follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Xero Limit
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Scion FR-S Forum | Subaru BRZ Forum | Toyota 86 GT 86 Forum | AS1 Forum - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Electronics | Audio | NAV | Infotainment

Electronics | Audio | NAV | Infotainment Anything related to in-car electronics, navigation, and infotainment.

User Tag List

Old 07-14-2017, 01:51 AM   #29
Scourge
Agent 86

Drives: 2017 Toyota 86
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorico View Post
its possible, i actually have seen a corolla with a custom screen (they obviously have the same unit) I can't remember where i found this but i copied and pasted it to my icloud, but i changed my headunit. Glad I saved it. SO here goes

Here's how to change the startup image on the entune nav:
Load a usb device, such as a flash drive with the image of your choice. The images file name, including the file extension, can be up to 32 characters. Name the image without spaces or strange characters. When saving the images to a USB, name the folder that the startup image is saved to “StartupImage” and name the folder that the screen off image is saved to “DisplayOffImage”. If these folder names are not used, the navigation system cannot download the images. (The folder names are case sensitive.)
The images file extension is JPG or JPEG. Image files of 10MB or less can be saved.
Up to 3 images can be downloaded. Plug the flash drive into your car usb port.
On the entune nav system:
Press the “SETUP” button
Touch “General” on the “Setup” screen.
Touch “Customize Startup Image”
Touch “Transfer”
Touch “Yes”
You can also delete and switch between screens.
You should now see your new startup screen flash by when the entune system is started each time.

This forum is really starting to suck with the the un helpful replies, sure i can be unhelpful too at times, but those are to people with really stupid questions.
Thanks Lorico... I tried it on my 2017 (head unit looks like 2016 without Scion branding, 2017 is pt546-00170 vs 2016 which was pt546-00160) but no options for that came up.
Scourge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 07:33 PM   #30
sroby

Drives: 2015 Firestorm 08/05/15
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Scourge/Mikeez. I too have a 2015 stock pioneer head unit/ No bespoke/ plain ole stock head unit radio. I would also be interested in doing away with the SCION logo on start up. When I had my unit out installing my back up camera I didn't notice any usb jacks to possibly upload any info. I too have researched this forum and google. Come up with the premium and brz units. nothing for stock. I doubt my dealer has a clue. Any one know of a way, there would probably be a lot of us grateful. Best regards Steve
sroby is offline   Reply With Quote