follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
86SPEED
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Scion FR-S Forum | Subaru BRZ Forum | Toyota 86 GT 86 Forum | AS1 Forum - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > Southwest

Southwest AZ, NM, NV, OK, TX, UT

User Tag List

Old 06-11-2012, 03:30 PM   #155
Rabble

Drives: Asphalt FR-S
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Man, Charles Maund is really jacking up the price on these things. What a bunch of jackasses. Makes me glad I canceled my preorder with them...

I'd be down for a weekend at Driveway Austin if you'll let us non FRSers join in too.
Rabble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 03:41 PM   #156
Dang Lad

Drives: Asphalt MT FR-S
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Everyone is definitely invited to the Driveway run, the more the merrier!
Dang Lad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 04:31 PM   #157
mickey177

Drives: Whiteout AT
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
I am starting to run out of patience.I cant seem to find a whiteout with a manual transmission anywhere.According to autotrader it looks like there is an whiteout with a automatic in Irving. Last week when I was looking the nearest whiteout with manual was in kansas (505 miles away). So if anyone see a Whiteout for sale around here please give me a heads up. Cause this is driving me mad. I am sure i check autotrader more than 15 times a day.
mickey177 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 04:45 PM   #158
Dang Lad

Drives: Asphalt MT FR-S
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
I think whiteout and firestorm are the most in-demand colors, so I imagine it's going to be very difficult to get your hands on one for the next month or so at least
Dang Lad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 05:21 PM   #159
garsh0p

Drives: Hot Lava MT
Turns out Don McGill in Katy said they didn't actually have the car even though it was listed on autotrader... not sure what's up.
garsh0p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 05:53 PM   #160
mickey177

Quote:
Originally Posted by garsh0p View Post
Turns out Don McGill in Katy said they didn't actually have the car even though it was listed on autotrader... not sure what's up.
Yeah this is very annoying for me too.They shouldnt put the vehicles up unless it is available.It is driving me crazy.
Old 06-11-2012, 06:33 PM   #161
Rabble

Sometimes Dealership websites automatically update autotrader so they don't have to do it manually. So 90% of the cars you see will already be sold.

Remember, this car has only been out for 11 days.

-----

Oh god, I just got a call from Champion, I'm next on the list. I might be making a very bad no good financial decision in the coming days...

Last edited by Rabble; 06-11-2012 at 07:41 PM.
Old 06-12-2012, 11:09 AM   #162
preetham

Drives: 2008 ISF, 2011 987 Spyder
Just checked out the car and decided not to buy..atleast for now. My first choice was a whiteout and Red was second (never seen a red in person before). The dealer got a Red and i was not as impressed with the colour. I have 2 Red cars and did not want another Red unless it really stood out.

The exterior looked great, one of the best under 50K. I was especially impressed with the rear. It had well defined chiseled lines. Chrome in the tailights was not of my taste, otherwise perfect all around.

The interior was a disappointment (it could be relative). The quality of the meterials on the dashboard was nice and soft. The seating position was great. The interior felt roomy for a car of this size. However, I found the area around the center console boring and that plastic panel in front of the passenger...why? I hope there are some aftermarket cosmetic inlays (perhaps CF wraps) available over time to bring some excitememt to it. Was not a big fan of the cloth seats and back seats(too much cloth), but what you pay is what you get. Would be nice to have a leather option. The 99 Toyota Celica that i had years ago had a much better interior and lot more leather.

The drive was as expected (which were high given the reviews). The motor felt rev-happy and responsive. I think for most Daily Driving, the power is adequate. Did not feel sluggish at any time. There is a slight bit of weight to the car (i driver a 2900lbs car with 320hp) and you notice it only when you try and take it through S-turns, but i would say handling is best in class. Felt planted driving through tight corners: this is where the car really shines. It ouwld be a blast driving around Hill Country. The suspension was sprung a bit softer for my taste, but if i get one it would be easily remedied with aftermarket\TRD support. I think the chassis can handle a bit more power. Only disappointment in this department was the Steering. It did not feel as connected and there is a bit of a lag when you turn the steering and you feel the car turning, but then i dive a hydraulic steering. Better than most cars i have driven.

I have decided to hold off on getting a new car. I will wait for a lightly used car a year from now. I just do not feel like buying a new car with that interior. I will also wait to consider aftermarket interior cosmetic options and additional power options. I think around 250-270 HP will be nice, just coz i am looking for a track application. I think the car is a work in progress and will only get better in time. I was looking at a more track and part time DD and since i have no need to buy a car now, i am going to wait.
preetham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 11:36 AM   #163
mickey177

Quote:
Originally Posted by preetham View Post
Just checked out the car and decided not to buy..atleast for now. My first choice was a whiteout and Red was second (never seen a red in person before). The dealer got a Red and i was not as impressed with the colour. I have 2 Red cars and did not want another Red unless it really stood out.

