follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Electronics | Audio | NAV | Infotainment

Electronics | Audio | NAV | Infotainment Anything related to in-car electronics, navigation, and infotainment.

User Tag List

Old 02-28-2013, 07:52 PM   #1
mit_peid
Boosted Noob

Drives: '13 FRS MT KW SC, '05 4Runner 4WD
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Stock FR-S stereo to Pioneer AVH-P4400/8400

For those of you who upgraded from the base FR-S Pioneer stereo to a Pioneer AVH-P4400 or P8400, is any of it plug-n-play? Do you need new harnesses for everything?

I am considering the OEM Audio Plus 400 system, but also didn't want to limit my future growth and have to constrain myself by the stock FR-S system. Sounds like the OAP system will work with Pioneer HUs too, but using existing plug-n-play cables. I read this to mean they wouldn't utilize the RCA outputs from the aftermarket Pioneer HUs. To me this doesn't sound like the ideal way to connect to a high-end amp/sub.

What do you guys think?
Old 03-20-2013, 10:52 PM   #2
xitaliapunk

Drives: '13 BRZ, WR Blue, '06 Acura RSX VBP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
It's not pllug and play, you still need the toyota harness to wire in. It's still uses pioneers aftermarket harness. I'm looking into the 8500 model too for when I get mine in the next few weeks.. though I'm looking to paint my dashkit to make it look sleeker
xitaliapunk is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to xitaliapunk For This Useful Post:
mit_peid (03-21-2013)