follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > FR-S & 86 Photos, Videos, Wallpapers, Gallery Forum

FR-S & 86 Photos, Videos, Wallpapers, Gallery Forum All photos, videos and other media related to the Scion FR-S and Toyota 86

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Old 01-20-2013, 12:03 PM   #15
Guillaume

Drives: Exige S 240
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by _hollywood View Post
Probably why you drive an automatic brz, wouldnt want to have too much fun now, honestly he wasnt going that fast most teenagers texting are more dangerous than this guy...
That's probably why you drive an automatic Supra.

Last edited by Guillaume; 02-01-2013 at 01:55 AM. Reason: typo
The Following User Says Thank You to Guillaume For This Useful Post:
SkAsphalt (01-31-2013)
Old 01-20-2013, 12:17 PM   #16
Beyer Subaru

Drives: 2013 BRZ SWP 6AT Ltd
Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Easy guys. I'm not makin a pissing match. I think it's a great video and chuckled a bit. The thing is - he could have easily lost control and caused any number of bad things to the cars/property around him.

What is the one thing that causes every get-together/meet to be busted or shut down? Some asshat doing burnouts. There is a time and a place for everything.

The reason I drive an auto is bad knees/ankles/back. I've always driven a MT before my 92x Saabaru. With this car it was a real tough choice but as my daily the auto kicks all ass.

You can rationailze this how ever you want. @_hollywood
On my side - I'd be safe driving home from having fun at the track.
On your side - You'd be unsafe, arrested, in an accident and/or hated by your other car guys/neighbors.

I think this is a good example of people doing stupid things in their brand new cars.
Old 01-20-2013, 12:22 PM   #17
Jeff Lange

Drives: 1986 AE86 GT-S, 2011 Lexus IS250 6M
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
I've got no problems with him doing the things he did, it was actually a pretty good burnout and not a bad 180. Still cringe a bit seeing it happen in what is basically a narrow-road neighbourhood though. I wouldn't want someone doing that on the street in front of my house.

Jeff

2011 Lexus IS350 F-Sport 6MT with LSD
1986 Toyota Corolla GT-S Supercharged
Old 01-20-2013, 02:03 PM   #18
sho220

Drives: FR-S MT & FJ Cruiser
Quote:
Originally Posted by _hollywood View Post
Probably why you drive an automatic brz, wouldnt want to have too much fun now, honestly he wasnt going that fast most teenagers texting are more dangerous than this guy...
You probably would have really loved it if a little kid came running from behind those bushes on the left there and got squashed! That would have been epic awesomeness huh? It's all about you having fun...fuck everyone else...amiright????

If I saw some asshat do this outside my house I'd have a tough time not beating the shit out of him...

I just can't imagine how people can justify this??? They couldn't find an abandoned road, empty parking lot, anything other than a very tight, highly f'ing residential street lined with cars, bushes, etc...unreal.....

Old 01-20-2013, 02:15 PM   #19
Beyer Subaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by sho220 View Post
You probably would have really loved it if a little kid came running from behind those bushes on the left there and got squashed! That would have been epic awesomeness huh? It's all about you having fun...fuck everyone else...amiright????

If I saw some asshat do this outside my house I'd have a tough time not beating the shit out of him...

I just can't imagine how people can justify this??? They couldn't find an abandoned road, empty parking lot, anything other than a very tight, highly f'ing residential street lined with cars, bushes, etc...unreal.....
Whoah! Easy there brother. This is a primetime post for people doing dumb ish. We might not like it but this is a great thread for asshattery at it's finest.

The kids will make mistakes and we will hopefully always be there to give them some guidance and a band-aid.
Old 01-20-2013, 02:32 PM   #20
sho220

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beyer Subaru View Post
Whoah! Easy there brother. This is a primetime post for people doing dumb ish. We might not like it but this is a great thread for asshattery at it's finest.

