follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Suspension | Chassis | Brakes -- Sponsored by 949 Racing

Suspension | Chassis | Brakes -- Sponsored by 949 Racing Relating to suspension, chassis, and brakes. Sponsored by 949 Racing.

User Tag List

Old 12-20-2012, 01:42 AM   #15
jamal

Drives: Legacy GT
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmookher View Post
I will be going with these: some built in correction, if the Whiteline bushes dont cut it these get put on next..
No, there is no way to alter the roll center height with the rear LCA. You would have to alter the upright or subframe and change where the mounting points are. That arm should give a bit more bump travel though which is usually a good thing.
jamal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 01:52 AM   #16
ayau

Drives: Some rust bucket
Thanked 1,045 Times in 556 Posts
Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
bump.
ayau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 08:07 AM   #17
Enraged21
#RememberTheBuster

Drives: Firestorm FRS MT
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by robispec View Post
well we started with the front and have front lower control arms that correct/ adjust for
camber
track width
anti-dive
roll center
castor
did we leave anything out?
our car is 3" lower than stock
front camber is -3.7
rear is -2.5
when we "fix" the rear camber with the whiteline bushings for the upper control arm we will be able to reduce the front camber to -3 degrees and run the rear at -2 degrees
8 track days and continuing to fin tune this chassis!
picts
Front view
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x577 and weights 75KB.
yes those are louvers to keep the car cool. the stock hood is lighter than any aftermarket hood sofar.
nose to nose
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x577 and weights 62KB.
and
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x577 and weights 75KB.
rear view
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x577 and weights 70KB.

Robi
http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24584

You're set up looks very nice. This is what I want to accomplish.
Enraged21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 01:28 PM   #18
WWEVOX

Drives: White Lancer Evolution X
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racecomp Engineering View Post
If you're reading (and understanding) RCVD, then you're doing okay.

Yes the rear suspension gains negative camber under compression. We're still running around -2 static with our set-up (KW/RCE coilovers, a lot of bushings/replacement arms, 245 michelin pilot super sports). Did some testing at the track and this was a very good solution.

There are replacement arms and Whiteline has a bushing for the rear upper arm that allows camber adjustment. I prefer the WL bushing because it has other advantages, but it is a pain to install.

- Andrew
What makes the Whiteline bushings difficult to install? Is it that they need to be press fitted to the arm? I wonder since I have my RSR's and Whiteline bolt and bushings on my table waiting for a free weekend.
WWEVOX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 02:15 PM   #19
executivekoala

Drives: fr-s
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
I had prototype Part Shop Max solid subframe risers, the really did help with roll center, I didnt get a chance to get alignment specs because I crashed it but you could feel a more positive feeling in the rear. They arent for everyone though, its a permanent mod and its pretty labor intensive and with my solid diff mounts made a lot of noise. That said, when they release the final version I will put them back on.
executivekoala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 05:17 PM   #20
ATL BRZ
Driving Coach

Drives: BRZ
Thanked 4,137 Times in 1,707 Posts
Mentioned: 90 Post(s)
Tagged: 6 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WWEVOX View Post
What makes the Whiteline bushings difficult to install? Is it that they need to be press fitted to the arm? I wonder since I have my RSR's and Whiteline bolt and bushings on my table waiting for a free weekend.
Yes, a press is required, and the upper arms are a huge pain to unbolt and remove. I had them and didn't even bother installing them, I sold them and got a pair of adjustable LCA's instead. More range and easier install.
ATL BRZ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
arms, control, lowering, suspension