The exterior looked great, one of the best under 50K. I was especially impressed with the rear. It had well defined chiseled lines. Chrome in the tailights was not of my taste, otherwise perfect all around.

The interior was a disappointment (it could be relative). The quality of the meterials on the dashboard was nice and soft. The seating position was great. The interior felt roomy for a car of this size. However, I found the area around the center console boring and that plastic panel in front of the passenger...why? I hope there are some aftermarket cosmetic inlays (perhaps CF wraps) available over time to bring some excitememt to it. Was not a big fan of the cloth seats and back seats(too much cloth), but what you pay is what you get. Would be nice to have a leather option. The 99 Toyota Celica that i had years ago had a much better interior and lot more leather.

The drive was as expected (which were high given the reviews). The motor felt rev-happy and responsive. I think for most Daily Driving, the power is adequate. Did not feel sluggish at any time. There is a slight bit of weight to the car (i driver a 2900lbs car with 320hp) and you notice it only when you try and take it through S-turns, but i would say handling is best in class. Felt planted driving through tight corners: this is where the car really shines. It ouwld be a blast driving around Hill Country. The suspension was sprung a bit softer for my taste, but if i get one it would be easily remedied with aftermarket\TRD support. I think the chassis can handle a bit more power. Only disappointment in this department was the Steering. It did not feel as connected and there is a bit of a lag when you turn the steering and you feel the car turning, but then i dive a hydraulic steering. Better than most cars i have driven.

I have decided to hold off on getting a new car. I will wait for a lightly used car a year from now. I just do not feel like buying a new car with that interior. I will also wait to consider aftermarket interior cosmetic options and additional power options. I think around 250-270 HP will be nice, just coz i am looking for a track application. I think the car is a work in progress and will only get better in time. I was looking at a more track and part time DD and since i have no need to buy a car now, i am going to wait.
Were you looking at the red one at Champion Toyota? Well I got a lead on a whiteout out of town and planning on testing driving it tonight. I am keeping my fingers cross, but if everything works out I will own it in the next couple of days. Luxmn will have a twin on the street of austin, I will have almost the same car (only thing different I know of right now is that the car doesnt have the trunk mat,which is great cause it will save me the interest and taxes). And I am also oriental,5'4 and the same weight. And what do most people say "You asians all look alike".lol. So wish me luck.
Old 06-12-2012, 12:11 PM   #164
garsh0p

Drives: Hot Lava MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabble View Post
Sometimes Dealership websites automatically update autotrader so they don't have to do it manually. So 90% of the cars you see will already be sold.

Remember, this car has only been out for 11 days.

-----

Oh god, I just got a call from Champion, I'm next on the list. I might be making a very bad no good financial decision in the coming days...
Awesome! I'm right behind you on that list! What color are you looking for?
garsh0p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 12:23 PM   #165
preetham

Drives: 2008 ISF, 2011 987 Spyder
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey177 View Post
Were you looking at the red one at Champion Toyota? Well I got a lead on a whiteout out of town and planning on testing driving it tonight. I am keeping my fingers cross, but if everything works out I will own it in the next couple of days. Luxmn will have a twin on the street of austin, I will have almost the same car (only thing different I know of right now is that the car doesnt have the trunk mat,which is great cause it will save me the interest and taxes). And I am also oriental,5'4 and the same weight. And what do most people say "You asians all look alike".lol. So wish me luck.
Yes, i was looking at the Red at Champion last evening. Good luck. Whitout is my fav colour.
preetham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 12:25 PM   #166
Rabble

Champion just told me they sent the red one off on a truck as a trade for a white one because that's what preetham wanted. Sux for me I was next on the list.

As for color, I told him next available.
Old 06-12-2012, 12:43 PM   #167
mickey177

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabble View Post
Champion just told me they sent the red one off on a truck as a trade for a white one because that's what preetham wanted. Sux for me I was next on the list.

As for color, I told him next available.
Well hang in there. I am still worry if i can get mine in the next couple of days or not. I cant relax till it is my driveway. On a side note I hate to sound selfish,but I hope that they are not trading the red one for the white one I am trying to get. This is making me nervous.
Old 06-12-2012, 01:04 PM   #168
Rabble

I had that same thought Mickey...that would suck if it was true.

I'm not worried, I've got to decide if I really want to trade the mustang in for an FR-S and I was told they are getting their next allocation on the 20th.