follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 08-03-2012, 12:58 AM   #15
Tanuki
Turtle Factory

Drives: Mint M3
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
I came from an m3. Very different cars, but no regrets.
Tanuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 01:30 AM   #16
Razz

Drives: Fast
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZmZMWagon View Post
lmao....a Scion as a status symbol?
What about its Rich Heritage?

2 months?

Mu ha ha....
Razz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 08:03 AM   #17
eindio

Drives: white frs auto, 02 corvette mn6
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by kendalldwhite View Post
Originally Posted by ssmtsx
I regret the purchase of my FR-S. For the past 4 years I have driven 2dr V6/manual accords. Completely different then the FR-S, but at the same time I never had a squeak/rattle/issue that required a dealer visit. My FR-S rattles and squeaks.

My two biggest issues are the lack of power (understandable) and the extremely poor performance of the FR-S a/c. ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ????????/

The new accord comes out in a few months..I have a feeling I'm going to have a hard time not jumping ship.

can he not role the window down?>
It was 118 2 weeks ago and my son was in back complaining about being cold from the a/c, does op not know what the recirc button is or are they just mental
eindio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 09:13 AM   #18
wbradley
Sarcastic SOB

Drives: '13 FR-S M6, '23 Volvo V60 CC
Thanked 2,844 Times in 1,635 Posts
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Garage
Regarding the FR-S a/c-

We have had a heat wave for weeks in Toronto. There have been several days where my outdoor temp gauge reads 36'C and yesterday it said 37, highest ever. So, there probably isnt much temp difference between here and TX these days. MY a/c works great.

On the other hand I drove my '12 xB this morning to work (winter car) and as it is a larger vehicle with larger interior volume to cool, the a/c is calibrated differently. The #1 fan speed blows harder than the FR-S. I am sure this is to get the larger volume cooled at an acceptable rate.

Since the interior volume of the FR-S is so small, perhaps you are just not accustomed to the fan/ac calibration for that vehicle.

Or, maybe it needs a warranty service.
5:AD kit, HKS V1+ S/C, ECUtek dyno'd, Ohlins MP20, Magnaflow cb, Revworks UEL, Topspeed overpipe, Pinnacle Ceramic tint, VG shark fin, HID's, yellow DRL's, full LEDs, red floor lights, Homelink mirror, trunk lid liner, Perrin LWCP, Valenti smoked, Flossy Grip Tape Shorty, GT86 plaque, lighted vanity mirror, Michelin PSS, Project mU +800, DOT4 fluid, 720 Form GTF1 17x8&9, stitched leather bits, EZ valve.
wbradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 10:04 AM   #19
russv
First 86

Drives: Scion FRS Argento Automatic
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
It's been regularly over 100 degrees where I live in the Sacramento area and the A/C has been fine.

Life is short...NO BORING CARS
russv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 10:20 PM   #20
ssmtsx

Drives: Ultramarine 6MT FR-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kendalldwhite View Post
My two biggest issues are the lack of power (understandable) and the extremely poor performance of the FR-S a/c.

role the freaking window down dumbass wwwooowww
Are you fucking kidding me? Roll the window down? When its 110* out? The AC sucks in my frs..It does not keep the interior of my car cool..Whats the point of ac if i have to roll the window down?

I do believe there may be an issue with the car as I have a squeak noise everytime the ac compressor kicks in.
ssmtsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 10:24 PM   #21
S2kphile
Resident HoneyBadger

Drives: Toyota Tacoma TRD Off-Road
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
All I can say is TOP DOWN TOP DOWN!

Walk like a King, Be like a Sir, Swag it out like a Boss
S2kphile is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to S2kphile For This Useful Post:
PoRco (08-05-2012)
Old 08-04-2012, 10:27 PM   #22
kendalldwhite

Drives: Mint-Tiffany blue FRS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmtsx View Post
Are you fucking kidding me? Roll the window down? When its 110* out? The AC sucks in my frs..It does not keep the interior of my car cool..Whats the point of ac if i have to roll the window down?

