follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Forced Induction

Forced Induction Turbo, Supercharger, Methanol, Nitrous

User Tag List
go_a_way1

Old 11-11-2016, 02:12 PM   #3781
JDMChris

Drives: 2016
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to JDMChris
Quote:
Originally Posted by klear View Post
Is this the kit to get for a car that sees regular track use? My biggest worry is the heat problems with forced induction and I keep coming back to this kit.
The Rotrex produces significant less heat than most other superchargers. The Jackson Racing kit is the most proven track kit on the market.
JDMChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2016, 02:59 PM   #3782
CSG Mike

Drives: S2000 CR
Thanked 14,166 Times in 6,828 Posts
Mentioned: 966 Post(s)
Tagged: 14 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by klear View Post
Is this the kit to get for a car that sees regular track use? My biggest worry is the heat problems with forced induction and I keep coming back to this kit.
It's been tried and proven in the California desert in ambient temps over 120F. I think it will be just fine in AZ; we've done several cars for AZ customers who have either flown a CSG member out, or driven the car to CSG for installation.
CSG Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2016, 05:28 PM   #3783
arren123

Drives: 2013 BRZ (RIP), now 2017 BRZ
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bramick View Post
I saved myself the grief and ordered the Ptuning washer fluid reservoir. Now there's plenty of room.
I installed the Ptuning washer fluid reservoir and it did fix the bumper gap on the side for me, but the way the hose was routed it caused a small gap under the driver headlight. Something in that area is putting pressure on the bumper.

I'm not sure if it's the way the hose is routed or if it is because I put a zip tie through the tab in the headlight bumper support. Anyone know if that tab is functional?

I wanted to route the hose behind the charge pipe, but then the hose would dip down like a P trap underneath a sink.

Anyway, the gap under the headlight isn't very noticeable unless you are looking for it. I think I would've ordered the S12-12B-WR1 Kraftwerks bottle if I had known.

Aside from the minor bumper issue, the supercharger is just what I was looking for. NO heat issues like a turbo and there is no risk of burning or melting anything. I can still use my a/c without the engine overheating. I wasn't looking for crazy HP. The power it has now is just right.

I bought my kit directly from Jackson Racing and they have been great! I had an issue where the high performance PCV valve was defective and split in two pieces. Weird right? They shipped a replacement the same day. No hassles.
Attached Images

arren123 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to arren123 For This Useful Post:
CSG Mike (11-16-2016), CxG (03-28-2018)
Old 11-15-2016, 05:46 PM   #3784
86Tony

Drives: 2015 AOZORA EDITION
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
anyone kno if the apr brake duct kit for brz will work with the supercharger?
86Tony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2016, 10:51 PM   #3785
Zenkicoyote

Drives: 2015 supercharged frs
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Hey anyone out there get a system running to rich bank 1?
theses are the codes

p0172 , p117b, c1201

tried cleaning my maf and it worked fine for a bit but after a while they came back on...
any hints?
Zenkicoyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2016, 01:38 AM   #3786
CSG Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86Tony View Post
anyone kno if the apr brake duct kit for brz will work with the supercharger?
It will, but you do need to route the brake ducting around charge pipes. Not a big issue.
Old 11-16-2016, 01:38 AM   #3787
CSG Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenkicoyote View Post
Hey anyone out there get a system running to rich bank 1?
theses are the codes

p0172 , p117b, c1201

tried cleaning my maf and it worked fine for a bit but after a while they came back on...
any hints?
Check for vacuum leaks.
Old 11-16-2016, 08:49 AM   #3788
Bramick

Drives: 2013 BRZ Limited M/T
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by arren123 View Post
I installed the Ptuning washer fluid reservoir and it did fix the bumper gap on the side for me, but the way the hose was routed it caused a small gap under the driver headlight. Something in that area is putting pressure on the bumper.

I'm not sure if it's the way the hose is routed or if it is because I put a zip tie through the tab in the headlight bumper support. Anyone know if that tab is functional?

I wanted to route the hose behind the charge pipe, but then the hose would dip down like a P trap underneath a sink.

Anyway, the gap under the headlight isn't very noticeable unless you are looking for it. I think I would've ordered the S12-12B-WR1 Kraftwerks bottle if I had known.

