follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics

BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics All discussions about the first-gen Subaru BRZ coupe

User Tag List

Old 03-23-2012, 07:32 PM   #169
Dragonitti
Banned

Drives: Boosted Scion tC, 350z
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsgerbc View Post
Don't be surprised when the insurance denies your medical claim, cause you compromised OEM SRS system.
Cool story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tranzformer View Post
Hmm really? Have you heard/read of situations that this has happened. Makes sense that they would try to get out of paying out if they can.

No it doesn't. Airbag sensors are generally stored under the headlights for collisions. Nothing to do with your seat. I've been driving for 18yrs. In that 18yrs, I've had one incident where I rear ended someone. If I get into an accident to need medical attention, it wouldn't be my insurance that would be covering me. It would be the person at faults insurance.

Side note: Progressive allows $5k extra for coverage for modifications to my Scion tC. Why allow a policy like that only to try and deny coverage?
Dragonitti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 07:36 PM   #170
tranzformer
Delights in pure handling

Drives: Zoom Zoom
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonitti View Post
No it doesn't. Airbag sensors are generally stored under the headlights for collisions. Nothing to do with your seat.

Oh yes it does.

tranzformer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 07:40 PM   #171
dsgerbc

Drives: BRZ(sold), STI
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quote:
Nothing to do with your seat. I've been driving for 18yrs.
RTFM. There's an airbag in the seat. If you remove it and don't disclose it - it's fraud.
dsgerbc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 07:42 PM   #172
Dragonitti
Banned

Quote:
Oh yes it does.

Question....are you going to put lowering springs or coilovers on your car, as this will drop the height of the vehicle, and position it lower than where the airbag sensors were designed to be position in the event of an accident.

So...lets all drive stock cars
Old 03-23-2012, 07:43 PM   #173
tranzformer

Quote:
Question....are you going to put lowering springs or coilovers on your car, as this will drop the height of the vehicle, and position it lower than where the airbag sensors were designed to be position in the event of an accident.

Nope not going to put lowering springs on it. Neither coilovers.

Yes I will drive a stock car. "Hellastock BRZerHOOD"

Go ahead and remove your safety equipment on a DD car. I sure won't. Good luck when your auto insurance companies denies your claim as a result of that.
Old 03-23-2012, 07:44 PM   #174
carbonBLUE
Reverse Burnouts

Drives: 2013 Argento FRS
Thanked 1,257 Times in 592 Posts
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scion FR-S View Post
That would actually be a disadvantage for the Mustang - with deceleration weight shifts forward, so if you already have 65% of the weight over the front wheels and then brake hard that number moves considerably higher, meaning the front contact patches are doing much more of the braking work than the back patches. Consequently the back wheels are far more likely to lock up at the same braking force levels (all else being equal) than if there is a 50/50 weight distribution under braking. This tendency results in longer stopping distances - 2 patches are in a sense trying to do the work of 4. Thus you find that Porsches with their rear weight bias can typically outbrake other car makes in road race series.
actually, it isnt a disadvantage, the front brakes do 80% of the braking and the back does 20% respectively , with more weight on the front of the car under hard braking the weight is thus transferred to the front, when that happens more weight is applied on the front tires compressing them to the ground and giving the tires a larger contact area, or patch, with the ground

how fast you can stop also relies on what rubber you are using, if your tires arent wide enough or sticky enough, the weight transfer can hurt braking distances when the load put on the tires surpasses its capabilities to stop

and i do fully understand that Porsches stop faster than most cars, with the engine in the back, lower pitch rates(suspension movement from front to back when stopping), lower CoG,and also wider tires than most cars

when a porsche stops, since the engine is in the back, the weight isnt transferred to the fron, but also the chassis doesnt allow the car to pitch like the mustang, all four tires are thus planted better so the brake distribution is about 40% in the back and 60% in the front

that is the reason you see bigger brakes on the front and tiny brakes in the back of mustangs, challengers, and cameros

on porsches you see about the same size brakes on both front and back because of how the vehicle handles its braking dynamics

a mustang would stop slower with a 40/60 braking ration as would a porsche stop slower with a 20/80 braking ratio

the amount of braking force in the back and front depends solely on where the weight is when you brake

how fast you can brake relies on the rubber thats on the car, most porsches are equipped with better stock rubber than mustangs as well and inside line only uses stock rubber in their tests

EDIT: i give the BRZ and A+ attempt at braking on those shitty....shitty... excuses for tires... also the lateral g's when it corners is impressive on those shit tires, slalom was also a good run aswell, i see it braking into the 70's with better rubber

heres an example of better results on the same car with a few suspension bits and much better rubber

Hotchkis tuned 2000 Celica GTS (NA):
- 1.03G skidpad (stock 0.82g)
- 76.9 mph slalom (stock 70.1)
- 97 ft, 60-0 (stock 107 ft) (That's 1.23 g's!!)

EDIT EDIT: ohh yeah and the celica also came on some pretty shitty eco tires aswell it weighs 2500 lbs and handles decently aswell compared to the BRZ

2000 Carbon Blue Toyota Celica GTS 152000 miles
(wont forget you)
2013 Argento Scion FR-S
2011 Infiniti G37x

Last edited by carbonBLUE; 03-23-2012 at 07:56 PM.
carbonBLUE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 07:49 PM   #175
dsgerbc

Drives: BRZ(sold), STI
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quote:

Lol, is that your defense?
I bet you can cook up an argument of the same quality to defend removing airbag from the steering wheel too...
dsgerbc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 07:50 PM   #176
Dragonitti
Banned

Quote:
RTFM. There's an airbag in the seat. If you remove it and don't disclose it - it's fraud.

