follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Forced Induction

Forced Induction Turbo, Supercharger, Methanol, Nitrous

User Tag List

Old 04-15-2014, 11:59 AM   #715
King Tut
NASA SpecE30 Racer

Drives: 2006 Honda S2000
Thanked 5,759 Times in 3,055 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
Tagged: 10 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to King Tut
Quote:
Originally Posted by sw20kosh View Post
I'd recommend @jamesm. This guy knows his stuff. That's all I'm gonna say.
While I like recommending HRI Tuning as much as anyone, he is up in the Bob @Drift-Office area, and I always think face time and in person tuning is the way to go.
Old 04-15-2014, 12:20 PM   #716
glamcem

Drives: 2022 BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by grostoine View Post
Well, yesterday I was finally about to get my car started with the kit and tuned but this is how it ends very rapidly. My tuner @LachutePerformance called me at 2PM to tell me he started the car and heard a verrrryyyy weird noise from the mecanic part of the Rotrex. So I did the 1h30 trip right away to see what's going on. Everything was made by the book. The oil was correclty circulating. And then oil started to spit from the backing plate. When I watched there were Oil on my skidplate. Something was clearly not going right so I removed the strap and took the car back home. That's what I discovered...

I will post a video of the sound later. Hope this is warrantied...

EDIT: Here is the video.

Interesting, keep us updated
glamcem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 12:31 PM   #717
KraftWerks

Drives: Kraftwerks BRZ
Mentioned: 138 Post(s)
We're in contact with @grostoine and we are in the process of getting things worked out.
KraftWerks is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to KraftWerks For This Useful Post:
Calum (04-15-2014), Freeman (04-15-2014), glamcem (04-15-2014), mxsled (04-15-2014), PRORICAN (04-15-2014), Ralph Spoilsport (04-15-2014), WatchmaN (04-15-2014)
Old 04-15-2014, 12:35 PM   #718
dirtymax
Gold Member

Drives: 14' SWP BRZ MT limited
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Well, yesterday I was finally about to get my car started with the kit and tuned but this is how it ends very rapidly. My tuner @LachutePerformance called me at 2PM to tell me he started the car and heard a verrrryyyy weird noise from the mecanic part of the Rotrex. So I did the 1h30 trip right away to see what's going on. Everything was made by the book. The oil was correclty circulating. And then oil started to spit from the backing plate. When I watched there were Oil on my skidplate. Something was clearly not going right so I removed the strap and took the car back home. That's what I discovered...

I will post a video of the sound later. Hope this is warrantied...

EDIT: Here is the video.

That would have to be covered. Must have been wrong from the factory. It happens.

I had a stage 2 Garrett turbo put on a v8, total pain in the ass, and at first start up in poured oil out the exhaust. No rear seal. Luckly being a diesel it didnt leak into the intake or I'd be replacing a run away motor.
dirtymax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 03:56 PM   #719
WatchmaN

Drives: the girls crazy
Quote:
Originally Posted by KraftWerks View Post
We're in contact with @grostoine and we are in the process of getting things worked out.

Good let see that customer service in action.
Vortech SC(314hp/226tq), Perrin pully, Tanabe strut tower bar, Perrin exhaust, LP Tune, hsd coilovers, DTC-60 fr, hp+rear),track rubber RS3 and Continental :-), Forester oem oil cooler,Custom brake cooling kit. Driveway lab rear diffuser, Wasp front spliter, TRD canard/fenders.
WatchmaN is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WatchmaN For This Useful Post:
grostoine (04-15-2014), Mad1723 (04-15-2014)
Old 04-15-2014, 05:20 PM   #720
grostoine

Drives: Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchmaN View Post
Good let see that customer service in action.
They tell me they answer my e-mail but it seems there is a big delay before to receive that email .
grostoine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 05:50 PM   #721
Freeman

Drives: 2013 Ultramarine FR-S
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
They tell me they answer my e-mail but it seems there is a big delay before to receive that email .
Call them?
Freeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 06:07 PM   #722
WatchmaN

Drives: the girls crazy
Common @KraftWerks don't let us future buyers down
Vortech SC(314hp/226tq), Perrin pully, Tanabe strut tower bar, Perrin exhaust, LP Tune, hsd coilovers, DTC-60 fr, hp+rear),track rubber RS3 and Continental :-), Forester oem oil cooler,Custom brake cooling kit. Driveway lab rear diffuser, Wasp front spliter, TRD canard/fenders.
WatchmaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 07:00 PM   #723
FirestormFRS

Drives: 2013 FR-S
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Today's "right now" mentality is amazing. Dude posted his issue at 9 and you guys are harping on KW already. Give em time ffs.
FirestormFRS is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to FirestormFRS For This Useful Post:
Calum (04-15-2014), Freeman (04-15-2014), glamcem (04-16-2014), KraftWerks (04-16-2014)
Old 04-15-2014, 07:25 PM   #724
grostoine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeman View Post
Call them?
I did 3 times

I give them times! It's just weird that I does not receive their email... I don't blame them...
The Following User Says Thank You to grostoine For This Useful Post:
JOSEC (12-29-2014)
Old 04-15-2014, 07:40 PM   #725
Calum
That Guy

Drives: 2013 asphalt FRS MT
Thanked 2,867 Times in 1,499 Posts
Mentioned: 82 Post(s)
Quote:
snip
This shouldn't have been posted until KW had an honest chance to make it right. There is no point to that post. It only serves to sensationalize a very small issue. It's just a bad seal, or it was.

