follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Guides

DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Guides For all DIYs.

User Tag List

Old 10-18-2016, 03:05 PM   #85
jadewbj

Drives: 2013 Whiteout Scion FRS
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Figo View Post
thank you.

when you turn the chime off, i assume that the seatbelt light will still on, just no chime. am i correct?
Yeah the light still stays on.
jadewbj is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jadewbj For This Useful Post:
Figo (10-18-2016)
Old 11-19-2016, 02:37 PM   #86
Deep Six

Drives: 2013 FRS / 2013 427 Vert
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Worked fine for me

2013 FR-S Asphalt BC Coils/Rev Works UEL header/HKS Front Pipe/Racing Brake BBK/Shorai LW Battery/ACT 6 Puck Clutch/FBM Radiator & Oil Pan/JR Oil Cooler/Jackson Racing High Boost C30/Rev Works Built Motor
2016 Audi TTS APR Tuned
Deep Six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 08:12 AM   #87
GT86Olli

Drives: GT86 Inferno Orange
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Does anybody know which resistor is needed for the airbags at the roof above the windows?
GT86Olli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 01:25 AM   #88
FRSToyota86

Drives: 2013 Scion FRS
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
These wont direct fit. The connectors are different, I was able to take the pins out, using some tools I customized the male pins and made them much thinner, only then I was able to slide them in to the female connectors, only then using some shrink tube, made them fit skipping the connector all together.

Works great with this custom solution!
Quote:
Originally Posted by truenosan View Post

hope this helps
Vortech V3 Supercharger| 12 PSI|E85 MotoEast Flexfuel kit|Crawford AOS| Mishimoto Oil Cooler|3"Perrin Resonated CBE| 3" JDL Front/Over Pipe|OpenFlash Performance Headers|Exedy Stage 2 Ceramic Clutch |Yonaka Coilovers|17x9 O.Z. Wheels| 245/40r/17|TRD Brake Pads|Perrin Master Cylinder Brace |ChaseBay SSBrake Lines|CF Side Fins|OEM Shark Fin Athena|Yospeed Console Plaque|R/T Shift Knob|Fog Lights|Backup Camera|Navigation| |TRD Quickshifter|Motul Gear Oil|
FRSToyota86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 04:00 AM   #89
zeal86

Drives:
Thanked 1,773 Times in 872 Posts
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Some pics and info from my install... Hope they help someone in some way.

Side Airbag Cancellers

According to vendors of the Bride side airbag canceller... the resistor should be of the 2.2 ohm variety.

2.2 ohms (A52NPO): VW, PORSCHE, TOYOTA 86, Mazda ROADSTER(ND) etc. SUBARU BRZ, IMPREZZA(GJ, GP),LEGACY(BM, BR), WRX(VA), FORESTER(SJ), LEVORG(VM)

3.3 ohms (A54NPO): SUBARU IMPREZZA(CG, GD, GH, GR), FORESTER(SF, SG, SH), LAGACY(BC, BD, BF, BG, BH, BE, BP, BL)

P/N: A52NPO

I added adhesive-backed felt paper to the top of the sensor and the hook side of the velcro on the other. The cushions now hold tight. Hopefully I do not come across any issues with the sensor.

These pics illustrate how I ran my harnesses under the seats...

I used double-sided tape on the back of the occupant weight sensor module along with zip ties. I also used a few standoffs.

Passenger Side

Driver Side

Driver Side Seat...

Hopefully I don't run into any issues once everything is installed...

projekt zeal86 build

zeal.eightsix Facebook

Instagram @zeal.eightsix
zeal86 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zeal86 For This Useful Post:
avishenoy1 (05-15-2017), Ricepuddin (06-05-2017)
Old 06-05-2017, 06:33 PM   #90
DHitHim

Drives: 2015 CWP Limited BRZ
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeal86 View Post
Some pics and info from my install... Hope they help someone in some way.

Side Airbag Cancellers

According to vendors of the Bride side airbag canceller... the resistor should be of the 2.2 ohm variety.

2.2 ohms (A52NPO): VW, PORSCHE, TOYOTA 86, Mazda ROADSTER(ND) etc. SUBARU BRZ, IMPREZZA(GJ, GP),LEGACY(BM, BR), WRX(VA), FORESTER(SJ), LEVORG(VM)

3.3 ohms (A54NPO): SUBARU IMPREZZA(CG, GD, GH, GR), FORESTER(SF, SG, SH), LAGACY(BC, BD, BF, BG, BH, BE, BP, BL)

P/N: A52NPO

I added adhesive-backed felt paper to the top of the sensor and the hook side of the velcro on the other. The cushions now hold tight. Hopefully I do not come across any issues with the sensor.

These pics illustrate how I ran my harnesses under the seats...

I used double-sided tape on the back of the occupant weight sensor module along with zip ties. I also used a few standoffs.

Passenger Side

e-installation01

Hopefully I don't run into any issues once everything is installed...

projekt zeal86 build

zeal.eightsix Facebook

Instagram @zeal.eightsix
How did you remove the seat sensor?
Old 06-05-2017, 07:45 PM   #91
zeal86

Drives:
Thanked 1,773 Times in 872 Posts
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DHitHim View Post
How did you remove the seat sensor?
I carefully peeled it away from the heating element.

