follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Forced Induction

Forced Induction Turbo, Supercharger, Methanol, Nitrous

User Tag List

Old 06-11-2015, 09:55 AM   #113
Sojhinn
Lightning McQueen Driver

Drives: Limited Red 6MT BRZ
Thanked 1,167 Times in 644 Posts
Mentioned: 77 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAEMANO View Post
I tested it out again tonight. The stall is at idle in 1st gear with the clutch being let go. Basic first gear stall, and the compressor stays on after the car shuts off. I have to turn the key to the off position to get it to shut off. Interesting, right? Can you test yours to see if it does the same?

Can't do anything about this. It will happen with how the Procede and the esc are setup. Just don't stall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Installed Mods:
Phantom Electric Super Charger | Open Flash Tune | Perrin OP/ HFC Front pipe | Invidia Q300 catback | ST Suspension | JDL Header | Flex Fuel
Sojhinn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sojhinn For This Useful Post:
raven1231 (06-11-2015)
Old 06-11-2015, 09:59 AM   #114
Sojhinn
Lightning McQueen Driver

@TM Woot! Thanks bro.

As for the deceleration... I'll work on this. I had this happen to me twice and I think I have an idea on how to fix this. But I'm a little worried it will affect the performance. It may not.

Can you tell me exactly how it happens and I'll look at the Procede map. Or a recording from the oft may help too.

Installed Mods:
Phantom Electric Super Charger | Open Flash Tune | Perrin OP/ HFC Front pipe | Invidia Q300 catback | ST Suspension | JDL Header | Flex Fuel
The Following User Says Thank You to Sojhinn For This Useful Post:
raven1231 (06-11-2015)
Old 06-11-2015, 03:16 PM   #115
TM

Drives: DGM BRZ 6MT
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojhinn View Post
@TMCan you tell me exactly how it happens and I'll look at the Procede map. Or a recording from the oft may help too.
I can't read the tablet on my mac for some reason (but it works with the procede controller), so I'm afraid I can't provide a log right now.

It's more noticeable in lower gears, say 2nd. Just accelerate at partial or WOT with the ESC activated and then let off of the throttle. It doesn't have to be let go instantly, just semi-quickly.
Old 06-11-2015, 03:23 PM   #116
Sojhinn
Lightning McQueen Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by TM View Post
I can't read the tablet on my mac for some reason (but it works with the procede controller), so I'm afraid I can't provide a log right now.

It's more noticeable in lower gears, say 2nd. Just accelerate at partial or WOT with the ESC activated and then let off of the throttle. It doesn't have to be let go instantly, just semi-quickly.

Do you think it's too much boost or not enough?

Installed Mods:
Old 06-11-2015, 04:32 PM   #117
fenton

Drives: 2013 FR-S
Thanked 1,614 Times in 726 Posts
Mentioned: 120 Post(s)
Quote:
Do you think it's too much boost or not enough?

This usually means the brake is not fast enough on the comp....when letting off, the throttle plate closes and if the compressor doesnt brake immediately you end up building boost and it makes the car want to go forward until the compressor shuts off.

When we had the brake not as aggressive in earlier revisions if you went wot and then got off the throttle to decelerate quickly in gear the car would lurch forward until the brake slowed the compressor. Same thing goes if you WOT really quick and then clutch in to neutral.... throttle plate will close and the engine can stall if the compressor runs too long.
fenton is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fenton For This Useful Post:
DAEMANO (06-11-2015), Sojhinn (06-11-2015)
Old 06-11-2015, 05:13 PM   #118
TM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenton View Post
This usually means the brake is not fast enough on the comp....when letting off, the throttle plate closes and if the compressor doesnt brake immediately you end up building boost and it makes the car want to go forward until the compressor shuts off.

