follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Marketplace > User/Vendor/Sponsor Reviews, Feedback, Comments

User Tag List

Old 02-28-2015, 10:17 AM   #1
malave7567

Drives: (formerly) 2013 Raven FR-S
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
DiodeDynamic fog light kit, with Add-A-Switch and Luxeon LED fog lights

Just finished up my installation this morning, so no night time pictures yet.

@Diode Dynamics
Here's my review. Sorry, I didn't think to take pictures until I was pretty much done, I have a really bad habit of that...

Everything came packaged very nicely. The fog light assemblies themselves were in a separate box with styrofoam padding. The relay and harness were outstanding in construction. My only note was that the power line with fuse that connects to the battery was too short to allow the relay to be installed where they suggest in the installation video. No biggie, because I ended up putting it where the sound tube clips onto the metal DI shield/cover (my sound tube has been long removed). Just a suggestion though, it would be nice for install to proceed exactly as shown in the video.

I opted not to install the relay signal positive/ground directly to sidemarkers or headlights.
Relay signal ground: I added a ring terminal and grounded to a bolt in the engine bay by the fuse box.
Relay signal positive: I ran a signal wire back into the interior to a switch I added next to the trunk release. I grounded the switch to allow the LED on it to function, and my other positive lead was off the dimmer switch. My LED fog lights now only function when at least the parking lights are on, and the switch is engaged. Perfect.

The harness leads to the fog lights themselves were the perfect length, and allowed some flexibility on how you route them. I ran into no issues with them. I do appreciate the high-quality connectors used.

Overall, I am very happy with the installation. I turned them on early this morning to test function. The Luxeon LED assemblies have an adjustment screw, but I'll wait until night to verify cutoff line.

I heard they were a good match for 5K HID, and they are close. In the picture below, my HID look a bit more blue to me, but they are nearing two years old (don't know if that would make a difference), and I'm not sure if I let them warm completely up before taking the picture.

Enough talk, a few pictures below. My car is absolutely filthy, but it has been rainy and cold in Houston so haven't cleaned it in a week, lol.
Thank you to DiodeDynamics, this was my first business with you, and it was a pleasant experience, even as you answered my questions before and during installation.

malave7567 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to malave7567 For This Useful Post:
austinbrz (03-02-2015)