follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting)

Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting) Discussions about cosmetic mods.

User Tag List

Old 04-17-2017, 12:29 AM   #1
electrongeek

Drives: 2016 Scion FRS
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Valenti Headlight Wiring Help

I'm in need of some guidance on wiring up some Valenti Headlights. Anyone that has successfully done this please chime in. I tried searching, but didn't find any specific tutorials.

Any input would be appreciated. Thanks.
electrongeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 01:03 AM   #2
thecarfilmer
IG: @nickwiththefrs

Drives: 2016 Scion FR-S Halo
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Garage
from what ive seen about those headlights, theyre meant for RHD cars but i vould be wrong. dont take my word for it lol
Old 04-17-2017, 01:39 AM   #3
electrongeek

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecarfilmer View Post
from what ive seen about those headlights, theyre meant for RHD cars but i vould be wrong. dont take my word for it lol
Yes, you're correct. Normally that would be an issue, but I have modified the projector cut off shield so that it no longer blinds oncoming traffic.

All I need to do now is figure out the wiring schematics so that I can create a harness.
Old 04-18-2017, 02:03 PM   #4
JT.86

Drives: Scion FRS 2016
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by electrongeek View Post
Yes, you're correct. Normally that would be an issue, but I have modified the projector cut off shield so that it no longer blinds oncoming traffic.

All I need to do now is figure out the wiring schematics so that I can create a harness.
how did you do that?
2016 MT|Varis Arising II body kit with carbon add-ons|Aimgain x Stancenation Spoiler|Valenti Japan Jewel headlights|Valenti 4th Brakelight|ST-X coilovers|SPC LCA|18x10 TE37RT|Hankook Ventus RS3 265/35|Work Chrome blue lugnuts|Corsa catback|JDM TOM's red taillights|JDM armrest|TRD carbon Fender garnish|Beatrush Rear bumper brace|Cusco front strut
JT.86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 02:06 PM   #5
electrongeek

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT.86 View Post
how did you do that?
I had a friend of mine mill the cut off shield so that the step in the beam pattern is now flat.

Do you have Valenti headlights? Have you successfully wired them up?
Old 04-18-2017, 02:09 PM   #6
JT.86

Garage
Quote:
I had a friend of mine mill the cut off shield so that the step in the beam pattern is now flat.

Do you have Valenti headlights? Have you successfully wired them up?
I see.
I'm still in the process of figuring the wiring out

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk
2016 MT|Varis Arising II body kit with carbon add-ons|Aimgain x Stancenation Spoiler|Valenti Japan Jewel headlights|Valenti 4th Brakelight|ST-X coilovers|SPC LCA|18x10 TE37RT|Hankook Ventus RS3 265/35|Work Chrome blue lugnuts|Corsa catback|JDM TOM's red taillights|JDM armrest|TRD carbon Fender garnish|Beatrush Rear bumper brace|Cusco front strut
Old 04-18-2017, 02:14 PM   #7
electrongeek

Quote:
I see.
I'm still in the process of figuring the wiring out

I was going to see if I can swap the RHD projectors out for some LHD Morimoto projectors, but I decided to stick with the existing projectors so that I can use the OEM hid ballasts and bulbs.

If you're able to figure out the wiring then please post it here. I'm also trying to work out the wiring myself so I'll post it up as well if I'm successful.
Old 04-18-2017, 02:21 PM   #8
JT.86

Garage
Quote:
I was going to see if I can swap the RHD projectors out for some LHD Morimoto projectors, but I decided to stick with the existing projectors so that I can use the OEM hid ballasts and bulbs.

If you're able to figure out the wiring then please post it here. I'm also trying to work out the wiring myself so I'll post it up as well if I'm successful.
I'm trying to figure out how the wires should be wired from the car end atm. The frs high beam bulbs is also the DRL which runs through a resistor. Not sure how this can be adjusted to run the valenti headlights where the high beam and low beam are the same light.
Old 04-18-2017, 04:19 PM   #9
electrongeek

Quote:
I'm trying to figure out how the wires should be wired from the car end atm. The frs high beam bulbs is also the DRL which runs through a resistor. Not sure how this can be adjusted to run the valenti headlights where the high beam and low beam are the same light.
I remember seeing a tutorial on how to repin the 8 pin Japanese GT86 headlights to work with the FRS 6pin.

If the Valenti headlights are direct plug and play for the Japanese GT86 then I would assume the repin method should work.

I already bought the necessary plugs to create a harness so hopefully my assumptions are correct.
Old 04-18-2017, 04:21 PM   #10
DrifterD

Drives: 15' Halo
Garage
I've been trying to do research on this as well before I decide to get them since they are the nicest headlights out for this car. From what I've heard its plug and play if you have the OEM D4S ballast, not sure if morimotos will work.

Subbed for solution.
DrifterD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 04:22 PM   #11
JT.86

Garage
Quote:
I remember seeing a tutorial on how to repin the 8 pin Japanese GT86 headlights to work with the FRS 6pin.

If the Valenti headlights are direct plug and play for the Japanese GT86 then I would assume the repin method should work.

I already bought the necessary plugs to create a harness so hopefully my assumptions are correct.
Japanese gt86 doesn't have drl/highbeam as same bulb right? Or is everything the same as frs except led drl strip?

Old 04-18-2017, 04:23 PM   #12
JT.86

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrifterD View Post
I've been trying to do research on this as well before I decide to get them since they are the nicest headlights out for this car. From what I've heard its plug and play if you have the OEM D4S ballast, not sure if morimotos will work.

Subbed for solution.
Definitely not plug and play

Old 04-18-2017, 04:24 PM   #13
electrongeek

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrifterD View Post

Subbed for solution.
Yes, I'll be using the OEM D4S ballasts and bulbs.

I assume you're saying it's plug and play for the Japanese GT86?
Old 04-18-2017, 04:25 PM   #14
DrifterD

Drives: 15' Halo
Garage
Quote:
Yes, I'll be using the OEM D4S ballasts and bulbs.

I assume you're saying it's plug and play for the Japanese GT86?
Quote:
Definitely not plug and play

Probably, my bad.
DrifterD is offline   Reply With Quote