follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 06-09-2012, 03:36 PM   #1
Double4Free
Ashes to ashes.

Drives: Asphalt FR-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Asphalt in the snow

So yesterday me and my girlfriend decided we would detail our cars. Hours later, my asphalt FR-S looks like a mirror fit for Zeus himself. Cleaned, polished, and waxed every inch of that car.

Got me thinking though, so I thought I would ponder to the internet gods.

To my other fellow asphalt owners, how do you think our color choice will fare in the winter months?
Double4Free is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 03:46 PM   #2
Lasse

Drives: Avensis 2.2 diesel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double4Free View Post
So yesterday me and my girlfriend decided we would detail our cars. Hours later, my asphalt FR-S looks like a mirror fit for Zeus himself. Cleaned, polished, and waxed every inch of that car.

Got me thinking though, so I thought I would ponder to the internet gods.

To my other fellow asphalt owners, how do you think our color choice will fare in the winter months?
Very well! My ex-lexus was same color than your car. And that color fare very well in winter times, much better than for example black.

Last edited by Lasse; 06-09-2012 at 03:57 PM.
Lasse is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Lasse For This Useful Post:
Double4Free (06-09-2012)
Old 06-09-2012, 03:49 PM   #3
Double4Free
Ashes to ashes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lasse View Post
Very well! My ex-lexus was same color than your car. And that color fare very well in winter times, much better than for example black and silver grey.
Really? I was expecting it to get hellishly dirty. Anyone else own a similar color to asphalt that can weigh in?
Old 06-09-2012, 03:57 PM   #4
Lasse

Drives: Avensis 2.2 diesel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double4Free View Post
Really? I was expecting it to get hellishly dirty. Anyone else own a similar color to asphalt that can weigh in?
Well, it's dark enough that it will hide dirt quite well, but in the sametime it isn't too dark. In finland we use salt to keep the main roads open and even the dirt from salt doesn't look too clearly. It is great color And my personal favorite.
Lasse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 10:02 AM   #5
Double4Free
Ashes to ashes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lasse View Post
Well, it's dark enough that it will hide dirt quite well, but in the sametime it isn't too dark. In finland we use salt to keep the main roads open and even the dirt from salt doesn't look too clearly. It is great color And my personal favorite.
My car seems to attract dust like no other though. I mean it takes about 5 minutes to wipe it off, but its been polished and waxed to pristine, next day its back to collecting dust. -_-
Old 06-10-2012, 01:56 PM   #6
Touge Monster

Drives: 85 AE86 Hatch, 92 SW20 , 13 GT86
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Yeah I does show dust and grime might just be that it's new and I'm that much more anal about keeping it clean. I came from 3 white cars so in some ways asphalt is worse to keep clean, wait I hate those scion names let's call it smg lol. Smg shows all the light colored dust and dirt windshield washer fluid run off etc where as my white cars would show all the brake dust exhaust dust etc. I see you live in Chicago I'm guessing the wind out there doesnt help with your dust situation. I live in San Francisco I garage my car but I've had it out side at work for the last week get lots of fog plus it rained the day after it picker her up water moved the dust all around made some weird patterns I was walking up and the light caught it at just the right angle almost $#it my pants thought someone scratched it all up lol.
Touge Monster is offline   Reply With Quote