It's illegal to remove your steering wheel and replace it with an Aftermarket one that doesn't have an airbag. Have you ever seen a car with a Vertex Steering wheel? How about an OMP one?

Are you one of those individuals who doesn't get out of bed, for fear that you might step down the wrong way and break your neck and die...cause we can die just getting out of bed.

Seriously though....don't mod your car if you are THAT afraid.

Quote:
Lol, is that your defense?
I bet you can cook up an argument of the same quality to defend removing airbag from the steering wheel too...
Since when do we need to "defend" what we want to do with "our own cars"? I'm not putting you personally at risk, so what crawled in your corn flakes?

Quote:
Nope not going to put lowering springs on it. Neither coilovers.

Yes I will drive a stock car. "Hellastock BRZerHOOD"

Go ahead and remove your safety equipment on a DD car. I sure won't. Good luck when your auto insurance companies denies your claim as a result of that.

Thank you for the kind words... Perhaps you should save yourself even more pain and just not drive at all. I've never spent a day in my life in a hospital.

I will be buying a GSXR600 while I'm waiting to purchase my FR-S....OMG! I must have a death wish! No one is harping you for staying stock, why would you bring negativity to people who mod? You know I track my car, so don't see the gripe about modding to take my car to the track.
Old 03-23-2012, 07:51 PM   #177
Subaruwrxfan

Drives: 2015 Mustang EcoBoost
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
I can't believe there's so many complainers/trolls on here. After all the good reviews. Every single last one had glowing praise. And people are crying about stuff still? I guess some people will truly never be happy.

"In a word: sensational. It is a riot to pilot." -Autoweek
"I haven’t had this much driving fun in a long time..." -Road & Track (These are critics that drive cars for a living, and he hadn't had this much fun in a long time!)
"Profound control. Think Lotus Exige/Elise or Porsche 911 GT3...the BRZ encourages full-attack driving on unfamiliar roads well into triple digits...the car is a stunning experience. It is one of the most rewarding cars we've ever driven." -InsideLine
"The BRZ is undeniably superb...For pure, unadulterated driving delight, the BRZ packs a knockout punch." -Motor Trend

You read all this, words spoken from people that drive sports cars for a living, and even THEY can get this excited about a car? But some people here can't. Unbelievable. Reading these articles made my day.
Old 03-23-2012, 07:52 PM   #178
zoomzoomers

Drives: 2013 Subaru SWP BRZ Limited 6AT
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subaruwrxfan View Post
I can't believe there's so many complainers/trolls on here. After all the good reviews. Every single last one had glowing praise. And people are crying about stuff still? I guess some people will truly never be happy.

"I haven’t had this much driving fun in a long time..." -Road & Track (These are critics that drive cars for a living, and he hadn't had this much fun in a long time!)
"Profound control. Think Lotus Exige/Elise or Porsche 911 GT3...the BRZ encourages full-attack driving on unfamiliar roads well into triple digits...the car is a stunning experience. It is one of the most rewarding cars we've ever driven." -InsideLine
"The BRZ is undeniably superb...For pure, unadulterated driving delight, the BRZ packs a knockout punch." -Motor Trend

You read all this, words spoken from people that drive sports cars for a living, and even THEY can get this excited about a car? But some people here can't. Unbelievable. Reading these articles made my day.
Man Law#17:A man in the company of a hot, seductively dressed, woman MUST remain sober enough to fight!

MODS: AVO tubes + filter, Cusco (F) strut brace w/ MC brace, Perrin CBE, Subaru OEM trunk tray, Grimmspeed front license re-locator & hood struts and Beatsonic rear cam.
zoomzoomers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 07:54 PM   #179
engee

Drives: Subaru
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subaruwrxfan View Post

The only complaint I have is that I still have to wait until I get mine.

engee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 07:56 PM   #180
tranzformer

Quote:

Since when do we need to "defend" what we want to do with "our own cars"? I'm not putting you personally at risk, so what crawled in your corn flakes?

Particularly when you tried to prove us wrong and noted that crash sensors "are generally stored under the headlights for collisions. Nothing to do with your seat." However when I showed you that you were wrong based on the BRZ/FRS, you tried playing it off. Just accept that it is an issue if you care about safety and the design of the car. If you want to disregard that fine. Why do you think people are spending extra $$$ for the limited version? Most of them give their primary reason for going with the limited due to the seats.
Old 03-23-2012, 07:58 PM   #181
Dragonitti
Banned

Quote:
Sorry I don't follow you and how you think clutch drops at 5500rpm represents anything that the average driver would do.

The average driver isn't doing clutch dumps period....so why do you care is my point.

If you are into spirited driving and performance, then you drive the car like it should be driven...."Stolen".
Old 03-23-2012, 08:00 PM   #182
zoomzoomers

Drives: 2013 Subaru SWP BRZ Limited 6AT
[QUOTE=Dragonitti;164295]The average driver isn't doing clutch dumps period....so why do you care is my point.

If you are into spirited driving and performance, then you drive the car like it should be driven...."Stolen".[/QUOTE]

I always do... MUAHAHAHAHA
Man Law#17:A man in the company of a hot, seductively dressed, woman MUST remain sober enough to fight!

MODS: AVO tubes + filter, Cusco (F) strut brace w/ MC brace, Perrin CBE, Subaru OEM trunk tray, Grimmspeed front license re-locator & hood struts and Beatsonic rear cam.
zoomzoomers is offline   Reply With Quote