follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Marketplace > Commercial Classifieds > Exterior Parts - Lighting

View the official forum sponsors list

User Tag List

Old 01-16-2014, 05:08 PM   #29
sosick
fastest frs in sbg

Drives: sick ass ultramarine frs
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirsol66 View Post
Is there a DIY for this? Very interested.
I can make u one
sosick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 05:13 PM   #30
sosick
fastest frs in sbg

Garage
http://d114hh0cykhyb0.cloudfront.net...pply-store.jpg

Use one of these for hook up
Old 01-17-2014, 01:12 AM   #31
BMHumanic

Drives: 2013 Whiteout 6MT FR-S
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Just finished installing mine! Relatively simple if you know your way around electrical work... Check out my Instagram @ItsFRShh for more pics! (Thanks SoCal Valley 86 for one of the first sets on the streets)
Attached Images

BMHumanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 02:02 AM   #32
JohnnyP

Drives: 2013 Whiteout Scion Fr-S
Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Installed mine last night. Kit looks great and I really love the gloss black. My kit was missing some pieces to install the light assemblies to the bumper, but nothing a run to the hardware store couldn't fix. If I had thought of a DIY I would have taken pictures during the install. But as BMHumanic said, it's an easy install with a little electrical knowledge.

And just an FYI: I tapped the 12v acc wire from the kit into the white wire with a black tracer behind the driver side kick panel (just under the hood release latch). I believe this is power for the cigarette lighter/lighters.
Attached Images

JohnnyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 01:46 PM   #33
PhastekSport

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 74 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to PhastekSport Send a message via Yahoo to PhastekSport
Looking good everyone!

Winjet acknowledged the missing clips (or bolts/nuts/washers) for the lights. I'll take pictures when these come in. They'll be offered up to those who did not have them in their kits up to this point of course.
PhastekSport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 03:05 PM   #34
lbroskee

Drives: 2023 WRB BRZ (MT)
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris@Phastek View Post
Looking good everyone!

Winjet acknowledged the missing clips (or bolts/nuts/washers) for the lights. I'll take pictures when these come in. They'll be offered up to those who did not have them in their kits up to this point of course.
i already have a full foglight kit from back when it was a truly DIY project, but my harness is crap and i like that button. can i but just the harness/ button part of it?
lbroskee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 03:13 PM   #35
PhastekSport

Sorry, unfortunately you're not the first one to ask. I was told they receive all parts as a kit and have no plans to offer any parts separately.
The Following User Says Thank You to PhastekSport For This Useful Post:
lbroskee (01-20-2014)
Old 01-20-2014, 03:40 PM   #36
sosick
fastest frs in sbg

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by lbroskee View Post
i already have a full foglight kit from back when it was a truly DIY project, but my harness is crap and i like that button. can i but just the harness/ button part of it?
The button only looks nice...doesnt work too good
The Following User Says Thank You to sosick For This Useful Post:
lbroskee (01-20-2014)
Old 01-20-2014, 03:41 PM   #37
PhastekSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by sosick View Post
The button only looks nice...doesnt work too good
What's the issue? In our mock setup it worked. This is the first negative feedback we've gotten on it.

EDIT: I see your response below. Others feel free to chime in. If there is an issue, hopefully we can resolve it.

EDIT x2: I'm pretty sure on the vendor thread, I can only "bump" it so many times.

Quote:
If i put the button all the way in. Whenni turn it on u can hear the click and it turns on. But when i turn it off i dont hear the click and it wont let me turn it back on. Well i should say i can turn it on but they wont stay on. I have to push on the bottom of the button a couple times to hear the click and then they will stay on

I'll forward that information and see if we can get some kind of warranty work done. Others PLEASE chime in. If this is an ongoing issue, we don't want the same switches sent back out.
The Following User Says Thank You to PhastekSport For This Useful Post:
sosick (01-20-2014)
Old 01-20-2014, 03:42 PM   #38
sosick
fastest frs in sbg

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyP View Post
Installed mine last night. Kit looks great and I really love the gloss black. My kit was missing some pieces to install the light assemblies to the bumper, but nothing a run to the hardware store couldn't fix. If I had thought of a DIY I would have taken pictures during the install. But as BMHumanic said, it's an easy install with a little electrical knowledge.

And just an FYI: I tapped the 12v acc wire from the kit into the white wire with a black tracer behind the driver side kick panel (just under the hood release latch). I believe this is power for the cigarette lighter/lighters.
Just finished mine also did u have problems with ur button too? Mine doesnt come forward all the way some times. So it wont turn on unless i push the very bottom of the switch
Old 01-20-2014, 03:45 PM   #39
sosick
fastest frs in sbg

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris@Phastek View Post
What's the issue? In our mock setup it worked. This is the first negative feedback we've gotten on it.
If i put the button all the way in. Whenni turn it on u can hear the click and it turns on. But when i turn it off i dont hear the click and it wont let me turn it back on. Well i should say i can turn it on but they wont stay on. I have to push on the bottom of the button a couple times to hear the click and then they will stay on
Old 01-20-2014, 05:55 PM   #40
ahquit

Drives: Whiteout FR-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
If they do end up revising the button, can they please center the light symbol on the button? It's looks like it's printed on the button way too high and it gets cut off almost at the top.
ahquit is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ahquit For This Useful Post:
lbroskee (01-20-2014), Namuna (01-21-2014), PhastekSport (01-20-2014), weedtank (01-20-2014)
Old 01-20-2014, 09:11 PM   #41
JohnnyP

Drives: 2013 Whiteout Scion Fr-S
Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sosick View Post
Just finished mine also did u have problems with ur button too? Mine doesnt come forward all the way some times. So it wont turn on unless i push the very bottom of the switch
I, for one, have not had any problems with the operation of the button. The housing mounts on the back side of the dash panel are a tight squeeze, is there a chance you don't have it pressed forward/in all the way? My button works flawlessly.

As far as the fog light symbol on the button being printed too high, well...... yeah. The top of the symbol is cut off a little bit. This isn't a huge concern of mine as the button can only really be seen by the driver, not the passenger. The button is functional and that's my main concern. People worrying about that small detail should be aware that the switch when illuminated is closer to the yellow tone of the clock to the right of the driver than buttons to the left (like the dimmer next to it). Again, not a huge deal to me but some people may post complaints about it later. For the price of this kit, I still feel that i got an excellent value.
JohnnyP is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JohnnyP For This Useful Post:
sosick (01-20-2014)
Old 01-20-2014, 10:43 PM   #42
sosick
fastest frs in sbg

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyP View Post
I, for one, have not had any problems with the operation of the button. The housing mounts on the back side of the dash panel are a tight squeeze, is there a chance you don't have it pressed forward/in all the way? My button works flawlessly.

As far as the fog light symbol on the button being printed too high, well...... yeah. The top of the symbol is cut off a little bit. This isn't a huge concern of mine as the button can only really be seen by the driver, not the passenger. The button is functional and that's my main concern. People worrying about that small detail should be aware that the switch when illuminated is closer to the yellow tone of the clock to the right of the driver than buttons to the left (like the dimmer next to it). Again, not a huge deal to me but some people may post complaints about it later. For the price of this kit, I still feel that i got an excellent value.

I actually think that thats my problem with my button. It is all the way in because it clicked in and i can see my tabs but i think thats whats causing my problem the button isnt coming out all the way so its like stuck in between if u know what i mean

Tags
fog light, fog light kit, frs