follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Member's Car Journals

Member's Car Journals Car journals by our members.

User Tag List

Old 03-30-2019, 04:08 AM   #1
Kapla

Drives: :D
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Kapla BRZ tS Build

Hey everyone, this is going to be my new thread for documenting all the work I have done and will be doing for my new build. Here's a link for my old build: http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showt...21#post3201921

If you want to read my story, great! If not, here's a little summary:

TLDR: Insurance generously paid out, got a tS in SoCal, was able to get my old parts back except for my exhaust and reinstalled a few parts.

This is my 2018 Subaru BRZ tS in Crystal Black Silica

I originally had a 2016 Subaru BRZ in Dark Grey Metallic (Asphalt for the FRS). I heavily modded it and planned on doing a bunch more to the car. I was going to attempt a few track days as well as participate in car events. At the end of November of 2018, another driver decided to not yield properly and came out of nowhere. Traffic was built up in the left lane and I was in the right lane with none at all.

I was completely devastated after the accident. All the hard work and time I put into modifying my vehicle and how much I enjoyed driving it as my daily, and there was a huge chance I wouldn't be able to get my mods back. It took a few weeks to deal with insurance, but luckily enough, they paid me out very generously for what the car was valued.

After looking online a bunch, I decided it would be my best interest to get something that was very close to what my old car was. I ended up finding 3 BRZ tS' in black in SoCal. I ended up working something out with one of the dealerships and got a pretty good deal on it. Went down to go pick it up and drove it back same day!

Fast forward to mid March of this year, I randomly looked up the VIN for my old car and saw it at an auction lot. I contacted the auction lot and then contacted my insurance, turns out a lot of the parts on my car were not considered in the value of the payout and I was allowed to take parts off and replace them. I ended up doing that today, March 30, 2019.

After getting all my parts back home, I went straight to installing my old tail lights and my 4th brake light. As much as I loved having a brand new tS, it never really felt like it was 'mine'. After finishing the install and having everything work, it very much felt like it was my car and it's an amazing feeling to have once again!

I still have a long ways to go and I have a bunch of plans, but needless to say, I am incredibly happy with how things went and can't wait to do more things with my new tS!

Here's a rear shot of my old car and the new car:

Thank you for stopping by!

Here's a link to the aftermath pictures of the car when I first looked at it in the tow yard: https://imgur.com/a/OKSbpmD

Last edited by Kapla; 03-30-2019 at 04:26 AM.
Kapla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2019, 04:09 AM   #2
Kapla

Mods List and Future Plans

Currently Installed

Exterior:
- Tom's JDM Tail Lights
- Valenti 4th Brake Light (Smoked)
- Black Emblems with overlays
- Velox Non-aggressive Rear Diffuser
- Corsa Exhaust
- STI Cherry Blossom Mirror Covers
- HIC Rear Window Visor

Wheels & Suspension:
- Stock STI Wheels 18x7.5 +48
- Federal RSRR 215/40/18
- Ichiba 15mm Spacers (Front)
- Ichiba 20 mm Spacers (Rear)
- ARP Extended Studs (2.5")
- Project Kics Leggdura Racing Open Ended Lug Nuts
- Mann Engineering 25mm Lowering Springs

Interior:
- Raceseng Shift Knob
- Raceseng Reverse Lockout.
- Cherry Blossom Shift Boot
- Leather Arm Rest
- A/C Carbon Fiber Vent Overlays

Future Plans

Exterior:
- Seibon FA Hood (Paint Matched)
- JDM Subaru DRL's
- New Wheels (???)

Interior:
- Carbon Fiber Trim Pieces
- Carbon Fiber and Alcantara Steering Wheel (Not 100% sure yet)
- Custom Floor Mats

Last edited by Kapla; 09-04-2019 at 02:27 AM.
Kapla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 02:19 AM   #3
Kapla

I've done quite a bit to the car since my initial post... i'll try to catch up on everything!

I installed a custom shift knob and reverse lockout from Raceseng as well as a cherry blossom shift boot cover!

The shift knob features a delrin cover and it definitely helps a lot with heat! The reverse lockout was a bit tricky to install but was well worth it. I'm thoroughly enjoying the weight and feel of the shift knob and it looks great with the interior of the car. The cherry blossom shift boot cover was slightly undersized but I managed to make it work!
Old 09-04-2019, 07:03 PM   #4
eastendraceshop

Drives: '13 Scion FR-S & '17 Toyota 86
Hey @Kapla,

I'm sorry about the BRZ loss but glad to see that you got a TS out of it! I love what you've done with shift boot as well!

-Sam
eastendraceshop is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to eastendraceshop For This Useful Post:
Kapla (09-05-2019)
Old 09-05-2019, 02:41 AM   #5
Kapla

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastendraceshop View Post
Hey @Kapla,

I'm sorry about the BRZ loss but glad to see that you got a TS out of it! I love what you've done with shift boot as well!

-Sam
Thank you very much! Definitely a sweet upgrade
eastendraceshop (09-05-2019)