follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
FT86 Motorsports
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Scion FR-S Forum | Subaru BRZ Forum | Toyota 86 GT 86 Forum | AS1 Forum - FT86CLUB > Off-Topic Discussions > Off-Topic Lounge

Off-Topic Lounge For all off-topic discussion topics.

User Tag List
ハチロク, -Phil, 00smitty, 00vsmcoupe, 07jazzrs5gt86, 10Stars, 13wrxnoob, 1Cor10:23, 1GiantTurtle, 2.superslownj, 7thgear, 808BRZ, 86ft.lb, 86fun, 86SPEED, 86Tony, 86_Freak, 8R6, 904FRSlow, 95BRZ, aaabbbccc, Aaron73, Aaronimoe, acetothermus, acro

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-08-2016, 09:01 PM   #36023
go_a_way1
Not Bаnned Anymore
 
go_a_way1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Drives: Heavily Modified FRS
Location: Calgary, AB
Posts: 9,825
Thanks: 14,918
Thanked 8,261 Times in 4,794 Posts
Mentioned: 353 Post(s)
Tagged: 374 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tectoniic View Post
There is nothing wrong with nos if you do it legit. If you don't want to go fulltime FI it is a great alternative
Yeah thats what I was thinking. I want to go FI but will never really use it. I like the idea of nos cuz its unique and not many people do it anymore. Plus I go to alot of car meets so it would be a good conversation starter
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1GiantTurtle View Post
This thread got de-railed quick now it's just about Penis guitars
go_a_way1 is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to go_a_way1 For This Useful Post:
new2subaru (02-08-2016), Tectoniic (02-08-2016)
Old 02-08-2016, 10:28 PM   #36024
MrFisty
The Fistiest
 
MrFisty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Drives: 2013 Argento FR-S
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 907
Thanks: 2,953
Thanked 748 Times in 457 Posts
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 6 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by go_a_way1 View Post
@MisterSheep, what do you think of me adding nitrous oxide to my build? I kinda want to have it just for shits and giggles and to feel more fast and furious lol


DO IT! DO IT! DO IT!

Peope hate on nitrus because so many kids with mustangs and hondas want to throw it on there andtake it straight to the track, but there are actually non-drag racing builds that utilize nitrous. Chelsea DeNofa's formula drift BMW is a turbo/nitrous car.

I support you %100.
MrFisty is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to MrFisty For This Useful Post:
go_a_way1 (02-08-2016)
Old 02-08-2016, 10:54 PM   #36025
new2subaru
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Drives: 15 FR-S
Location: Ontario
Posts: 1,295
Thanks: 2,998
Thanked 1,242 Times in 717 Posts
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by go_a_way1 View Post
Yeah thats what I was thinking. I want to go FI but will never really use it. I like the idea of nos cuz its unique and not many people do it anymore. Plus I go to alot of car meets so it would be a good conversation starter
Is it legal or illegal in Alberta?

It's illegal here but as long as the bottles are turned off you can't get fined.
new2subaru is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to new2subaru For This Useful Post:
go_a_way1 (02-08-2016)
Old 02-08-2016, 10:57 PM   #36026
go_a_way1
Not Bаnned Anymore
 
go_a_way1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Drives: Heavily Modified FRS
Location: Calgary, AB
Posts: 9,825
Thanks: 14,918
Thanked 8,261 Times in 4,794 Posts
Mentioned: 353 Post(s)
Tagged: 374 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFisty View Post
DO IT! DO IT! DO IT!

Peope hate on nitrus because so many kids with mustangs and hondas want to throw it on there andtake it straight to the track, but there are actually non-drag racing builds that utilize nitrous. Chelsea DeNofa's formula drift BMW is a turbo/nitrous car.

I support you %100.
Awesome I am doing research on how I want to install it but I already picked everything I am going to start with if I go this route. I just really need to pick where to mount the tank and how to run the lines. I was thinking maybe under the glove box in the passenger footwell it's gona cost me at least 1k USD in parts and the weak Canadian dollar makes this so much more expensive :/

I just think a 35-50 (50 might be pushing it) shot every now and then coming out of a epic conner would just be good fun. Or when the honda SI needs to be put in its place at the track haha.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1GiantTurtle View Post
This thread got de-railed quick now it's just about Penis guitars
go_a_way1 is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to go_a_way1 For This Useful Post:
MrFisty (02-08-2016)
Old 02-08-2016, 10:58 PM   #36027
Packofcrows
hey you, yeah you <3
 
Packofcrows's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Drives: 2014 37J FR-S
Location: Monterey County, CA
Posts: 2,666
Thanks: 869
Thanked 1,194 Times in 781 Posts
Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Had a burger but the fries were nasty.... urgh
__________________
Got my TRD wheels and TRD louvers. Thanks!!!
Packofcrows is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Packofcrows For This Useful Post:
go_a_way1 (02-08-2016), MrFisty (02-08-2016)
Old 02-08-2016, 10:59 PM   #36028
go_a_way1
Not Bаnned Anymore
 
go_a_way1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Drives: Heavily Modified FRS
Location: Calgary, AB
Posts: 9,825
Thanks: 14,918
Thanked 8,261 Times in 4,794 Posts
Mentioned: 353 Post(s)
Tagged: 374 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by new2subaru View Post
Is it legal or illegal in Alberta?

