follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > Southern California

Southern California SoCal

User Tag List

Old 04-25-2014, 05:35 AM   #1
Vincenttam
WtsTofu

Drives: Ultramarine fr-s
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Longo Toyota of El Monte rant and how i got my car (sorta)

So yesterday i brought my car into longo to get an oil change. Was expecting a very quick job. I also asked about the chirping, no big deal. I was able to get rid of it using a specific gas station near my area (mobile.) But i didn't want to limit myself to that place only so i asked. I remember someone saying the fix only took 30 mins or so. The guy told me they would need to inspect the car, and the fix should take no longer than three hours. I was like, ok great, than before i can continue he said that if i chose to do that i would have to leave my car over night to be tested. Told him the whole specific gas staion ordeal but he just kept saying the warranty would cover it for so long. This was all at 2pm. Fast forward 26 hours later and a scion xb from enterprise, they said they're done with my car and they didn't replace or fix anything. Wow, i understand that they're busy and whatever but how long does it take to test a car and figure out it doesn't need to be fix. Not only that but when i dropped my car off i had my windows opened. They must of left the car parked in the back over night with it all down. That or they purposely removed my floor mattes and decided to play duck duck goose inside my car after running the spartan race in size 15 boots. I spent all day today buying things to clean the inside of my car and to vacuum it. The amount i could of spent to oil change the car myself.

Final note, i later on walked to the lexus area, very friendly sales people. They knew i wasn't buying anything but helped my out with some lexus credit card issues, walked me all over to their help desks. Scion/toyota desk guys where very helpful and friendly as well. Only problem i have with this place are the toyota/scion sale people and who ever does the maintenance work. I came here about three times looking for a fr-s before i got one. Know one ever greeted me and when i asked if they were willing to car trade with Huntington beach because they had the ultramarine i wanted, they refused. They said that they're the biggest scion/toyota dealer and didn't need to trade with other places. Fast forward 5 hours later, my dad drove me home in my 2013 ultramarine with the late year early 14 nav, m/t fr-s from cerritos.
Vincenttam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 11:46 AM   #2
mystic

Drives: 2020 BRZ PP CWP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
I've heard nothing but good things from Longo. I'd be tempted to hand over the keys if they told me they can fix the chirps but I've learned to accept it for now because I know there isn't a SET fix for it yet. Once that is announced and is proven to be working for people I refuse to hand my car in. I went for an oil change about a month ago (at Hollywood Scion) and they butchered my car with that free car wash bulsh#t. My seats, door panels and floor mats were dripping with water. I've learned after that not to take my car to the dealer unless I absolutely have no choice. Sorry about your experience man. Did you complain about it to Longo? lol
mystic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 02:01 PM   #3
JS + BRZ
Banned

Drives: 2010 MS3
Thanked 1,161 Times in 597 Posts
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Crickets won't go away with any type of fix at the moment. Don't waste your time.
JS + BRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 10:42 PM   #4
fitcious

Drives: 2013 FR-S
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
I had to read this thread twice since I was confused the first time around.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
fitcious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 10:49 PM   #5
LavosTRD
Toyota Master Tech

Drives: Whiteout MT
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
The latest pump AND the reflash for idle dip fixed it for me as well as my customers
LavosTRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 01:38 AM   #6
Pekingduck

Drives: 4 wheels
Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
My wife and I always had a great buying experience with Longo, but we find there service department lacking. It take to long for service even with appointment, they are not upfront with their cost, and they leave your car dirty. I took my car there once and ask them to check the engine light and they didn't tell me I had pay. Another problem was with my transmission and they wouldn't cover under warranty. I was told later from my friend who work at service department for another dealer that Longo are trying to limit there warranty claim for rebate from Toyota. I called Toyota service and they would offer partial credit, but they have to stand behind their dealer. The only good thing about their service is Starbucks, subway, and shuttle service.
Old 04-26-2014, 02:05 AM   #7
G.I.Choe

Drives: 2013 Scion FRS Argento
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mystic View Post
I've heard nothing but good things from Longo. I'd be tempted to hand over the keys if they told me they can fix the chirps but I've learned to accept it for now because I know there isn't a SET fix for it yet. Once that is announced and is proven to be working for people I refuse to hand my car in. I went for an oil change about a month ago (at Hollywood Scion) and they butchered my car with that free car wash bulsh#t. My seats, door panels and floor mats were dripping with water. I've learned after that not to take my car to the dealer unless I absolutely have no choice. Sorry about your experience man. Did you complain about it to Longo? lol
I notice you live in LA, and out of curiosity, are you using 76 or Shell? I notice that whenever I use either of those around here, I get the chirps, but when I use Mobil or Chevron, they magically go away.
G.I.Choe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 02:11 AM   #8
CSG Mike

