follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > ASIA

User Tag List

Old 01-07-2013, 04:07 AM   #1
sh4d0w

Drives: Toyota 86 Orange Metallic
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Which version in UAE?

I will be buying an 86 in a couple of weeks and I have visited Al Futtaim in AUH. At the moment I am trying to make up my mind whether to get the standard AT or the middle trim AT (AT so that my wife can also drive this car )

The difference between the two is on the Mid AT we get additional features below:

Paddle shift gear change
Cruise control
Frameless Day & Night Inside Rear View Mirror
Auto Air condition
Analogue + Digital Speedometer
HID Headlamps with Auto Leveling with Cleaner
17'' (215/45R17) Alloy wheel
Smart Entry & Push Star

Would this be enough to justify the additional price from the Basic AT which is 15,000 AED (approx 4,000 USD)

Website link:
http://www.toyota.ae/wps/portal/!ut/...vZ0FBIS9nQSEh/

Last edited by sh4d0w; 01-07-2013 at 04:10 AM. Reason: Added link to the website
sh4d0w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 04:14 AM   #2
Alabang 86

Drives: GT86
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Garage
yes, the auto A/C is the big one....you will want this, especially in UAE.

after the handling, the keyless+ push start is one of the best features on the car.

In the Philippines, even the cheapest 6 speed base model has ALL (except HID) of the features you listed above for about $38,000 USD.

My philosophy has always been to get the top of the line.
Alabang 86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 07:53 AM   #3
Acid18

Drives: 2013 GT86 Lightning Red
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sh4d0w View Post
I will be buying an 86 in a couple of weeks and I have visited Al Futtaim in AUH. At the moment I am trying to make up my mind whether to get the standard AT or the middle trim AT (AT so that my wife can also drive this car )

The difference between the two is on the Mid AT we get additional features below:

Paddle shift gear change
Cruise control
Frameless Day & Night Inside Rear View Mirror
Auto Air condition
Analogue + Digital Speedometer
HID Headlamps with Auto Leveling with Cleaner
17'' (215/45R17) Alloy wheel
Smart Entry & Push Star

Would this be enough to justify the additional price from the Basic AT which is 15,000 AED (approx 4,000 USD)

Website link:
http://www.toyota.ae/wps/portal/!ut/...vZ0FBIS9nQSEh/
I have mid option bought mine in Festival City showroom Dubai.

aside from the choices you mentioned on the top you will also get the Limited slip differential which for me is the most impt that you will get in MT and top range AT.

I think you made a great choice.
Mods: VDS Headers, Milltek Header Back System Resonated, H&R Sport Springs, AFE Magnum Flow Drop In filter, Stock Flat Black Dipped Rims, Black Dipped bumper tongue, Blacked out LED Headlights, Blacked out Tail lights
Acid18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 08:27 AM   #4
FT86Dubai

Drives: 2013 Toyota 86
If I were getting A/T all the extras mentioned are defiantly worth it. The LSD is a huge plus, you can really feel it when flooring the car on turns and banked flyovers. If you are used to driving cars with open differentials then you are in for a surprise.
Old 01-07-2013, 10:42 AM   #5
sh4d0w

Garage
Thanks guys, Mid-AT for me then, additional 10K from the Mid-AT would give me Alcantara leather seats but I would not opt for that.

It's true that the Mid-AT would have the LSD. I would really opt for a manual transmission but as again this will give my wife to drive this car also (BTW this would be our second car, Dodge Caliber as the first) compromise of the paddle-shifters for me I guess.
Old 01-07-2013, 11:32 AM   #6
Acid18

Quote:
Thanks guys, Mid-AT for me then, additional 10K from the Mid-AT would give me Alcantara leather seats but I would not opt for that.

It's true that the Mid-AT would have the LSD. I would really opt for a manual transmission but as again this will give my wife to drive this car also (BTW this would be our second car, Dodge Caliber as the first) compromise of the paddle-shifters for me I guess.
No worries! I also dont think that 10k is worth for the alcantara seats.. You can go to carseat dubai and they can make better.. Btw, i was at al futtaim this evening for my 1k service.. You can spend the 10k and add some more to get the trd kits!

