week off in the winter, and the justification that was tossed around was SAD.

Are they striking for job security, or for more pay? From what I see, a big issue is pay, and the second issue is "academic freedom". Personally, I don't care about the college teachers and their desire for more pay, they are fucking over tens of thousands of students (not to mention trade workers who are having their apprenticeship progress stonewalled) who are paying to attend college. In my opinion, fuck every single one of those teachers. Replace all of them, there are always tons of people who have done poorly in their fields who want to teach.
You missed the point. Make a big fuss over being losing time and then taking time off is more than a bit contradictory.
Quote:
Why would I have taken the job in the first place then?
Why did you take your job in the first place?

Quote:
So I should cancel the non refundable trip? Makes a ton of sense. From what I have gathered, the winter reading week isn't being used to make up for anything, since the fall semester is still ending in December. So nothing from the first semester is being made up.

Yeah, my job is shitty at times, but thems the breaks when you're away from home and your loved ones for 24 days at a time.

I took police foundations, as once upon a time, I wanted to be an MP. Odd that my teachers referred to themselves as professors of that's the case. Though, still less strange than being taught highschool physics by a guy with a PhD.
They could call themselves whatever they want I suppose but some ex cop teaching base level materials hardly qualifies for the formal title of Professor.
Old 11-07-2017, 11:28 AM   #36180
Cole
Not a troll

Quote:
You missed the point. Make a big fuss over being losing time and then taking time off is more than a bit contradictory.

Why did you take your job in the first place?

They could call themselves whatever they want I suppose but some ex cop teaching base level materials hardly qualifies for the formal title of Professor.
You must have missed the multiple times that I stated the non refundable trip we booked was before it was known there would even be a strike.

I took my job because the benefits outweigh the cons.

What they decide their title is, is their business.
The Following User Says Thank You to Cole For This Useful Post:
Tcoat (11-07-2017)
Old 11-07-2017, 11:43 AM   #36181
Tcoat

Quote:
Thanks to the teachers striking in Ontario colleges, my girlfriend's semester has been extended to 22 Dec, and now does not get a reading week. Not like we have a trip booked for the reading week, and were going to be booking a trip over Christmas in the next week or two.

It pisses me off even more because these students are paying good money to attend these classes, only to be the ones who get screwed over. And of course they won't get refunded a cent of their tuition
Quote:
You must have missed the multiple times that I stated the non refundable trip we booked was before it was known there would even be a strike.

I took my job because the benefits outweigh the cons.

What they decide their title is, is their business.
Oh I saw them. Also saw the first post on the subject.
Forget what you said in the first place?
Was the first part sort of a double negative and you did have a trip booked?
I am confused now.
Old 11-07-2017, 12:23 PM   #36182
Cole
Not a troll

Quote:
Oh I saw them. Also saw the first post on the subject.
Forget what you said in the first place?
Was the first part sort of a double negative and you did have a trip booked?
I am confused now.
Two separate trips.
Old 11-07-2017, 01:10 PM   #36183
Tcoat

Quote:
Two separate trips.
So the first was already booked? Sometimes sarcasm is hard to read.
Old 11-07-2017, 01:31 PM   #36184
Cole
Not a troll

Quote:
So the first was already booked? Sometimes sarcasm is hard to read.
First one has been booked for about a month now. The other trip is still up in the air, but for reasons less related to the strike, and more about the girlfriend's grandfather's health.
Old 11-07-2017, 03:50 PM   #36185
Silver Supra
Hombre

Drives: 1994 Supra Turbo
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapphireho View Post
Thanks guys. Here is the last time I talk about my dad. My 2 brothers and my mom decided to stop his treatment. my mom needed to hear her 3 boys agree on the decision.
Doctors say about 3weeks or less till he goes. They promise to give him the drugs he needs to be comfortable. I see him everyday. My dad and I have had the best relationship our whole lives. he was always there for me, even when I didn't deserve it.
He was my best fishing buddy. My dad was like a little kid every time he had a fish on. I'm really going to miss my dad.

Hug the ones you love tonight.
I regret the reason, but I am glad you all got together to discuss and decide. Cherish the time you have left together and remember the good/great times.
I had to make a somewhat similar decision a 25 years ago - the only difference was my Dad had a massive stroke while I was out of town. I still miss him.
Don't hesitate to update.
Old 11-07-2017, 04:12 PM   #36186
Andrew025

Drives: Neptune GR86
Thanked 3,505 Times in 1,806 Posts
Mentioned: 60 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
This dude says it's modified to connect to factory midpipe... Is it just me or does that seem impossible with the piping pictured?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/-/282707055547?
Old 11-07-2017, 04:21 PM   #36187
Tcoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew025 View Post
This dude says it's modified to connect to factory midpipe... Is it just me or does that seem impossible with the piping pictured?

Not sure how that would work with a stock midpipe.

Old 11-07-2017, 04:50 PM   #36188
Andrew025

Quote:
Not sure how that would work with a stock midpipe.

Dude is smoking something

Was gonna send him a low ball offer... Still contemplating it...
Sent him another question but basically told him it wouldn't work with factory mid pipe... Lets see what he says.
Old 11-07-2017, 05:02 PM   #36189
Cole
Not a troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew025 View Post

Hard to say without better pictures of the included piping, but it kinda looks like the midpipe in the picture bolts up to the OEM front pipe. Looks as though it has the right flange. But again, hard to tell with the janky pictures.

The length of that midpipe looks like its correct, and I have a feeling the dude is using the wrong term to describe what connects to what.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cole For This Useful Post:
Andrew025 (11-07-2017), MrFisty (11-07-2017)
Old 11-07-2017, 05:22 PM   #36190
Andrew025

Quote:
Hard to say without better pictures of the included piping, but it kinda looks like the midpipe in the picture bolts up to the OEM front pipe. Looks as though it has the right flange. But again, hard to tell with the janky pictures.

The length of that midpipe looks like its correct, and I have a feeling the dude is using the wrong term to describe what connects to what.
Yeah... I don't think he knows what he's talking about...
What was the point of modifying it if it's just connecting to the front pipe anyway? It still looks a bit short to connect to the front pipe to me... It does look like it has the correct flange for that though...
Closed Thread

Tags
aching balls, ass or gtfo, germanystrikesback, guff approved, human resources, i don't wanna go to prom, i lurk, i participated, i read this thread, i'm so gay, ichi has crabs, ichi is in denial, imanage can't manage, in god we thrust, me worry?, member berries, never forget, no politics, nothing for you!!!, nsfp, omg i can't catch up! :(, poo on my chest, post #696 review on ichi, sapphireho sucks!, specialk watches you post, special_k is a lurker, tcoat is as tcoat does, tcoat is dead, tcoat is jesus, tcoat is risen, tcoat returns, tcoat rules, tig ol bitties, tits or gtfo, trackmyfarts, tylerlieberman is a cuck, wubba lubba dub dubs!!!, y u do dis