Now people are going to be hauling out their pitch forks, looking to blame someone. Instead of that, we should be thinking about what, 'make it right' means in this situation. KW didn't install that seal, that's Rotrex's fault. And nobody should be pulling out the pitch forks on Rotrex either. No company's QA is perfect. None of us would pay the money that Rotrex would need to have 100% perfect QA.

Next up, will Rotrex reimburse KW based on nothing but pictures? Maybe, maybe not. If they don't then KW has to wait until they receive this compressor before they can send a new one out.

Then there's the border and customs, even if KW is able to ship a new compressor out today, I'd be surprised if it got to Quebec before the end of next week without paying hundreds for shipping. Should KW be expected to foot that bill just because grostoine didn't wait, and now they have to worry about the mod mentality?

Finally, would the bearings be destroyed (from the sounds of the video) if Lachute Performance had been professional enough to tell him not to run it, that it's likely just a bad seal and is fixable? Should KW or Rotrex be held responsible for the installer not checking for leaks sufficiently?

All in all, I think posting those pictures and video before KW even had a chance to wake up today was low. Like fox news covering a dead child low. Gorstoine, I hope everything works out for you. But I also hope people can leave their pitch forks in the corner and wait for the real assholes like Toni and John.

Last edited by Calum; 04-15-2014 at 07:59 PM.
Calum is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Calum For This Useful Post:
AllDayJonRay (04-15-2014), industrial (04-16-2014)
Old 04-15-2014, 09:42 PM   #726
grostoine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calum View Post
Long post.
The purpose of the picture and video shown was not to blame anyone. I'm am not hauling at all. If people do they are wrong. I just wanted to show what was hapening with my kit. Not to blame ANYONE.

I'm worried because Kraftwerks tell me they answer me but I don't have any new e-mail in my box. This is not their fault at all. It's frutrating because all I want is an answer to know what is next. From then, I'm pretty sure Kraftwerks will handle this issue pretty well. If they tell me that it will take 2 months to investigate, well I will be fixed and will have to wait. All I wan't is to be fixed...

For the Rotrex, I've never run it. Lachute Performance did tell me not to run it as long as the car was not at their shop. It was the first time the rotrex had the belt and the oil in the system at Lachute Performance shop. Right after the procedure to fill the systeme they started the car and it was making this sound. The oil was circulating like it was supposed to. They call me right away and I went there to take the car back. I came back home without the belt... They did not even touch it before I came. The video was right when I arrived.

I don't understand why you telling me that my post was low... Right after Lachute called me, I called Kraftwerks so they already know before this morning and was already taking care of it. That's why I post this.

And I'm with you, people should stay calm and not starting to haul for nothing. At the end someone will have to pay to complete my kit. Me or KW or Rotrex, at the end, I want my kit to be completly working. All I want is to be fixed quickly.

BTW, I'm not the kind of guy who is doing low things... The purpose of my post was to share what was hapenning with my kit. Never I mentioned Kraftwerks to be a$$?&@ or that they did not answer me at all...

EDIT. I just received the e-mail from kraftwerks. SO before people start to haul for nothing, they handle my issue VERY WELL and i'm a 100% satisfied client.

Last edited by grostoine; 04-15-2014 at 10:11 PM.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to grostoine For This Useful Post:
djdnz (04-16-2014), glamcem (04-16-2014), mxsled (04-15-2014), WatchmaN (04-16-2014)
Old 04-15-2014, 10:17 PM   #727
grostoine

Quote:
Originally Posted by normancw View Post
Check your spam folder - my Gmail and Yahoo Mail have mistakenly marked some valid emails as spam.
I did check and finally received the email. For some reason, there is a big dealay. I don't know why ...

Kraftwerks handle my issue very well!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to grostoine For This Useful Post:
glamcem (04-16-2014), Ralph Spoilsport (04-16-2014), WatchmaN (04-16-2014), Zach3794 (04-15-2014)
Old 04-15-2014, 10:41 PM   #728
KraftWerks

Drives: Kraftwerks BRZ
Mentioned: 138 Post(s)
Quote:
I did check and finally received the email. For some reason, there is a big dealay. I don't know why ...

Kraftwerks handle my issue very well!
Glad everything is good! We always trying to move as fast as we can.

Why you shouldn't worry so quickly when dealing with Kraftwerks:
I'm personally responding to this from home, my 8-5 work day was over hours ago. We are not a small 3 person backyard shop. We receive heavy amounts of phone calls, emails, regarding sales, tech support, dealers, etc. Everyone has a job to keep both the business running and the customers happy.

Please understand, we answer emails and messages in the order received. If you are thorough in your email with your questions, issue, purchase or concerns we can proceed quicker. After we provide a response, your email goes to the back of the line as every customers email is equally important. Pictures are also very helpful. Please recognize you may not be the only person that has to speak with us at that exact moment. Our emails also may not be instant due to company web securities or spam mail.

Now, if you are calling and not getting a hold of a person we might be in in the lobby helping a walk in customer, in the warehouse putting your order together, or with R&D for information we do not have at our finger tips, or we're on the other line. We can assure you we are not out having drinks with buddies at 2:00pm on a Tuesday, or hanging out in the shop messing with our own cars, while you are in need of service.

We're closed for the night to eat, see our spouses or families, and sleep so we can be in the office by 8:00am to do it all over again.

-Goodnight Everyone
KraftWerks is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to KraftWerks For This Useful Post:
digital_assassin (04-15-2014), glamcem (04-16-2014), grostoine (04-15-2014), kidgogeta (04-17-2014), kuhlka (04-15-2014), Model Citizen (04-16-2014), mxsled (04-15-2014), OjiGeorge (04-16-2014), WatchmaN (04-16-2014)