follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Suspension | Chassis | Brakes -- Sponsored by 949 Racing

Suspension | Chassis | Brakes -- Sponsored by 949 Racing Relating to suspension, chassis, and brakes. Sponsored by 949 Racing.

User Tag List

Old 07-19-2017, 05:07 PM   #15
lazyluka

Drives: GT86
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by allowe View Post
Thank you for that ! And I don't touch the rear alignment right ?
You will probably get charged the same regardless, so if you want to make a change make it, but it looks OK. I can't really give you more advice than this as I am not a suspension expert, I am just going on what was said to me in the past which in summary goes along these lines: "Small amount of toe in on the rear aids stability, small amount of toe out on the front aids turn in, toe accelerates tyre wear"

Before you go in for a wheel alignment, is there anything else you are planning on doing in the short term?

If you are looking at lowering springs etc, you may wish to do all that at the same time to save you an additional wheel alignment.
lazyluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 07:47 PM   #16
allowe

Drives: FR-S
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lazyluka View Post
You will probably get charged the same regardless, so if you want to make a change make it, but it looks OK. I can't really give you more advice than this as I am not a suspension expert, I am just going on what was said to me in the past which in summary goes along these lines: "Small amount of toe in on the rear aids stability, small amount of toe out on the front aids turn in, toe accelerates tyre wear"

Before you go in for a wheel alignment, is there anything else you are planning on doing in the short term?

If you are looking at lowering springs etc, you may wish to do all that at the same time to save you an additional wheel alignment.

Man thanks for your reply! I'd love to get coilovers or sportline springs by eibach but I don't wana scrape on anything or be stupid low or have a really stiff ride. I do however want to improve handling. I've realized that on back roads, my tires tend to give up and slide quickly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
allowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 08:46 PM   #17
guybo
Huge E85 fan!

Drives: 2016 Scion FRS
Thanked 1,010 Times in 605 Posts
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
The only down side is that you lose $30 (or so) and spend a couple hours installing. In other words- there IS NO down side. I have SPC cambolts up front and got -2 degrees of camber and the difference was noticeable. I should have dialed ina few degrees more camber int he rear (SPC camber arms -1.7 degrees) because the car is too easy to create oversteer now.
guybo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 05:04 PM   #18
lazyluka

Drives: GT86
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by allowe View Post
Man thanks for your reply! I'd love to get coilovers or sportline springs by eibach but I don't wana scrape on anything or be stupid low or have a really stiff ride. I do however want to improve handling. I've realized that on back roads, my tires tend to give up and slide quickly.
I am not sure about if the 1 degree camber difference on your rear axle could be an issue or not as seen on your earlier post. You may need rear camber adjustment? Again ask the experts, I am not one.

@Racecomp Engineering may be able to offer you some advice, or you could try reading/asking in this thread if you have time: http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45554

For lowering springs, the RCE ones seem very highly recommended.

You don't necessarily have to have a lower car with coilovers and handling mods, while lowering does add it's own benefits, it's not a requirement.
lazyluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 05:09 PM   #19
allowe

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazyluka View Post
I am not sure about if the 1 degree camber difference on your rear axle could be an issue or not as seen on your earlier post. You may need rear camber adjustment? Again ask the experts, I am not one.

@Racecomp Engineering may be able to offer you some advice, or you could try reading/asking in this thread if you have time: http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45554

For lowering springs, the RCE ones seem very highly recommended.

You don't necessarily have to have a lower car with coilovers and handling mods, while lowering does add it's own benefits, it's not a requirement.

The guy who aligned my car said it was good. I know camber isn't adjustable with stock arms. Only toe is.

Old 07-20-2017, 05:15 PM   #20
allowe

Oh shoot!! I forgot. I had my car realigned because I didn't like the alignment before with that camber being too far!