Aside from the minor bumper issue, the supercharger is just what I was looking for. NO heat issues like a turbo and there is no risk of burning or melting anything. I can still use my a/c without the engine overheating. I wasn't looking for crazy HP. The power it has now is just right.

I bought my kit directly from Jackson Racing and they have been great! I had an issue where the high performance PCV valve was defective and split in two pieces. Weird right? They shipped a replacement the same day. No hassles.
I went under the intercooler pipe
arren123 (11-17-2016)
Old 11-16-2016, 05:47 PM   #3789
Riftur

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
These questions have probably been answered somewhere in this thread but its to long to find everything. I have no experience with SC's so sorry for the newb questions. I have a 2013 FRS AT with OFT and a drop in K&N air filter.

1. How many miles would one expect to get from this SC before it needs a rebuild and how much does that cost?
2. Is this the best one for a DD? I am more worried about reliability than the power it makes since I don't track the car.
3. If there is a catastrophic failure of the SC is there anything in place to save the engine?
4. Everything I have read says all the components in the car can handle up to 300hp. What seems to fail and should I upgrade those components when I have the SC installed to avoid headaches later?
5. Does the OFT i currently have work with the SC or do I need the Ecutech chip?
6. How long does the engine seem to last before it needs to be rebuilt? I drive it hard but don't race it. Just looking for an estimate since i know there are tons of variables that contribute to this.

Thanks for the help in advance.
Riftur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2016, 06:05 PM   #3790
wbradley
Sarcastic SOB

Drives: '13 FR-S M6, '23 Volvo V60 CC
Thanked 2,841 Times in 1,632 Posts
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riftur View Post
These questions have probably been answered somewhere in this thread but its to long to find everything. I have no experience with SC's so sorry for the newb questions. I have a 2013 FRS AT with OFT and a drop in K&N air filter.

1. How many miles would one expect to get from this SC before it needs a rebuild and how much does that cost?
2. Is this the best one for a DD? I am more worried about reliability than the power it makes since I don't track the car.
3. If there is a catastrophic failure of the SC is there anything in place to save the engine?
4. Everything I have read says all the components in the car can handle up to 300hp. What seems to fail and should I upgrade those components when I have the SC installed to avoid headaches later?
5. Does the OFT i currently have work with the SC or do I need the Ecutech chip?
6. How long does the engine seem to last before it needs to be rebuilt? I drive it hard but don't race it. Just looking for an estimate since i know there are tons of variables that contribute to this.

I suggest google each of those questions or do a lot of reading here. A lot of the things you asked are difficult to provide a definite answer for, mostly educated guess stuff. The forum search function is useless.
5:AD kit, HKS V1+ S/C, ECUtek dyno'd, Ohlins MP20, Magnaflow cb, Revworks UEL, Topspeed overpipe, Pinnacle Ceramic tint, VG shark fin, HID's, yellow DRL's, full LEDs, red floor lights, Homelink mirror, trunk lid liner, Perrin LWCP, Valenti smoked, Flossy Grip Tape Shorty, GT86 plaque, lighted vanity mirror, Michelin PSS, Project mU +800, DOT4 fluid, 720 Form GTF1 17x8&9, stitched leather bits, EZ valve.
wbradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2016, 09:46 PM   #3791
CSG Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riftur View Post

1. That depends highly on your own driving habits. If you're trying to set land speed records, you probably won't have as long a life as someone who just wants a power bump on their daily driver
2. It's the most proven system on the market
3. The entire intercooler system
4. You don't need to upgrade any engine internals for the supercharger it in factory sypplied form.
5. You will need an Ecutek tune.
6. Same as #1.
The Following User Says Thank You to CSG Mike For This Useful Post:
Riftur (11-19-2016)
Old 11-28-2016, 12:28 PM   #3792
X Factor

Drives: 2013 Red BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Is it OK to drive after install without a tune? Reason I ask is the tuner I prefer to use is 3 hours away.
X Factor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 12:49 PM   #3793
Phantobe

Drives: 14 Ultramarine FR-S
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
Is it OK to drive after install without a tune? Reason I ask is the tuner I prefer to use is 3 hours away.
Trailer it or just use the CARB tune if you can get your hands on it.

2014 Ultramarine Scion FR-S
2000 Integra LS - SOLD
Phantobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 12:57 PM   #3794
CSG Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
Trailer/tow it.