follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 08-12-2012, 12:43 PM   #85
SupraLove
Banned

Drives: 2007 Toyota Camry LE, 5AT i4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Anybody know about the GT86's stock head unit/nav and if it can be installed into the FR-S'? If so, where can I buy it from? The stock head unit really ****es me off.
SupraLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 05:04 PM   #86
Saber_TRD

Drives: '09 Cobalt SS Turbo
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZC6BRZ View Post
If you look at the JDM catalog, the GT in one of the catalogues has a different sport pedal which is bigger for accel on MT and bigger dead pedal. Were these preproduction pictures that never made it to production?

The link that I posted in my previous post about the rear center piece is my source. I'm currently in Japan, and I've ordered one, should get it at the end of the week.

See in the first catalog pic the MT Gas pedal is bigger, and the AT Gas pedal is "normal" sized, but has a big dead pedal. This is the same catalog that I got last week in Japan. It is different from the FR-S/BRZ.

In the Netz catalog, the MT gas pedal is the same as the FR-S/BRZ.

Wonder if it actually made its way into production.
I've never seen that pedal before, it's no where to be found on the Toyota.jp site. I even went through the accessories page to be sure. It may have been cut.

RC 86 page: http://toyota.jp/86/001_p_001/grade/grade4/index.html
G 86 page: http://toyota.jp/86/001_p_001/grade/grade3/index.html
GT 86 page: http://toyota.jp/86/001_p_001/grade/grade2/index.html
GT 86 Limited page: http://toyota.jp/86/001_p_001/grade/grade1/index.html
Comparison page: http://toyota.jp/86/001_p_001/spec/e...oto/index.html
Accessories page: http://toyota.jp/service/option/dc/w...001&kind_cd=02

You didn't have the links for the center piece before, but interesting. Good to know it's a separate piece. Updating post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupraLove View Post
Anybody know about the GT86's stock head unit/nav and if it can be installed into the FR-S'? If so, where can I buy it from? The stock head unit really ****es me off.
Yes, I answered that question in this thread here: http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showp...2&postcount=55

There is no single stock head unit/nav, you can go without one from factory if you like, so you can install an aftermarket of your choice, or you can choose 1 off 11 different head units.

It's not a good idea to take a JDM or EUDM Nav unit, even if they have english they'll be made for their specific regions and the maps would not be of use to you, for the Nav anyway.
Old 08-12-2012, 06:03 PM   #87
ZC6BRZ
Wannabe JDM Type S

Drives: 2013 BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupraLove View Post
The other issue is that the Japanese radio band is totally different than the USA, and the knobs would be on the wrong side.

Your best bet is to just get an aftermarket one.
ZC6BRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 06:30 PM   #88
quik1987

Drives: Bugatti Veyron
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
on the canadian brz, the highest trim radio is similar to the pioneer avic 940bt

Pioneer® AVIC – X9310BT to be exact

Quote:
A high-performing multimedia system for a high-performing car. The 6.1-inch touchscreen controls the entertainment, communication and navigation functions. Bluetooth® mobile phone connectivity delivers crystal-clear, hands-free calling. Smartphone† integration provides for news feed and social media status updates on-the-fly. The system also features iPod®/USB integration, Bluetooth® streaming audio, an SD card reader, and the ability to play DivX® files and DVD discs when the car is parked.

†iPhone 4 compatible.

Last edited by quik1987; 08-12-2012 at 06:40 PM.
quik1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 08:01 PM   #89
PhilPhactor

Drives: 94 Toyota T100
Hey guys I know this is a bit random but I this is the closet thread I am looking for my concerns. I wanna get a ultramarine BRZ soon but the red stitching will not go with it well at all in my opinion, and I do not wanna opt out for the Limited. I trying to go for the Premium and i was wondering if i can order from a dealership without the tacky red stitching?
PhilPhactor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 10:31 PM   #90
SupraLove
Banned