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357576098.908979.jpg
Views: 1580
Size:  163.3 KB

Dont worry you can still enjoy the manual mode on your AT. Clutch response is faster I am not used to the paddle shifters i still use the stick for +\- gears still gives me the feel of mt without the clutch.. Hehehe
Mods: VDS Headers, Milltek Header Back System Resonated, H&R Sport Springs, AFE Magnum Flow Drop In filter, Stock Flat Black Dipped Rims, Black Dipped bumper tongue, Blacked out LED Headlights, Blacked out Tail lights
Old 01-07-2013, 01:29 PM   #7
sh4d0w

Garage
Does the HID kit differ substantially on the halogen lights?
Old 01-07-2013, 02:33 PM   #8
Imti
~Hachi Roku~

Drives: 2013 Firestorm GT86 A/T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acid18 View Post
You can spend the 10k and add some more to get the trd kits!

Attachment 24669
TRD front lips usually have the fog lamp's black going all the way to the edge. Which I hated tbh!

I like this a LOT BETTER.

It was going for 10K eh?
Wow, steep.

UAE - Lightning Red Mid-Spec - Delivered 25th July'12 > IT'S HERE <
Imti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 09:48 PM   #9
jasonk

Drives: BRZ
If you still wanted the top of the line model but didn't want to pay full price you should check out dubizzle I saw a few nice 86s and a BRZ on there earlier. Also be sure to check the price difference between Dubai and Abu Dhabi. I don't know if it makes a difference with Toyota, but the BRZ in auh goes for 125,k, the same car in Dubai is only 117, k.
jasonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 01:39 AM   #10
Acid18

Quote:
Does the HID kit differ substantially on the halogen lights?
yeah for sure.. but depends on how you use it. I see folks around town using HID on Halogen housing only which will just clatter the light and annoyingly will blind you. youll think they are on high beams all the time..

HID with Projection Housing same with what we have on the 86 is the perfect match. and youll make better use of the HID

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imti View Post
TRD front lips usually have the fog lamp's black going all the way to the edge. Which I hated tbh!

I like this a LOT BETTER.

It was going for 10K eh?
Wow, steep.
im certain it will go more for than 10k actually for Full TRD kits. I have been checking just the parts with the TRD coilovers and full body kits that already is some not less than 7000 AED

i love the wing though.. hehehe.. i might go with the Wing and front back side skirts from seibon.. the only problem is the budget!
Old 01-08-2013, 11:40 AM   #11
sh4d0w

Garage
Its odd that all article I read about the 86 says that the Torsen LSD is a standard feature, but the UAE website has the Basic AT listed without the LSD. I would really like to opt for the Basic AT as for sure I will replace a couple of parts such as the alloy wheels with after-market variety.
Old 01-08-2013, 01:53 PM   #12
HRTROB

Drives: Toyota 86
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alabang 86 View Post
yes, the auto A/C is the big one....you will want this, especially in UAE.

after the handling, the keyless+ push start is one of the best features on the car.

In the Philippines, even the cheapest 6 speed base model has ALL (except HID) of the features you listed above for about $38,000 USD.

My philosophy has always been to get the top of the line.
The base 86 M/T in the Philippines also comes with HID (bixenon) with LED park lights and also headlight washers

To the OP, yes, I think the additional features on the mid level variant are worth the extra $4k

Last edited by HRTROB; 01-08-2013 at 02:03 PM.
HRTROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 03:08 AM   #13
Acid18

Quote:
Its odd that all article I read about the 86 says that the Torsen LSD is a standard feature, but the UAE website has the Basic AT listed without the LSD. I would really like to opt for the Basic AT as for sure I will replace a couple of parts such as the alloy wheels with after-market variety.
i had the same thoughts before.. i just took the plunge when it comes to the LSD. I just considered the Push start a bonus!

i would have taken the M/T but my DL does not permits me to drive one.. #Dubaiproblems
Old 01-09-2013, 03:23 AM   #14
sh4d0w

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acid18 View Post
i had the same thoughts before.. i just took the plunge when it comes to the LSD. I just considered the Push start a bonus!

i would have taken the M/T but my DL does not permits me to drive one.. #Dubaiproblems
Its difficult to get a license here and more for a manual transmission. I still on the process of getting my DL (was driving in my home country) but didn't see the need to get one here, as wife is driving and we have a fleet in the company where transport request is just a phone call away.

Seeing the car on the showroom changed my mind and I wanted to buy the car on same day but without the license I can't

The car that made me want to get a driving license :happy0180: