follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting)

Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting) Discussions about cosmetic mods.

User Tag List

Old 03-21-2019, 11:22 AM   #1
SavEvoIX

Drives: Evolution IX, 13' FR-S White Out
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Another inop winjet DRL led

Hello,

I am curious how many of you have had issues with the winjet led DRL going inop/stop working??? Mine just failed after 9 months and i am debating whether or not its worth it to order another set as Winjet will not warranty or sell me one headlamp.

Fyi i had the drl mod as well
SavEvoIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 07:29 AM   #2
bmacfrs

Drives: 2013 FRS
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Oh yeah, bad experience with those. I'm on my third set. The first two had an LED strip quit shortly after installation so they shipped replacements. It appears they have acknowledged there is a design problem. The new set has a small component they called a regulator. It is a little white box in-line with one of the wires to the LED. When my second set failed, they asked if I had this on mine or not. They shipped a replacement set that included it.
So maybe there's hope these will last. If not, I'm done with any Winjet products. I had QA issues with the taillights too.
Old 03-28-2019, 01:30 PM   #3
SavEvoIX

Drives: Evolution IX, 13' FR-S White Out
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
I purchased another set and will wire in a LED driver to see if i can get the leds to last longer
SavEvoIX is offline   Reply With Quote