It's illegal here but as long as the bottles are turned off you can't get fined.
Its totally legal I looked into that. Rules are it has to be purged and lines disconnected (for somewhere the driver cant reconnect it) driving on public roads.

Edit: I should add my car is already so illegal they will probably impound it if I piss the cops off. So far I have been pulled over a few times and got off the hook lol
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1GiantTurtle View Post
This thread got de-railed quick now it's just about Penis guitars
go_a_way1 is offline  
Old 02-08-2016, 11:09 PM   #36029
new2subaru
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Drives: 15 FR-S
Location: Ontario
Posts: 1,295
Thanks: 2,998
Thanked 1,242 Times in 717 Posts
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by go_a_way1 View Post
Its totally legal I looked into that. Rules are it has to be purged and lines disconnected (for somewhere the driver cant reconnect it) driving on public roads.

Edit: I should add my car is already so illegal they will probably impound it if I piss the cops off. So far I have been pulled over a few times and got off the hook lol
Soooo, it's legal if it isn't hooked up lol

I don't really give a shit about minor legalities right now...

I doubt you will piss them off or you would have been nailed already.
new2subaru is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to new2subaru For This Useful Post:
go_a_way1 (02-08-2016)
Old 02-08-2016, 11:15 PM   #36030
go_a_way1
Not Bаnned Anymore
 
go_a_way1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Drives: Heavily Modified FRS
Location: Calgary, AB
Posts: 9,825
Thanks: 14,918
Thanked 8,261 Times in 4,794 Posts
Mentioned: 353 Post(s)
Tagged: 374 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by new2subaru View Post
Soooo, it's legal if it isn't hooked up lol

I don't really give a shit about minor legalities right now...

I doubt you will piss them off or you would have been nailed already.
Yeah lol TBH I will probably leave it unhooked 95% of the time as I don't need to be wasting NO2 all the time lol. I also think it will be fun to purge at lights and shit to scare the mustang guys lmao!! I really want to do this now just cuz I can
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1GiantTurtle View Post
This thread got de-railed quick now it's just about Penis guitars
go_a_way1 is offline  
Old 02-08-2016, 11:23 PM   #36031
new2subaru
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Drives: 15 FR-S
Location: Ontario
Posts: 1,295
Thanks: 2,998
Thanked 1,242 Times in 717 Posts
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by go_a_way1 View Post
Yeah lol TBH I will probably leave it unhooked 95% of the time as I don't need to be wasting NO2 all the time lol. I also think it will be fun to purge at lights and shit to scare the mustang guys lmao!! I really want to do this now just cuz I can
I'm leaning the same way and would probably have it off 95% + of the time too.

But, that few percent could be fun!
new2subaru is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to new2subaru For This Useful Post:
go_a_way1 (02-08-2016)
Old 02-08-2016, 11:35 PM   #36032
go_a_way1
Not Bаnned Anymore
 
go_a_way1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Drives: Heavily Modified FRS
Location: Calgary, AB
Posts: 9,825
Thanks: 14,918
Thanked 8,261 Times in 4,794 Posts
Mentioned: 353 Post(s)
Tagged: 374 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by new2subaru View Post
I'm leaning the same way and would probably have it off 95% + of the time too.

But, that few percent could be fun!
Alright so far I need the kit with a 15lb bottle $800USD, Purge kit $150 USD, and a RPM window switch thats $200USD. So the bare minimum total I will be willing to do is $1150USD plus shipping and I will have to install myself to save some money. Dam thats a lot for a little fun lol. I could just buy a 4.88 FD hmm.