I do believe there may be an issue with the car as I have a squeak noise everytime the ac compressor kicks in.
My air in my mustang doesn't work, i have to deal with it everyday?? I don't see the big deal if your A/c sucks. your not the only person in the world that has to deal with 110 degree weather.. I'm not trying to start shit, I'm saying try rolling the windows down or go get your a/c worked on or something. Or possible taking it to dealership and complaining... at least i would, I don't have my car yet and when i get it and the air sucks, i will do what i just said..
kendalldwhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 10:28 PM   #23
kendalldwhite

Drives: Mint-Tiffany blue FRS
Quote:
Originally Posted by S2kphile View Post
All I can say is TOP DOWN TOP DOWN!
amazing!!
kendalldwhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 10:33 PM   #24
Kel O Tron

Drives: Genesis Coupe
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
So far, judging by the forum members here, and the few I have seen out in the wild, the Twins have a way better userbase than most cars I see, ESPECIALLY the BRZ since most Subaru owners imo are shitheads.

On the GC forums, the big thing over there is that stupid ass hellaflush shit, or putting big dildo shift knobs on their cars because it is "jdm".

Even though a lot of forum members here think they are driving God's Chariot, I'd rather have that, then people putting pink rims, and "Hi Hater" stickers all over their car.
Kel O Tron is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kel O Tron For This Useful Post:
Laika (08-04-2012), ngabdala (08-05-2012), rice_classic (08-05-2012)
Old 08-04-2012, 10:38 PM   #25
Laika
When In Doubt...

Drives: Slowww
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kel O Tron View Post
most Subaru owners imo are shitheads.

Where I live it's just the WRX guys. STI guys are about 4% more mature.

I love the other Subaru owners (impreza/legacy). I had an older lady in a legacy yell "i love your car!" at me in traffic and caught a cutie in an impreza taking pictures of my car. Ended up pulling over so she could check it out. Another older lady...about 70..with an Impreza helped me find the dealership when I was lost one day

Join the Galaxy Blue Silica BRZ registry below:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...2c&usp=sharing
Laika is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Laika For This Useful Post:
ngabdala (08-05-2012)
Old 08-05-2012, 12:13 AM   #26
reeves

Drives: BRZ
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quote:
So far, judging by the forum members here, and the few I have seen out in the wild, the Twins have a way better userbase than most cars I see, ESPECIALLY the BRZ since most Subaru owners imo are shitheads.
Unfortunately, this may simply be a result of economics for now.. Let's face it, the majority of the people buying the car now are mature, older people who have the financial means to buy this car NEW. Sure, there're some very young folks who've bought this car as well (and props to them), but I would assume most of them are responsible enough financially to be able to do so.

Let's wait a few years, when there will be an abundance of used (i.e., cheaper) BRZ's & FR-S's out there, and see what kind of a crowd scoops them up then. I suspect (but certainly don't hope it) that more and more un-informed, immature "racer-boy" types will be in possession of these cars when that happens. For me, I'm just enjoying being part of the current "userbase" of these cars while I can
reeves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 01:25 AM   #27
whiteout fr-s

Drives: 2013 scion fr-s whiteout
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:

On the GC forums, the big thing over there is that stupid ass hellaflush shit, or putting big dildo shift knobs on their cars because it is "jdm".

Even though a lot of forum members here think they are driving God's Chariot, I'd rather have that, then people putting pink rims, and "Hi Hater" stickers all over their car.
You realize this is a Subaru based car right, I have a lot of "jdm" sti friends who love the car. The "hellaflush" shit you are talking about happens no matter what car you own, just do you. Your style probably doesn't please everyone either so get over it.
whiteout fr-s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 01:27 AM   #28
Xanatos

Drives: @redline, '14 BRZ, '98 Forester
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Garage
Like with everything new the people who really want it and can enjoy it will pick it up as soon as it comes to market and while the supply is still low. You'll see more people pick it up in the future who may not appreciate it as much as we do.
Xanatos is offline   Reply With Quote