The kids will make mistakes and we will hopefully always be there to give them some guidance and a band-aid.
I understand...but doing things like this in residential areas always tends to get me worked up. Do these guys ever stop to think what they're life would be like if they did kill a little kid? I mean, I putt-putt through our neighborhood because I'm paranoid one of the little ding dongs will run out in front of me and get killed. Even if it wasn't my fault, it's not something I want to experience...it would be a very hard thing to live with. I just don't understand the lack of sense, responsibility and selfishness. And that's exactly what it is. When I was a kid some guy in a 280z did something similiar in the middle of our neighborhood when we were all hanging out by my house and we all pretty much agreed he was an idiot. I was probably 10-11 years old and I knew it was a stupid thing to do. I've done my share of hooning, but not like that. It's inexcusable...that guy should be dragged out of his car and beaten with a garden hose...

edit: and moronic comments like this don't help "most teenagers texting are more dangerous than this guy" like it some how makes this okay?????????????? wth????

The Following User Says Thank You to sho220 For This Useful Post:
Symbiont (01-21-2013)
Old 01-20-2013, 02:35 PM   #21
subatoy

Drives: subatoy
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
here:
http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26246
Old 01-20-2013, 02:41 PM   #22
Jedi1
STX build in progress!

Drives: Whiteout FRS. Just Gorgeous!
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Garage
I was so hoping for a good curb smack and metal bending festival at the end of that. IDIOTS!!!
Old 01-20-2013, 02:43 PM   #23
sho220

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedi1 View Post
I was so hoping for a good curb smack and metal bending festival at the end of that. IDIOTS!!!
Poetic justice for sure...

Old 01-20-2013, 02:44 PM   #24
Beyer Subaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by sho220 View Post
I understand...but doing things like this in residential areas always tends to get me worked up. Do these guys ever stop to think what they're life would be like if they did kill a little kid? I mean, I putt-putt through our neighborhood because I'm paranoid one of the little ding dongs will run out in front of me and get killed. Even if it wasn't my fault, it's not something I want to experience...it would be a very hard thing to live with. I just don't understand the lack of sense, responsibility and selfishness. And that's exactly what it is. When I was a kid some guy in a 280z did something similiar in the middle of our neighborhood when we were all hanging out by my house and we all pretty much agreed he was an idiot. I was probably 10-11 years old and I knew it was a stupid thing to do. I've done my share of hooning, but not like that. It's inexcusable...that guy should be dragged out of his car and beaten with a garden hose...

edit: and moronic comments like this don't help "most teenagers texting are more dangerous than this guy" like it some how makes this okay?????????????? wth????

QFT. Amen brudda. Now take a deep breath, lean back and let the boys be boys. On to some more burnouts!
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yosKCasgJTw"]BRZ Burnout.wmv - YouTube[/ame]
Old 01-20-2013, 02:47 PM   #25
Jedi1
STX build in progress!

Garage
Empty parking lot in what looks to be an industrial area. I'm cool with that. Little city street in a residential area, go to jail go directly to jail, part out the car and give us the bits and pieces!
Old 01-20-2013, 02:54 PM   #26
sho220

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedi1 View Post
Empty parking lot in what looks to be an industrial area. I'm cool with that. Little city street in a residential area, go to jail go directly to jail, part out the car and give us the bits and pieces!
Amen Brother. And I guarantee there was a parking lot like what Beyer Subaru posted above within probably 2-3 miles of that street. But that's just too inconvenient for those guys...

... Thanks for indulging...I'm done. :happy0180:

Old 01-20-2013, 02:57 PM   #27
Gixxersixxerman

Drives: Toyota GT86, 66 beetle, 11 GSXR 750
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
The burn out isn't so bad till he takes off.. He is just sitting there.. A cop would've given him a citation but not arrested him.. The ebrake slide and the driving fast down the road is un called for..
Old 01-20-2013, 03:05 PM   #28
Jedi1
STX build in progress!

Garage
Sorry, but in my eyes the burnout is pretty bad. Somebody does that in front of my house while I'm homeand it's going to get ugly. I don't want to look at that every day for the next few years.

Closed Thread