I forgot to post that my light did not go away... the weight occupancy is not working... so apparently I damaged it at some point during removal. I'll try to acquire a new one down the line... for now it is not bothering that much.

projekt zeal86 build

zeal.eightsix Facebook

Instagram @zeal.eightsix
zeal86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 02:51 PM   #92
demariners
demariners

Drives: 2015 Blue Subaru BRZ
Hello all. I read through this entire thread. I am having one hell of a time. I keep getting code 1650 Occupancy Sensor malfunction . I did everything you guys did and still no clue what to do. Resistors are working perfectly. Sensor doesn't work at all and Airbag on passenger side will not work. All I did was remove it from the stock seat and place it on the floor as you guys have it. No idea what to do. Any ideas please let me know.
demariners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 01:43 AM   #93
dkstylezz

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Little update for people with lights not turning off.

So.. I have a 2013 brz limited with heated seats.

Installed zeta 3 seats and put resistors on both airbag plugs and also transferred the passenger seat occupancy sensor from under the seat cover.
My airbag light stayed on and wouldn't go away. Ended up buying a used set of seats on line that were from another limited brz. Before i took apart the seats to take the occupancy sensor out from the seats i bought, i pluged the seats in to check its not some other problem and the light went away.

For those that have a heated seat like the brz limited or certain frs gt86 models. For the light to be turned off, you cant just transfer over the seat occupancy sensor. The heated seat heater pad/sheet has to be transferred over with the occupancy sensor to prevent triggering the airbag lights.

Now i have a fully functioning airbag system in the car that acts stock. when someone is in the passenger seat it senses the person and turns on the passenger airbag. When there is no passenger the airbag turns off and i do not get the seat belt chime.

The heater pad is a white cloth sheet between the occupancy sensor and the seat foam. The white cloth sheet has a thin wire that heats up when heater is turned on.

Hope this helps and fixes your airbag light that wont turn off with proper resistor and occupancy sensor transferred over.

3.3ohm resistor + occupancy sensor + heated seat pad all plugged in will turn off the airbag light and function as if it was stock.
dkstylezz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dkstylezz For This Useful Post:
femaledog (10-20-2020), ka-titties (12-12-2018), RSKYBZ (10-11-2020)
Old 11-22-2018, 02:35 PM   #94
ldooks

Drives: 2017 GT86, 2014 Honda CBR650F

worked like a charm
ldooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2019, 03:50 PM   #95
Decimus
BAE

Drives: Asphalt FRS
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Worked for me as well! Thanks!

Decimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2019, 04:22 PM   #96
Ricepuddin
Get a Bowl

Drives: 2017 BRZ PP
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Glad to see this post is still helping people
Ricepuddin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2020, 03:07 AM   #97
RSKYBZ
Aloha Served Daily

Drives: 2015 BRZ World Rally Blue
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkstylezz View Post
So.. I have a 2013 brz limited with heated seats.

Installed zeta 3 seats and put resistors on both airbag plugs and also transferred the passenger seat occupancy sensor from under the seat cover.
My airbag light stayed on and wouldn't go away. Ended up buying a used set of seats on line that were from another limited brz. Before i took apart the seats to take the occupancy sensor out from the seats i bought, i pluged the seats in to check its not some other problem and the light went away.

For those that have a heated seat like the brz limited or certain frs gt86 models. For the light to be turned off, you cant just transfer over the seat occupancy sensor. The heated seat heater pad/sheet has to be transferred over with the occupancy sensor to prevent triggering the airbag lights.

Now i have a fully functioning airbag system in the car that acts stock. when someone is in the passenger seat it senses the person and turns on the passenger airbag. When there is no passenger the airbag turns off and i do not get the seat belt chime.

The heater pad is a white cloth sheet between the occupancy sensor and the seat foam. The white cloth sheet has a thin wire that heats up when heater is turned on.

Hope this helps and fixes your airbag light that wont turn off with proper resistor and occupancy sensor transferred over.

3.3ohm resistor + occupancy sensor + heated seat pad all plugged in will turn off the airbag light and function as if it was stock.
I just installed my recaro SR-3's and I must say; for anyone with a limited brz (I have one as well) this works ^^ no issues. Thank you sir for noting this!
Old 10-20-2020, 07:11 PM   #98
femaledog

Drives: 2017 BRZ Perf. Pkg.
2017 BRZ PP

I'm having an airbag light problem. I have a racing bucket installed for the driver with my harness/rollbar combo. I have the passenger seat removed totally. The passenger seat occupancy sensor is hooked up and tucked under the floormat. The passenger seat buckle is attached. I have a 3.3ohm resistor in the passenger airbag plug (more on that later). Everything was fine for a few drives until I began to get airbag code B1826 which I pulled with techstream:

I tried:

Resetting the code - immediately came back (no surprise)

Removing the resistor - code remained.

Testing the resistor - verified 3.3ohm

Inserting a 2.2ohm resistor instead of the 3.3ohm resistor. - This worked without clearing the code, but after a few drives but the code returned.

I also tried hooking up the heated seat harness and seat heater pad from the old seat which seemingly had no effect.

Passenger airbag indicator light (on a/c control area) says ON, whether airbag dash light is on or not.

I'm beginning to wonder if maybe there is an intermittent short in the wire or something, since the resistor does sometimes work. If you guys have any insight, I'm kind of at the end of my rope.
femaledog is offline   Reply With Quote