When we had the brake not as aggressive in earlier revisions if you went wot and then got off the throttle to decelerate quickly in gear the car would lurch forward until the brake slowed the compressor. Same thing goes if you WOT really quick and then clutch in to neutral.... throttle plate will close and the engine can stall if the compressor runs too long.
Makes sense. Would this be harmful to the compressor if done often? I can see this happening when I activate boost to pass someone on the highway and then letting go after I make the pass. If so, should I have the compressor brakes upgraded?
Old 06-11-2015, 05:15 PM   #119
DAEMANO
Time Traveller

Drives: 2013 Scion FRS - Raven
Thanked 3,416 Times in 1,677 Posts
Mentioned: 87 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Can't do anything about this. It will happen with how the Procede and the esc are setup. Just don't stall.

will look for a solution.
DAEMANO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 06:25 PM   #120
Sojhinn
Lightning McQueen Driver

PROcede ESC User Software!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenton View Post

If this is the issue; There's an easy fix. Shiv had it setup that the esc prespools when shifting gears. We can disable this at lower rpms so that way when you hit the gas and then let off it won't prespool but I'm not sure if we would want to change that for higher rpms.

1 issue though. I don't have my laptop and I'm no where near it for a while (very long while) I can walk someone through it though.
@TM it's not the esc it's the Procede prespoolinf for gear shifts.

Installed Mods:
Old 06-11-2015, 08:00 PM   #121
TM

Garage
What exactly is the procede prespooling? I was under the impression that the compressor is physically moving.

Old 06-11-2015, 09:01 PM   #122
Sojhinn
Lightning McQueen Driver

Quote:
What exactly is the procede prespooling? I was under the impression that the compressor is physically moving.

If you hammer the throttle and then shift gears on the old switch the compressor would come to a stop and then switch back on when you hammered the throttle again. With the Procede when you lift off the gas to shift gears it keeps the esc spooling because it knows you are about to shift.

Problem is when you are in a low gear in traffic.

Installed Mods:
Old 06-11-2015, 09:44 PM   #123
TM

Garage
Yeah, that's what thought you meant when you said it was prespooling. I just misunderstood the last sentence.

So it seems like the prespooling helps when you're actually shifting, but it doesn't know when you're actually about to shift or just letting go of the throttle to decelerate.

Old 06-11-2015, 10:47 PM   #124
Sojhinn
Lightning McQueen Driver

Quote:
Yeah, that's what thought you meant when you said it was prespooling. I just misunderstood the last sentence.

So it seems like the prespooling helps when you're actually shifting, but it doesn't know when you're actually about to shift or just letting go of the throttle to decelerate.

And I think when most of us are having issues is in traffic. I know the two times I did it was when I accelerated to avoid being rear ended and then stopped quickly to not read end someone else. It would be a quick and easy fix for anyone to log into the Procede software to fix though. So let me know if anyone wants to try.

Installed Mods:
Old 06-12-2015, 01:02 AM   #125
TM

Garage
Quote:
If this is the issue; There's an easy fix. Shiv had it setup that the esc prespools when shifting gears. We can disable this at lower rpms so that way when you hit the gas and then let off it won't prespool but I'm not sure if we would want to change that for higher rpms.

1 issue though. I don't have my laptop and I'm no where near it for a while (very long while) I can walk someone through it though.
@TM it's not the esc it's the Procede prespoolinf for gear shifts.

If we disable this at lower rpms, wouldn't the problem still exist at higher rpms? When I was testing the procede map and experienced this, I was always accelerating to near red line then letting off of the throttle.

If you walk me through it, I can try to adjust the map via the software, but I can't be sure when I can test drive the map loaded on my car, though. It's not easy finding street parking these days, and I don't want to lose my spot unless I will be driving for an extended period of time.
Old 06-12-2015, 09:19 AM   #126
Sojhinn
Lightning McQueen Driver

PROcede ESC User Software!

@DAEMANO or @WRB5titch can I walk you guys through it? It will take a few minutes.

We need to modify one row.

Installed Mods: