follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Off-Topic Discussions > Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS]

Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] For all off-topic discussion topics.

User Tag List

Old 04-14-2018, 08:57 AM   #15
Summerwolf
Panda Trueno

Drives: No twin now.
Thanked 2,407 Times in 1,332 Posts
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Too bad nobody quoted the original post.
Summerwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 04:10 PM   #16
rice_classic

Drives: Nevermorange FRS
Thanked 4,200 Times in 1,803 Posts
Mentioned: 77 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
I missed the original post too.

But from the subsequent posts it reminds of a joke told to me by one of the few married women I know who hasn't been divorced.

Q:What should you call a wife that "lets" you do thing(s) that you love?
A: Ex Wife.

The joke is on the semantics of the word "let" as it's mocking the assumption of a 1-sided relationship like a warden and a prisoner.
Old 04-14-2018, 04:19 PM   #17
Impureclient
Banned

Drives: 2015 FR-S
Thanked 2,903 Times in 1,282 Posts
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summerwolf View Post
Too bad nobody quoted the original post.
Quote:
Original post said he and a buddy thanked their wives for letting them buy toys and such and we should also do the same by telling them thanks and we love them.
That's almost exactly what was said. He wrote it in a way that, if you were being silly, could construe it as he was telling us to thank his and his buddy's wife.
Of course he meant we should thank our own wives but the words that were written were "we thanked them and you should thank them too". That's why I'm not sure he got mad, called me a **** and deleted the post.
We all have bad days and I guess I just pushed the wrong button there which I apologize for but I was not being malicious at all.
Impureclient is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Impureclient For This Useful Post:
8RZ (04-17-2018), humfrz (04-15-2018), Summerwolf (04-14-2018), Tcoat (04-15-2018)
Old 04-15-2018, 01:37 AM   #18
humfrz

Drives: 2013 FR-S, white, MT
Thanked 31,796 Times in 16,418 Posts
Mentioned: 707 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Impureclient View Post
That's almost exactly what was said. He wrote it in a way that, if you were being silly, could construe it as he was telling us to thank his and his buddy's wife.
Of course he meant we should thank our own wives but the words that were written were "we thanked them and you should thank them too". That's why I'm not sure he got mad, called me a **** and deleted the post.
We all have bad days and I guess I just pushed the wrong button there which I apologize for but I was not being malicious at all.
The dangers of possible miscommunication on the internet ......

humfrz
humfrz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to humfrz For This Useful Post:
86kahl (04-15-2018), Impureclient (04-15-2018)
Old 04-15-2018, 01:45 AM   #19
Impureclient
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by humfrz View Post
The dangers of possible miscommunication on the internet ......

humfrz
Are you saying I can't communicate well?!
The Following User Says Thank You to Impureclient For This Useful Post:
humfrz (04-15-2018)
Old 04-15-2018, 02:00 AM   #20
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,283 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2494 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
If that was what was written I probably would have made the same joke. I know my grammar sucks but I can still never pass on a good set up. I would have called it just plan old banter and am actually very surprised that Ho would take it the way he did.

Quote:
som time u not talk good.
humfrz (04-15-2018)
Old 04-15-2018, 02:01 AM   #21
humfrz

Quote:
I'll jest leave this here abouts .....

humfrz
Attached Images

Old 04-16-2018, 10:10 PM   #22
Sapphireho
Pressure fried

Drives: '15 ultramarine
Thanked 18,204 Times in 8,592 Posts
Mentioned: 154 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Hello guys. @Impureclient @Tcoat, and anyone else who cares, I'll go ahead and share some of my life now.

I'm sorry I was having an emotional day. I went and showed my lotus to my mom. She called it stupid and said "no one needs more than one car. This is after I spent two days from work with her at the hospital and dentist. I'm the middle son and I guess I can't do right. She doesn't even know about the twin, because I don't want to hear about how irresponsible i am. Both my brothers are golden in her eyes no matter what they do, I'm the problem child. I tell her i've done good, and can afford all my toys, but it isn't good enough. Fuck. I have done well enough to have the toys i want, retire at 56, provide for my family, own 2 California priorities, and my mom still thinks I'm not good enough.

I've never had My mom congratulate me on My accomplishments.

My wife came to my aid emotionally and it reminded me of a brief text message I had with a friend the same day.

I guess I just wanted support and forgot how we joke.
Sapphireho is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sapphireho For This Useful Post:
Impureclient (04-17-2018), Tcoat (04-17-2018)
Old 04-16-2018, 11:14 PM   #23
Summerwolf
Panda Trueno

Drives: No twin now.
Thanked 2,407 Times in 1,332 Posts
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapphireho View Post
Hello guys. @Impureclient @Tcoat, and anyone else who cares, I'll go ahead and share some of my life now.

I'm sorry I was having an emotional day. I went and showed my lotus to my mom. She called it stupid and said "no one needs more than one car. This is after I spent two days from work with her at the hospital and dentist. I'm the middle son and I guess I can't do right. She doesn't even know about the twin, because I don't want to hear about how irresponsible i am. Both my brothers are golden in her eyes no matter what they do, I'm the problem child. I tell her i've done good, and can afford all my toys, but it isn't good enough. Fuck. I have done well enough to have the toys i want, retire at 56, provide for my family, own 2 California priorities, and my mom still thinks I'm not good enough.

My wife came to my aid emotionally and it reminded me of a brief text message I had with a friend the same day.

What's a California priority?

Also, TMI, but GFY!!!! Glad your wife totes has your back.
Summerwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 11:30 PM   #24
Sapphireho
Pressure fried

Drives: '15 ultramarine
Thanked 18,204 Times in 8,592 Posts
Mentioned: 154 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Yep, point of my post. I am here because of my wife's support. I'm sure you all can say the same for some significant other.
Sapphireho is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sapphireho For This Useful Post:
spike021 (04-16-2018)
Old 04-16-2018, 11:46 PM   #25
humfrz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summerwolf View Post
What's a California priority?

Also, TMI, but GFY!!!! Glad your wife totes has your back.
I figure he meant ...... properties .....

humfrz
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to humfrz For This Useful Post:
Sapphireho (04-17-2018), Summerwolf (04-17-2018)
Old 04-17-2018, 12:11 AM   #26
humfrz

Quote:

Well, Sapphireho, I'm glad you're back ......

As far as your Mom, please keep in mind that she is still mourning the loss of her husband.....

As far as your Lotus and your Moms reaction, maybe if you had pulled up in a brand new Buick ....... she would have been impressed (especially if you had traded your other car in on it)........

In reference to your perception of how your Mom feels about your professional accomplishments, as compared to your brothers ...... maybe she doesn't understand what you do (the IT world). Remember, that when she was your age, computers were just coming into age as for being for the average person.

Having more than one car per driving member of the family, being irresponsible, please keep in mind that your Mom lived right after the great depression ...... and that mentality can carry into her generation.

Now, you have a good, understanding wife and your son is doing well and you are getting set for retirement ....... so, be happy .......

humfrz
The Following User Says Thank You to humfrz For This Useful Post:
Sapphireho (04-17-2018)
Old 04-17-2018, 12:25 AM   #27
Teseo

Drives: frs
Thanked 2,919 Times in 1,767 Posts
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quote:

You did great so far. Maybe in her lastwill could be a letter how proud and fortunate she is. Maybe she was hard on you to motivate in order to achieve your goals. I joke with my mom about when i retire, i will do nothing but cocaine and hookers until my last breath. Just lie to her to make her happy and enjoy until last
Teseo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 01:59 AM   #28
Impureclient
Banned

Everything is good. Another group hug...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Impureclient For This Useful Post:
humfrz (04-17-2018), Sapphireho (04-17-2018)