follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > Mid-Atlantic

Mid-Atlantic DC, DE, MD, VA, WV

User Tag List

Old 02-28-2012, 08:19 PM   #113
Zaku
-Proud of Brzerhood-

Drives: '17 BRZ CWP LMT.
Thanked 1,725 Times in 790 Posts
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
There used to be this very knowledgable sales for Scion at 355 he's an asian guy drives a white TC. I can't remember his name because it's been years but he almost sold me a TC XD anywho wonder if he is still around, if I had to get an FRS I would totally go back and work with that guy.

"The BRZ Section's fine wine" -Zgrinch
Zaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 08:23 PM   #114
Tbxgz

Drives: 2013 BRZ Limited 6MT
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
I forgot, Kwan Wong, was the guy who helped me when I had questions about the FR-S. I would try to reach out to him. He was very helpful:

WONGK@fitzmall.com
Old 02-28-2012, 08:23 PM   #115
gt86mods
Toyobaru Obsessed

Drives: 97' Civic Coupe
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaku View Post
There used to be this very knowledgable sales for Scion at 355 he's an asian guy drives a white TC. I can't remember his name because it's been years but he almost sold me a TC XD anywho wonder if he is still around, if I had to get an FRS I would totally go back and work with that guy.
I considered 355 but their reviews online are awful, people always talking smack about that dealer. If I knew someone who worked there that was knowledgeable I'd consider it but my thought process was Fitz had a better reputation for customer service.

Who knows, I've yet to actually go and talk to someone but nobody likes walking into a dealer, it's like swimming in shark infested waters.

Canon Photographer - My Website - Flickr Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 86'd View Post
That's it. I'm cancelling my pre pre-order.
gt86mods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 08:28 PM   #116
Grimlock

Drives: BRZ and NA
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbxgz View Post
Herb gordon in silver spring is saying they will get 9. Fitzgerald told me they will get 13. Take that with a grain of salt because Fitzgerald has continuously jerked me around over the last few weeks.
I heard the same from Herb Gordon. I don't know about Annapolis, but they claim to be the largest Subaru dealer in Maryland. I'm going to call Herb Gordon and Annapolis tomorrow to see what's going and to make sure they have my order straight.
Grimlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 08:47 PM   #117
Zaku
-Proud of Brzerhood-

Quote:
Originally Posted by gt86mods View Post
I considered 355 but their reviews online are awful, people always talking smack about that dealer. If I knew someone who worked there that was knowledgeable I'd consider it but my thought process was Fitz had a better reputation for customer service.

Who knows, I've yet to actually go and talk to someone but nobody likes walking into a dealer, it's like swimming in shark infested waters.
LOL If I was back home right now I be happy to walk in, I guess I'm not afraid or something. Ah I'll ask around some people I know I think I know someone who works there. I only know 355 Honda really well because one of my father's best friend is the head mechanic there but he just retired. Still I know people but I kinda have to be back home. I'll pop something up on my FB see if someone knows something.

Old 02-28-2012, 10:32 PM   #118
gt86mods
Toyobaru Obsessed

So I just got an email from the sales woman I talked to earlier. She says that the allocation could be 1 FR-S per dealer & she will contact me sometime next month once they know what they require in terms of a deposit. She also mentioned there already being a waiting list for orders.

Now I don't mean to be a negative nancy but 1 per dealer sounds a bit shady. Like they are threatening my chance at getting one to make sure I have my check ready. At least she did her research on the colors and asked me which one I'd like & what tranny I'd be ordering.

Her name is Lisa Lam & her email was pretty thorough, so I'm impressed with the service but again she is trying to sell me something. We will see how it plays out!

Quote:
Old 02-28-2012, 10:37 PM   #119
Zaku
-Proud of Brzerhood-

Actually it's not that way off, that one thing. Because they have to get 86 cars out first 86 and they didn't say anything about having a large amount of cars in dealers till later this at least june year. I would expect about 1-4 initially from may to nov , at least a low number until first 86 is done and sold. Not a large number in dealers till later. It's their Halo car it's not going to be on a massive scale right at launch.

