follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Off-Topic Discussions > Other Vehicles & General Automotive Discussions

Other Vehicles & General Automotive Discussions Discuss all other cars and automotive news here.

User Tag List

Old 11-09-2011, 11:40 PM   #1
Guff
Now w/ over 400 womprats!

Drives: BRZ LZR
Thanked 3,420 Times in 1,424 Posts
Mentioned: 301 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Garage
New Car Buying 101

I found a great thread while lurking on the 370z forums about buying a new car.

http://www.the370z.com/nissan-370z-p...ssan-370z.html

It's quite extensive and goes into a lot of detail about buying and negotiating at a dealership. I suggest you read it, as it could save you some money when you roll over to that Scion/Subaru Dealer next year!

All credit goes to AK370z from The 370z Forums
Guff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 11:55 PM   #2
WingsofWar
MODERATOR-SAMA

Drives: Swagtron Scooter
Thanked 1,561 Times in 524 Posts
Mentioned: 81 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
it would only work at a Subaru Dealer, don't bother trying to save money at a Scion/Toyota Dealer especially with Scion Pure Pricing segment. With basically no haggling.
Old 11-10-2011, 12:07 AM   #3
Guff
Now w/ over 400 womprats!

Drives: BRZ LZR
Thanked 3,420 Times in 1,424 Posts
Mentioned: 301 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Garage
My dad bought my Sister a brand new 2011 tC and I believe he haggled the price down about $1500 (IDR exactly how much). He is the master of manipulation though and can haggle anything, but the point still stands; Pure Price is just something the dealerships say to stop people from negotiating. They still have to make a sale, so if you're aggressive enough, you can walk out with some extra cash.
Guff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 12:26 AM   #4
Dark
Elite Padawan

Drives: '15 WRX, 15 GLA250, and 2 feet
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guff View Post
My dad bought my Sister a brand new 2011 tC and I believe he haggled the price down about $1500 (IDR exactly how much). He is the master of manipulation though and can haggle anything, but the point still stands; Pure Price is just something the dealerships say to stop people from negotiating. They still have to make a sale, so if you're aggressive enough, you can walk out with some extra cash.
True, if you know what you're doing, pure price policy can't stop you from haggling a car down.
Old 11-10-2011, 09:10 AM   #5
speed-wiz

Drives: MR2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Based on expected supply and demand I don't foresee much discounting of BRZs or FR-Ss anytime soon.
Old 03-23-2012, 05:46 AM   #6
NJay

Drives: mazda
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
It has been long after when I learned when to buy a car without others' decision or opinion. Well, previously I have been too dependent to others about it. I was frightened to go out for the first time to buy a brand new car. I looked at a lot of various cars and decided Mazda was my preferred brand. A dealership in Valparaiso was able to help me get the car that I was trying to find. I ended up walking away happy with the purchase. With Valparaiso Mazda, you will find an excellent dealership.
NJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 06:06 AM   #7
ZetaVI
Gundam Meister

Drives: A Gundam
Thanked 1,010 Times in 510 Posts
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guff View Post
Yeah, some people have a knack with negotiating because they been doing for a long time.
ZetaVI is offline   Reply With Quote