follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Forced Induction

Forced Induction Turbo, Supercharger, Methanol, Nitrous

User Tag List

Old 01-06-2017, 08:03 PM   #1
VeganGirl

Drives: Scion FR-S 2013
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Kraftwerks c30 check engine light no more boost and NOT a broken belt?

Hi guys, unfortunately the super charged kraftwerks c30 had an issue the other day. This car never had any issues in over 2 years running kraftwerks c30 and conservative tune.

So anyway we were driving like 25mph and the traction control light and chrcknengine light came on and the car lost "boost". Immediately I thought my boyfriends good luck daily driving a kraftwerks has run out. So we went probably about 5 miles home and checked the belt, perfect condition. The car turns off and on perfect ? The only thing I suggested was the car needed an oil change as it had went with out one for 8 months. My boyfriend took it to get an oil change and the check engine light and no boost problem are still there.

Any suggestions as to what broke?
VeganGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 08:23 PM   #2
Helios

Drives: 2014 Red Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Check all of your intercooler piping, hoses, etc. Check this too:

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=109444

Check and clean both your MAF and MAP sensors while you're at it.

Read your codes via the OBD2 port. What are they?
Helios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 08:44 PM   #3
GsxrMe

Drives: Late 2014 Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
I just snapped an intercooler t clamp on the way home from work this week and heard a goose everytime i came off of boost at 3psi or so. Car ran like a factory slow junker all the way home. Called fullblown and at my own expense I got a new clamp the next morning.

I agree with Helios and check all your hoses and intercooler lines. Lucky it broke before the maf so the car ran like all its balls fell off.
FBM Turbokit: GTX3076R - ECUTEK HRI FlexFuel tune - FBM 3" Turboback Exhaust - 550cc Injectors - Walbro 485 Fuel Pump - 4bar Map Sensor - FBM Oil Pan - ACT SB7-XTSS - AMSOIL all fluids - Forester XT Oil Cooler - Cusco engine, trans mounts - Whiteline rear differential bushings - Perrin shifter bushing - Firehawk 235/45/17 - AEM Failsafe
GsxrMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 02:49 PM   #4
pgranberg11
BoostedBRZ

Drives: Turbo BRZ
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
it would be helpful to know what the CEL is... that's gonna tell you the most information hopefully... unless you take off your front bumper, inspect all the intercooler piping. if a pipe popped off somewhere than you have a boost leak. the only other thing i can think of you have a vacuum leak and one of your hoses popped off underneath the intake manifold like what helios posted. Good luck
pgranberg11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 03:22 PM   #5
VeganGirl

Drives: Scion FR-S 2013
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pgranberg11 View Post
it would be helpful to know what the CEL is... that's gonna tell you the most information hopefully... unless you take off your front bumper, inspect all the intercooler piping. if a pipe popped off somewhere than you have a boost leak. the only other thing i can think of you have a vacuum leak and one of your hoses popped off underneath the intake manifold like what helios posted. Good luck
We took it to a firestone and the code was like p011 camshaft timing. We haven't noticed anything with the car driving weird after getting the oil changed. We have an appointment this Thursday with a professional shop to check everything out just to be sure. After leaving firestone the code went away.
VeganGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 10:21 AM   #6
pgranberg11
BoostedBRZ

Drives: Turbo BRZ
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
did you possibly fill up with different type of gas? my only guess since the timing changed it's adjusting for the fuel that's being given, winter gas is a little different than summer gas. otherwise a sensor. The code states that the timing is too advanced for what it should be. did you notice if firestone cleared your code? they may have just erased it to see if it comes back. if everything looks visually ok, then it may be electrical and a faulty sensor is causing the problem.
pgranberg11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 06:07 PM   #7
adamskilla

Drives: 2013 FR-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
That's a very common code in the FR-S. Get used to it. It's something to do with the camshaft position sensor or the camshaft itself. Has nothing to do with FA or fuel or anything.

I started throwing that code 6 months into owning a brand new 2013 before I did a single mod on the car. Had them look at it numerous times, they replaced the sensor once and problem still persists. Only thing I haven't done is replace entire camshaft.

I've heard people say it could also be due to something with the ECU.

The "balls fell off" power loss is due to the car being put into limp mode. The car does this when something is not reading right to reduce chance of damage.

It sucks, I know. In the last 4 years it still comes and goes. You can unhook the battery and it should remove the code, temporarily.

Let me know if you guys find a solution.
adamskilla is offline   Reply With Quote