follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Guides

DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Guides For all DIYs.

User Tag List

Old 02-13-2019, 07:27 PM   #1
littlenaha

Drives: scion frs
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Valenti 4th brake light

Hey guys so recently I bought a Valenti 4th brake light for my 2016 Scion Frs. and had installed it, but the original light harness only has 2 pins in it. The far right and left pins and the third middle pin is not there. I looked on YouTube and found some videos but they talked about wire taps and a spare red wire that supposedly came with it but i never got anything. thought it was plug and play but I guess not. need to know what wire from the harness supplies power to tail lights
littlenaha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 12:59 AM   #2
gpvecchi

Drives: Toyota 86 GT Limited PP (Model G)
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Do you have a rear fog light? Stock wiring has fog light, rear light and ground. Valenti has the 3 wires plus a red wire for brake.
gpvecchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 11:19 AM   #3
wolffbite
Just the tip

Drives: 2017 DGM BRZ
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Can you post a pic of the unit + wiring harness it came with?

There are several "Valenti Style" 4th brake lights out there with different wiring instructions. Knowing exactly what you have would help us help you.

None of them are truly plug and play because of wiring differences between USDM, JDM and European models. Your north american car will not have a separate wire for rear fogs as we don't have those since the stock reverse light just has a red reflector and no bulb in the center.

I'm assuming when you plug in the the new light with harness as is you only get working reverse lights?
wolffbite is offline   Reply With Quote