follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB

Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB Problems, issues, recalls, TSBs

User Tag List

Old 12-31-2015, 12:36 AM   #29
cookiesowns

Drives: WRB BRZ Series.Blue
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Noticed your in Ohio.

How cold is it out? Are you letting your tranny and oil ( not water temps ) heat up before driving spiritedly?

At least on my car with Motul 300, the shifting feel really changes from when it's cold, semi-warm, and actually at proper operating temps.

When it's warm, it's alright, but once I slowly get on it, the transmission will soon become butter smooth, that's when I know it's fully warmed up.
cookiesowns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2015, 06:23 PM   #30
lextrueno

Drives: 2013 Firestorm Frs
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by cookiesowns View Post
Noticed your in Ohio.

How cold is it out? Are you letting your tranny and oil ( not water temps ) heat up before driving spiritedly?

At least on my car with Motul 300, the shifting feel really changes from when it's cold, semi-warm, and actually at proper operating temps.

When it's warm, it's alright, but once I slowly get on it, the transmission will soon become butter smooth, that's when I know it's fully warmed up.
Yes it is kinda chilly. Been averaging 40s - 60s with the inclement weather. But I always warm the car up properly before driving in a spirited fashion.

I am looking to buy motul oil here soon and do a change before I have to go back to college.
Old 12-31-2015, 06:53 PM   #31
zberz

Drives: 2015 Lightning Red BRZ
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
The transmission is a bit crunchy between gears (at least for me). The way I see it, there are two options:

Drive it hard and hope it breaks. You get new transmission and win.

Change the oil, double clutch, and baby the crap out of it hoping it'll last.

As far as the attitudes, there is an easy fix. Walk in there knowing what you're talking about and don't accept anything less than a vehicle that works as advertised. It's tough trying to explain the "I know something is wrong because I've been driving the car and it's changed" feeling. So show up with proof of some kind. If you know more about what's going on than they do, they'll have no choice but to listen.

If they didn't expect these cars to be driven hard, they shouldn't have made an affordable RWD sports car.

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk
zberz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 02:16 PM   #32
Mchilese

Drives: '14 BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Garage
Taking my '14 BRZ to the dealer on Tuesday for synchro issues. Hopefully it gets figured out quickly.
Mchilese is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dealerships, synchro, synchro issue, transmission, warranty