follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Guides

DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Guides For all DIYs.

User Tag List

Old 09-01-2018, 02:50 PM   #15
Strife26

Drives: 2015 Subaru BRZ Series.blue
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by g0odspeed View Post
I’ll check into it
Any updates? Cooler coolant/oil temps than stock or nah? I want to upgrade both some day, but this sounds like a deal!
Old 09-22-2018, 11:40 PM   #16
g0odspeed

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S Asphault
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strife26 View Post
Any updates? Cooler coolant/oil temps than stock or nah? I want to upgrade both some day, but this sounds like a deal!
I’ve been getting consistent readings. Of coarse it depends on the outside temp. On a cool day I’ve dogged it pretty hard and oil temp stayed at 180 and the same with long hauls on the interstate. On a really hot summer day it has gone up to about 210 consistently and the same for interstate travel. I’m not sure what the stock temps were as I didn’t have a gauge before the upgrade. Hope that helps.

Oh and coolant stays between 180 and 190 pretty much no matter what. Unless it’s really cold outside it will drop significantly. Haven’t had the oil temp sensor in current location for winter yet.
g0odspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 12:29 AM   #17
Strife26

Drives: 2015 Subaru BRZ Series.blue
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by g0odspeed View Post
I’ve been getting consistent readings. Of coarse it depends on the outside temp. On a cool day I’ve dogged it pretty hard and oil temp stayed at 180 and the same with long hauls on the interstate. On a really hot summer day it has gone up to about 210 consistently and the same for interstate travel. I’m not sure what the stock temps were as I didn’t have a gauge before the upgrade. Hope that helps.

Oh and coolant stays between 180 and 190 pretty much no matter what. Unless it’s really cold outside it will drop significantly. Haven’t had the oil temp sensor in current location for winter yet.
Thanks for the response. Sounds like it's worth the buy to me. Would you recommend it? I don't mind doing a little fab work to make it fit right, and I do want a radiator + need an oil cooler.

I was looking at this and wondering if it's worth the risk since a lot of people seem to have issues with it.
Old 10-13-2018, 08:27 PM   #18
g0odspeed

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S Asphault
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strife26 View Post
Thanks for the response. Sounds like it's worth the buy to me. Would you recommend it? I don't mind doing a little fab work to make it fit right, and I do want a radiator + need an oil cooler.

I was looking at this and wondering if it's worth the risk since a lot of people seem to have issues with it.
I definite would. For the price you get a better rad and oil cooler for less than the mishimoto oil cooler alone. I’ve ran it for over two years and have had no problems. Do a solid install and you won’t have any problems.
g0odspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to g0odspeed For This Useful Post:
Strife26 (10-14-2018)