Edit: do you really think I will need gauges? I have my oil temp and like it the way it is, I dont want to spend $300 on a gauge and have to find another mount for it.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1GiantTurtle View Post
This thread got de-railed quick now it's just about Penis guitars
go_a_way1 is offline  
Old 02-08-2016, 11:37 PM   #36033
MrFisty
The Fistiest
 
MrFisty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Drives: 2013 Argento FR-S
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 907
Thanks: 2,953
Thanked 748 Times in 457 Posts
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 6 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by go_a_way1 View Post
Awesome I am doing research on how I want to install it but I already picked everything I am going to start with if I go this route. I just really need to pick where to mount the tank and how to run the lines. I was thinking maybe under the glove box in the passenger footwell it's gona cost me at least 1k USD in parts and the weak Canadian dollar makes this so much more expensive :/

I just think a 35-50 (50 might be pushing it) shot every now and then coming out of a epic conner would just be good fun. Or when the honda SI needs to be put in its place at the track haha.
Just put it in the useless backseats.
MrFisty is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to MrFisty For This Useful Post:
babydriver (02-09-2016)
Old 02-08-2016, 11:39 PM   #36034
go_a_way1
Not Bаnned Anymore
 
go_a_way1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Drives: Heavily Modified FRS
Location: Calgary, AB
Posts: 9,825
Thanks: 14,918
Thanked 8,261 Times in 4,794 Posts
Mentioned: 353 Post(s)
Tagged: 374 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFisty View Post
Just put it in the useless backseats.
I don't want to cut anything you can see so I am going for a super clean install.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1GiantTurtle View Post
This thread got de-railed quick now it's just about Penis guitars
go_a_way1 is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to go_a_way1 For This Useful Post:
MrFisty (02-08-2016)
Old 02-08-2016, 11:50 PM   #36035
new2subaru
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Drives: 15 FR-S
Location: Ontario
Posts: 1,295
Thanks: 2,998
Thanked 1,242 Times in 717 Posts
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by go_a_way1 View Post
Alright so far I need the kit with a 15lb bottle $800USD, Purge kit $150 USD, and a RPM window switch thats $200USD. So the bare minimum total I will be willing to do is $1150USD plus shipping and I will have to install myself to save some money. Dam thats a lot for a little fun lol. I could just buy a 4.88 FD hmm.

Edit: do you really think I will need gauges? I have my oil temp and like it the way it is, I dont want to spend $300 on a gauge and have to find another mount for it.
I'm still researching and my plan so far is;

Header, 4.88 FD, weight loss, maybe Nitrous Oxide or SC and hope I don't have to move too far backwards lol.

I have no doubt I will burn some cash along the way.
new2subaru is offline  
Old 02-08-2016, 11:57 PM   #36036
go_a_way1
Not Bаnned Anymore
 
go_a_way1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Drives: Heavily Modified FRS
Location: Calgary, AB
Posts: 9,825
Thanks: 14,918
Thanked 8,261 Times in 4,794 Posts
Mentioned: 353 Post(s)
Tagged: 374 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by new2subaru View Post
I'm still researching and my plan so far is;

Header, 4.88 FD, weight loss, maybe Nitrous Oxide or SC and hope I don't have to move too far backwards lol.

I have no doubt I will burn some cash along the way.
I have already burned a hell of a lot of money. It makes this NO2 look cheap to do lol!! I think I should go this route to help get more info on it for the community. I did read a thread about a guy blowing up his car on a 100shot when his clutch slipped, good thing I got a AT Header and tune does make a big difference.

Well I sent NX a email with the parts I was looking at to make sure it will all work. Time to sleep on it and see if I really want to go this route
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1GiantTurtle View Post
This thread got de-railed quick now it's just about Penis guitars
go_a_way1 is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to go_a_way1 For This Useful Post:
new2subaru (02-09-2016)
Closed Thread

Tags
221whp, :popcorn:, autobahnned, bringbackthebutts, brucelee, chucknorris, cutiepiepoppoppocorn, docking and snoodling, don'tbesadintotheocean, epic funnies, everyoneignoresmyposts, fuck yeah, funny thread tag, go_a_way1 was here, go_a_waycopiedspecialk, hey youse guys!, hoonigans, i am supreme., i like chocolate milk, i like to poop a lot, i like turtles, ichitaco, insertjokehere, invadethistread39erstyle, kr-s have my babies, kr-s is a faaggot, kr-s is a loser, mythbeliever, myunclesaid..., only the strong survive, postheredontbotherashrink, rules_of_nature, sklimo liked it, skylineislyfe, special_k was here, tagageddon 2016, thetagofreason, titsorgtfo, troz, whathappenedtothetags?

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
h6 swapouts? any thoughts or advice? f1ver Subaru BRZ General Forum 53 11-22-2014 12:46 AM
Aspera's thoughts on AWD/RWD... aspera Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum 89 11-16-2013 03:55 PM
random casual discussion on dynamic brakes serialk11r Other Vehicles & General Automotive Discussions 4 07-16-2012 09:34 PM
The "if you wanna kiss the backside of white musicians make a thread about it" Thread aliphian Off-Topic Lounge 8 12-19-2011 08:59 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:57 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.