Old 02-28-2012, 10:43 PM   #120
gt86mods
Toyobaru Obsessed

I'm honestly not expecting to get one until later this summer, probably August at the earliest. I'm sure there are people with gobs of money who are willing to pay whatever amount to be the first one to have the car. I'm not willing to pay markup or jump through hoops to be the first one to get the car, so waiting until later in the year won't be the end of the world...just sad. :[

All I know is I'll be getting one when they are readily available...and I'll be there when it's delivered off the truck and I won't leave it's side until the keys are in my hand!

Quote:
Old 02-28-2012, 10:49 PM   #121
Zaku
-Proud of Brzerhood-

Keep up the spirit, it's going to be a long time just gonna have to keep waiting till you get one.

Old 02-29-2012, 01:07 AM   #122
gt86mods
Toyobaru Obsessed

Back when the Civic Si Sedan came out in 07 it was one of those "gotta have it" cars for me. I got one in 08 and although I wasn't one of the first to get one, I got the exact color/options I wanted and I didn't have to stress about allocations or markups. Sadly the car was totaled by an idiot driving a Mini Cooper S 6 months after I got it. I have a bit of a complex now, I'm worried something will happen to all my new cars. xD

My obsession with the GT86 is a bit more than it was for the Si Sedan, so I'm sure I'll jump on the opportunity when it shows itself. Just a matter of when & how much! Gives me something to constantly look forward to, plus waiting longer means saving more for a down payment which is always a good thing.

Quote:
Old 02-29-2012, 01:26 PM   #123
Grimlock

Drives: BRZ and NA
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimlock View Post
I heard the same from Herb Gordon. I don't know about Annapolis, but they claim to be the largest Subaru dealer in Maryland. I'm going to call Herb Gordon and Annapolis tomorrow to see what's going and to make sure they have my order straight.

I talked to Herb Gordon, and orders are opening up at 9:00 tomorrow, and they know what I want. The guy from Annapolis is going to call me tomorrow morning once the system comes up to see how everything works.

I got a voice mail from a guy at Fitzgerald in Gaithersburg about placing a formal order with them, but I haven't called them back yet. More than likely I won't be getting a car from Fitz if one of these other two work out tomorrow.

EDIT: I just called back Fitzmall. Apparently the guy who called me was from Fitgerald Subaru in White Flint, not the Gaithersburg location. He told me to come in and order because they are only getting 10 BRZ's for the year. Since I have a deposit elsewhere, I declined. As far as I know, they have not been taking deposits up until now, so if you want a BRZ and aren't on a list elsewhere, you might be able to get one there. John Deon is the saleman I spoke with, and the number for Fitzmall Subaru in White Flint, MD is 301-881-4000.

Last edited by Grimlock; 02-29-2012 at 01:43 PM.
Grimlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 04:54 PM   #124
Tbxgz

Drives: 2013 BRZ Limited 6MT
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimlock View Post
I talked to Herb Gordon, and orders are opening up at 9:00 tomorrow, and they know what I want. The guy from Annapolis is going to call me tomorrow morning once the system comes up to see how everything works.

I got a voice mail from a guy at Fitzgerald in Gaithersburg about placing a formal order with them, but I haven't called them back yet. More than likely I won't be getting a car from Fitz if one of these other two work out tomorrow.

EDIT: I just called back Fitzmall. Apparently the guy who called me was from Fitgerald Subaru in White Flint, not the Gaithersburg location. He told me to come in and order because they are only getting 10 BRZ's for the year. Since I have a deposit elsewhere, I declined. As far as I know, they have not been taking deposits up until now, so if you want a BRZ and aren't on a list elsewhere, you might be able to get one there. John Deon is the saleman I spoke with, and the number for Fitzmall Subaru in White Flint, MD is 301-881-4000.
So you placed a deposit at Gburg Fitz but got a call from White Flint Subie? I wonder if the two share allocations since they are owned by the same guy.
Old 02-29-2012, 05:02 PM   #125
OrbitalEllipses
Banned

Drives: Attitude
Thanked 4,889 Times in 2,902 Posts
Mentioned: 123 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
It's weird... I talked to White Flint about the BRZ and they put me on an interest list. A week later, the salesman I was working with at Gaithersburg regarding the SCION emailed me and asked me about my interest in that.
OrbitalEllipses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 05:14 PM   #126
Zaku
-Proud of Brzerhood-

They are both Fitzgerald owned dealers, the one at White Flint usually has no cars its like a maintenance location or something like that. It's right by Twinbrook metro station.