follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Wheels | Tires | Spacers | Hub -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Wheels | Tires | Spacers | Hub -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack Specific topics relating to wheels and tires.

User Tag List

Old 09-18-2016, 05:14 PM   #15
Shinchu

Drives: 2016 FR-S Asphault MT
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by caschnd1 View Post
You can get TPMS that can be cloned to match your OEM sensors. This will give you two sets of identical TPMS that require no reprogramming when you swap wheels.

-Craig
Any more info on this?

I will be drifting and swapping wheels around so much i will lose track and the light wont really bother me but would just be nice to not worry about it. I do check my pressures manually since my dealer decided it would be cool to give me the car with like 45 psi at all 4 when i bought the car. I keep a digital tire slime gauge with me. Handy little guy!

About to pull the trigger on some new sheels and cant decide if i want valve stems or more tpms units. Bleh. Wish it had the abs style sensor like my accord.

http://www.poweredbymax.net/
Shinchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 12:11 PM   #16
JoeShaft

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmastereal View Post
I have the ATEQ. Seemed like a tool worth the cost. Use it twice a year to keep TPMS in sync.
Which ATEQ tool will work for this? I'm looking at buying some winter/all-season wheels & tires. I saw the tool options on tirerack.com. The $2000 tool seemed like it would be excessive for my needs?
Old 09-21-2016, 12:24 PM   #17
nmastereal

Drives: BRZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeShaft View Post
Which ATEQ tool will work for this? I'm looking at buying some winter/all-season wheels & tires. I saw the tool options on tirerack.com. The $2000 tool seemed like it would be excessive for my needs?
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
nmastereal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 12:26 PM   #18
nmastereal

Drives: BRZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinchu View Post
Any more info on this?

I will be drifting and swapping wheels around so much i will lose track and the light wont really bother me but would just be nice to not worry about it. I do check my pressures manually since my dealer decided it would be cool to give me the car with like 45 psi at all 4 when i bought the car. I keep a digital tire slime gauge with me. Handy little guy!

About to pull the trigger on some new sheels and cant decide if i want valve stems or more tpms units. Bleh. Wish it had the abs style sensor like my accord.
You use this https://www.amazon.com/Standard-Igni.../dp/B008479YYY with the ATEQ tool to read out existing sensor ids.
nmastereal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 12:29 PM   #19
JoeShaft

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmastereal View Post
Awesome, thanks.
Old 09-30-2016, 04:28 PM   #20
caschnd1

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinchu View Post
Any more info on this?

@Shinchu, one of the easiest ways to do this is to use clonemytpms.com. If you buy 4 clonable TPMS from them, for an additional $20 they will rent you a scanning tool. You use the scanning tool to get the ID of each of your factory TPMS. You return the tool to them along with the rented scanning tool and they will program the 4 clonable TPMS sensors with the IDs for your factory TPMS and ship them to you. You then have the cloned TPMS installed in your second set of wheels/tires and you can swap without getting a TPMS light.

-Craig
The Following User Says Thank You to caschnd1 For This Useful Post:
Keenercarguy (01-26-2017)
Old 11-23-2016, 08:51 PM   #21
cjny

Drives: 2016 BRZ
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjny View Post
Carista says they are developing this capability and it is currently in beta testing. They offered to let me participate, so we'll see.
Finally put the snow tires on the car so a follow-up is in order. Carista with the beta version of the Android app managed to reset the TPMS system. It gave an error that seemed to indicate that it wasn't going to work, but in the end the new codes were successfully entered.

Getting the beta version will probably require contacting Carista. I emailed them asking if the standard app would do the job. They said that they have a beta version that should be able to do it and asked if I wanted to try it.
cjny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 07:05 AM   #22
AdamIsAdam

Drives: 2013 BRZ Premium
Quote:
Originally Posted by caschnd1 View Post
@Shinchu, one of the easiest ways to do this is to use clonemytpms.com. If you buy 4 clonable TPMS from them, for an additional $20 they will rent you a scanning tool. You use the scanning tool to get the ID of each of your factory TPMS. You return the tool to them along with the rented scanning tool and they will program the 4 clonable TPMS sensors with the IDs for your factory TPMS and ship them to you. You then have the cloned TPMS installed in your second set of wheels/tires and you can swap without getting a TPMS light.

-Craig
This seems like a great solution. Cloning one set of TPMS. Any long term feedback on using cloned TPMS sensors?

I'm looking to run two sets of OEM wheels and tires for snows. This is my first car that doesn't automatically learn the new sensors. Annoying.
AdamIsAdam is offline   Reply With Quote