Drives: 2007 Toyota Camry LE, 5AT i4
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilPhactor View Post
Hey guys I know this is a bit random but I this is the closet thread I am looking for my concerns. I wanna get a ultramarine BRZ soon but the red stitching will not go with it well at all in my opinion, and I do not wanna opt out for the Limited. I trying to go for the Premium and i was wondering if i can order from a dealership without the tacky red stitching?
Hey there, and welcome to the forums! Unfortunately, unless you get the OEM black interior parts from Japan and install them yourself, there's no way you can order it without red stitching. It comes like that from the factory. You could also gut the stock seats and slap some nice Recaros on there.
SupraLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 04:29 PM   #91
Saber_TRD

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilPhactor View Post

This really isn't the right thread or section of the forum for that question. Your best bet is to go to the BRZ section. This section is for the Toyota and Scion, this thread is about converting a Scion to a Toyota. Welcome anyways, but wrong place.
Old 09-01-2012, 12:34 AM   #92
Minovsky

Drives: Fr-s 2013 white out
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Really hating scion for not giving any options...
Minovsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 05:25 PM   #93
Chad

Drives: FR-S Whiteout
So has anyone tried the push button start on the FR-S? Did some searches nothing came up... something i might be interested in preferably if I could even order it factory? Hmm..
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 01:01 AM   #94
nashsnazzy

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S White Out
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
There is some dope stuff in here no doubt but where does one purchase any of it?
nashsnazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 02:37 AM   #95
two40silvia

Drives: Subaru BRZ
I'm gonna be honest, I didn't read pages 2 through 4, but what about the red triangle "reflector" we got in the states? I heard that on the gt86, the triangle is an actual light. Any word on this?
two40silvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 02:39 AM   #96
Calidrifter
@Executive_chicken

Drives: Firestorm FR-S, Audi A3 E-tron
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Garage
This is true. There are a couple of DIY's iN the DIY section that allow you to add a bulb for the same effect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyn View Post
That guy, like me after BBQ Thursdays, is full of shit.
Calidrifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 02:40 AM   #97
86_ZN6

Drives: 86 ZN6
Thanked 2,072 Times in 1,222 Posts
Mentioned: 126 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by two40silvia View Post
I'm gonna be honest, I didn't read pages 2 through 4, but what about the red triangle "reflector" we got in the states? I heard that on the gt86, the triangle is an actual light. Any word on this?
86 and gt86 lights up. (acts as rear fog light)

FRS is just a reflector.

but some made DIYs already and fitted a working light into the housing
86_ZN6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 07:02 PM   #98
Saber_TRD

Sorry guys, I haven't been keeping up on this thread and with my last dealings with Toyota/Scion ending with them not wanting to take my money for the parts in this list and the way I've been treated in contacts with them, I've honestly lost a lot of interest. I'm even currently looking at other car companies as this whole situation is a last straw in a long line of situations. Toyota has failed me and this die hard fan is finally giving up and walking away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honeydew View Post
Really hating scion for not giving any options...
Yeah, they really dropped the ball.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
So has anyone tried the push button start on the FR-S? Did some searches nothing came up... something i might be interested in preferably if I could even order it factory? Hmm..
I haven't heard of anyone doing it yet, I was going to try but I can't get a hold of the parts from Toyota and I don't want to go through a 3rd party dealer as they may not give me all the parts I need and will obviously have a markup if only for their own profit, which makes sense, but I want to avoid. Cutting out a middle man, yeah?

The chief engineer, Tada-san, said in an interview somewhere that it's possible to convert from a non-dual climate controls with push start to one with. So it should be doable, just need the parts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashsnazzy View Post
There is some dope stuff in here no doubt but where does one purchase any of it?
There are some 3rd party vendors in the marketplace section, on this forum, that sell some of the parts. http://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=32

Just have to sort through them and see who has what. It's not cheap though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by two40silvia View Post
That "reflector" is a rear fog light for some areas of the world where it's required by law. In some areas it is against the law to have it. I believe the US may be one of the locations it isn't allowed, but not 100%. Supposedly even Japan doesn't have the light in there. It's for some European countries, if what I've read is correct. I left it out for this reason.

Tags
conversion, fr-s, gt86, options, toyota