Drives: S2000 CR
Thanked 14,177 Times in 6,835 Posts
Mentioned: 966 Post(s)
Tagged: 14 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pekingduck View Post
My wife and I always had a great buying experience with Longo, but we find there service department lacking. It take to long for service even with appointment, they are not upfront with their cost, and they leave your car dirty. I took my car there once and ask them to check the engine light and they didn't tell me I had pay. Another problem was with my transmission and they wouldn't cover under warranty. I was told later from my friend who work at service department for another dealer that Longo are trying to limit there warranty claim for rebate from Toyota. I called Toyota service and they would offer partial credit, but they have to stand behind their dealer. The only good thing about their service is Starbucks, subway, and shuttle service.
So you asked them to do work and they asked you to pay for work done? Typically, the diagnosis is free *if you get the repairs done*.

Have you tried another dealer for warranty work?

You don't simply become the largest Toyota dealer in the world by blindly turning away customers and angering them...
CSG Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 02:17 AM   #9
N1rve

Drives: 2019 BMW ///M4
Thanked 1,167 Times in 714 Posts
Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
That's odd... I've never that piss poor service at Longo Toyota.

I've always gone to Longo for all of my oil changes and whatever issues I've had they've fixed. This one time they scratched my windshield tint when they take off the maintenance sticker and they told me to retint it and to send them the bill.

Another time my radio was faulty (the screen would turn off at random times). The dealership just took my word for it and ordered a new radio after an "hour of diagnosis". They never told me what the issue was but they just ordered a new radio. I never had to prove anything.

(This was all on my 2009 Camry).

I would had spoke to the service advisor of what happened.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pekingduck View Post
Is the starbucks free? Ive seen people get free coffee but I don't know where you get it from.

2019 BMW ///M4 - Alpine White | Sakhir Orange/Black Leather | M-DCT | Executive Package | 19" Black 437M Wheels | Carbon Fiber Trim | Sunroof | Active Blind Spot | Heated Steering Wheel | Adaptive M Suspension
N1rve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 06:46 AM   #10
Vincenttam
WtsTofu

Drives: Ultramarine fr-s
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSG Mike View Post
So you asked them to do work and they asked you to pay for work done? Typically, the diagnosis is free *if you get the repairs done*.

You don't simply become the largest Toyota dealer in the world by blindly turning away customers and angering them...
Yea, you become the largest by funding from corporate, location, and population in an area. I work in retail.
Vincenttam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 10:11 AM   #11
Pekingduck

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSG Mike View Post

You don't simply become the largest Toyota dealer world by blindly turning away customers and angering them...
I ask them to check the check engine light and they tried to charge me 145 dollar and the car was under warranty or under 30k/3 years. I had to speak to their customer service to had the charges reverse. I believe the service advisor/ sales guy tried to make quick sale. I know Penske group is big on customer service, but this doesn't always reflect on sale staff that work on commission.
Old 04-26-2014, 10:20 AM   #12
Pekingduck

Quote:
Originally Posted by N1rve View Post
That's odd... I've never that piss poor service at Longo Toyota.

I've always gone to Longo for all of my oil changes and whatever issues I've had they've fixed. This one time they scratched my windshield tint when they take off the maintenance sticker and they told me to retint it and to send them the bill.

Another time my radio was faulty (the screen would turn off at random times). The dealership just took my word for it and ordered a new radio after an "hour of diagnosis". They never told me what the issue was but they just ordered a new radio. I never had to prove anything.

(This was all on my 2009 Camry).

I would had spoke to the service advisor of what happened.

Is the starbucks free? Ive seen people get free coffee but I don't know where you get it from.
I belive warranty issue was all about number, or at least that what my friend whom is a master tech said. I think part of it was bad luck. I ended up trading the car in and Toyota corporate called to follow up and they were surprised I sold the car.

Starbucks isn't free for me at least, but it convenient you can get coffee there while you wait for your car .
Old 04-26-2014, 07:31 PM   #13
mrxchris

Drives: '13 Whiteout FRS
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
I just got an FRS today from Longo actually, customer service was great! No hidden fees and everything was very straightforward. Not sure about car service though so I won't comment on that.
mrxchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 08:02 PM   #14
Carlitoz3

Drives: 2013 MT Asphalt FRS
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by N1rve View Post

No, but they give out free donuts in the customer service desk
Carlitoz3 is offline   Reply With Quote